Hansen's Arctic Temperature Defies Physics

Discussion in 'Environment & Conservation' started by Windigo, Aug 20, 2012.

1. Windigo

Windigo Banned

Steve Goddard has made a nice little observation about Dr. Hansen's July temperature. His 2-4C arctic anomaly is physically impossible. Its rather simple. Once the temperature rises above freezing the latent heat of the melting ice prevents any significant temperature rise. Extra energy within the system goes to melting the ice. The temperature cannot rise until the ice has melted. This is physics 2 something Hansen should have had back when he was a young undergrad.

http://stevengoddard.wordpress.com/...mperature-anomalies-in-the-high-arctic-again/

[​IMG]

As we can see Hansen is showing a 2-4C anomaly over most of the arctic. The problem of course is such a high anomaly violates the laws of physics.

As you can see by the data in the from Denmark's COI while arctic temperature can be quite variable below freezing once the temperature passes freezing the laws of physics kick and added heat goes to the state change of the ice and the temperature flat-lines.

[​IMG]

Of course I'm sure the warmmongers will argue that the record is robust etc etc.

2. Elmer Fudd

Elmer Fudd New Member

Coincidence we both come across unfounded wild Hanson-Claims at the same time......

This guy is all feathers and no guts.........

3. Windigo

Windigo Banned

You can rest assured that the Hansen defenders will come here and use yearly averages to hide the fact that his July temperature is physically impossible. Since the temperature in the high arctic is rarely above freezing the warmmongers can hide the fact that his July numbers are impossible in the high variance of temperature during the rest of the year when the laws of phase transition don't put a cap on temperature .

4. bobgnote

bobgnote New Member

Yawn. Another straw Hanson rant, big whoop. When Hansen has heard of Mass Extinction Event 6, put a cola on ice, and I'll chug it.

During Phase I of runaway global warming, CO2 and CH4 concentrations both go off the hook, acidification starts to kill ocean life, but high temp records are only moving, in 2010, from 2-1, relative to low-temp records, to 3-1, 2012.

When the northern Arctic ice melts, every summer, and GHGs are way more off the hook, then we will have some kind of temperature information, worth popping some kind of cola about.

Until then, we don't enter Phase II, of runaway global warming. We are still going to hammer our way into Phase II, without any sort of unified response, so as Mass Extinction Event 6 unfolds, climate change will ease natural disasters way up, while various cartoon characters erect straw men and call them names.

Then the straw men will catch fire. Whoopee. All that proves is humans aren't very smart. Guess which ones aren't very smart! ALL KINDS OF HUMANS aren't very smart! That's why we are racing, into Mass Extinction Event 6, without any sort of unification, to slow down our wild approach, into a mass extinction.

You think people could respect STRATEGY, but nooooo. People are playing tactical games, with each other.

Humans will become endangered, toward the end of our lives. Human habitat will start to fail, in Phase I, of runaway warming, but in Phase II, human habitat will FAIL, as the northern cap melts, every summer, and a lot more solar energy starts gathering, in an atmosphere, with relatively dense GHG concentrations.

I wonder if any humans will see Phase III, of runaway warming? That happens when the Greenland and East Antarctic ice sheets are all melted, no Physics 2 heat sinks are evident, and temperature has maxed out, relative to any greenhouse effect, but more GHGs are out-gassing, from volcanic eruptions.

Don't get all doomy and gloomy, but ignoring what is happening is exactly what gay bath-house patrons did, when they kept up the at-risk drugs and sex, to spread HIV, into a deadly AIDS epidemic.

Hey, when I take a bath, I do it by myself, and I wash. Just saying.

5. Windigo

Windigo Banned

Now that is funny.

6. bobgnote

bobgnote New Member

Here's a giggle:

The heat sink effect has kept global average temperature rise, to a mere 1 F, since the 1970s. But as the GHG concentrations rise, and perennial ice simultaneously fails, we are approaching a tipping point, when the heat sink will fail, to a degree, northern ice albedo will fail, during northern summers, and the increase in energy will translate, to an acceleration, in warming, when climate change is already evident, while the tipping point approaches.

All this is happening, with relatively mild solar intensity. How's THIS for funny: Into the valley of death rode the 600. Nyuk-nyuk!

7. Windigo

Windigo Banned

In the end albedo all a number. If decline in northern ice is causing the increase in northern snow extent then the snow extent more than offsets the ice loss as the snow cover is greater than the ice loss and snow has a greater albedo than ice. This would be a negative feedback.

