Condoleezza Rice's Unsustainable Position On Abortion

Discussion in 'Political Opinions & Beliefs' started by saintmichaeldefendthem, Aug 9, 2012.

1. saintmichaeldefendthem

saintmichaeldefendthem New Member Past Donor

[​IMG]

It's the middle ground that many people seek shelter in. "I think abortion is morally wrong, but I don't think it should be against the law."

Because this generation lacks moral clarity, many are too blind to see the fundamental flaw in this thinking. If we start from the premise that the unborn is innocent human life and that taking that life is wrong, then it defies all reason that we shouldn't enlist the government's help to intervene when human life is at stake. If abortion is murder, then why the reticence to prevent it from happening? It's unfortunate that the unborn cannot protest for themselves the way other persecuted groups have in this country. They can't march in the streets, demonstrate their humanity for all to see, and make a heartfelt plea for their right to exist and live.

Because of that, people think abortion is wrong in the same way that people thought slavery is wrong. "Yeah, it isn't right, but ending it would cause too many problems". Slavery as an institution existed in America for nearly 2 centuries because people knew it was wrong but lacked the moral courage to seek laws against it. My argument is simple. You're not pro life unless you think that abortion is the taking of innocent life, because if that's what it is, then prohibiting it by law is the only real option there is.

2. Zosiasmom

Zosiasmom New Member Past Donor

It depends upon what you think is coming. If you think, perhaps, that the US government will turn into an antichrist system then you would not want them to have any right over your womb.

There are other ways of ending abortion besides use of government.

3. saintmichaeldefendthem

So abortion isn't murder?

4. Montoya

Montoya Banned

Absolutely not.

5. Hoosier8

Hoosier8 Well-Known Member Past Donor

I agree with her. Freedom is more important and there has to be some moral character of the nation. Education is the key.

6. saintmichaeldefendthem

The moral character of our nation is to slaughter a sizeable portion of the next generation. I have no faith in the moral character of our nation and I reject your notion that freedom should be for the select people we think it should apply to. What about the unborn's right to life?

7. Hoosier8

Hoosier8 Well-Known Member Past Donor

Like I said, freedom is paramount. Until the country can agree on this, it should not be legislated. As it is, Roe v Wade is very questionably constitutional. It was an act of judicial activism because Congress could not agree or pass a law.

To your question, can a fetus enter into contract, own property, or any of the other rights?

8. saintmichaeldefendthem

Nothing in the Constitution empowered Congress to pass a law or the Supreme Court to strike down state laws based on its personal opinions. Your argument is indefensible. Either abortion is ok, or it's murder and should be sequestered by law. Let me spell this out for you. In the days we had slavery, the big divide in this country wasn't between those who supported slavery and those who were against it, it was between those who opposed slavery and wanted it banned by law and those who opposed slavery but said it was a fact of life that nobody could do anything about. Those who actually supported slavery were very few, which is why they weren't a significant part of the debate. When you talked about ending slavery, you were encountered with a chorus of people who agreed with you that it was wrong, but then came up with multiple arguments like yours as to why nothing should be done about it. You are useless to the cause of the unborn unless you seek to protect their right to life as a matter of public policy.