8. bobgnote

bobgnote New Member

East Antarctic sheet ice is increasing, as is certain annual snow and ice accumulations, including this last winter's marginal northern cap ice, which also melted, faster than ever. Perennial ice is failing. The year approaches, when all northern cap ice will be ANNUAL.

This is due to more water in the climate system.

AGAIN, you failed to notice I refer, to PERENNIAL ICE and NORTHERN ICE ALBEDO, which are both more significant than ANNUAL PRECIPITATION, of any kind, snow or ice, included. I tried capitalizing concepts, which you ignored, before, and I see your retention isn't that good, from thread to thread.

When the northern cap is exclusively an ANNUAL PHENOMENON, part of the northern summer will feature absorption, of more solar energy. You might want to save this post, somehow, so you don't forget what is happening OR what I am referring to, which is a trend, which will continue.

You aren't defining your feedback, coherently. If you are into writing what you know, great. Go ahead and blurb this out. But try to experiment with concepts, like coherent English usages and references, for any word-concepts, which you may introduce.

It's the sciencey thing, to do.

When that northern ice fails, the Earth will absorb more energy, agreed? OK, then. The planet is already heating up, more, in the northern hemisphere. So don't pretend this isn't in transition.

9. Windigo

Windigo Banned

What is so hard to understand. Ice and snow reflect radiation this is albedo. If as the warmmongers claim northern ice loss of about 2,000,000km2 has caused in increase in northern snow extent of around 4,000,000 km2 than the albedo from the snow extent exceeds that lost from the sea ice and we have a strong negative feedback.

BTW the minimum of ice loss doesn't occur in the summer. It occurs in the late fall when the arctic sees less than 4 hours of daylight so the albedo at the minimum isn't great.

10. bobgnote

bobgnote New Member

Look. Look and see. WORDS, with DIFFERENT MEANINGS!

1. Perennial: enduring, persistent, beyond annual or otherwise periodic, so look it up;

2. Annual: fails completely, every year, per seasonal variance.

SO, when the ANNUAL ice and snow melt, every summer, there isn't an ice albedo effect, is there! So there is a time, of greater energy absorption, at that time! This happens, NO MATTER HOW MUCH ANNUAL PRECIPITATION FALLS AND ACCUMULATES.

Did you go to one of those schools, where English US is not required?

"Warmongers" isn't plain English, dude. It's a RWNJ rant term, to describe straw men, who can be used, to scare crows away, from corny stuff.

Complete, coherent, punctuated sentences were a minimum, at university. I didn't see you, there! Where were you?

You weren't thinking up a storm, somewhere else, or you would notice RELATIVE ALBEDO, which is already failing, and which may soon completely fail, while the northern days are still relatively long.

11. Please Let Me Vote

Please Let Me Vote Banned

dear god, is exxon working on this forum too?

12. bobgnote

bobgnote New Member

The people who scat up all the nonsense apparently hearken, to Heartland Corp. media, which is the same Heartland, started up, with a lot of funding, including from corporations, owned by the Koch Brothers, Dave and Charlie.

Charles K. partly funded a recent study, which proves AGW, while David K. funded a NOVA ep. I saw, recently. Oil companies have admitted to warming.

So it must be the coal fools and frackers, who keep all the RWNJ hobbyists ranting up a lot of poo.

Hey, when Mr.Columbus found out about Templars and Vikings going over, he went over, and then Magellan found out, what the Chinese already knew: THE EARTH IS A SPHEROID, which sailors can circumnavigate.

Of course, when the sheet ice melts, that means it won't just slide off the edge, yo. :cowboy:

13. Windigo

Windigo Banned

Well that one sentence tells me a lot about your rants. News flash!!! Aristotle proved the Earth was round in his book De Caelo which he wrote in the 4th Century BC. Columbus and everyone else knew the earth was round. The question was how big. In the 3rd Century BC Eratosthenes using an absolutely brilliant method determined the earth to be around 25k miles in circumference(we don't know exactly as the exact length of the unit of measurement he used is not perceptively known). A very accurate calculation. Columbus believed the circumference to be far smaller and therefore navigable. It was believed that circumnavigating the globe wasn't possible because food would run out before you reached Asia. Had the Americas not been in the way that would have been correct given the technology at the time. Columbus was wrong.

You see friend the the flat earth myth is a myth. Its was started in the 18th Century by Washington Irving in a fictional book. The growing atheist movement latched onto the myth as a symbol of the conflict between the church and scientific reality. Over time it has become a hallmark of leftists loons who want to think that they are smarter than everyone else. What they never get is just how ignorant the flat earth reference is.

14. bobgnote

bobgnote New Member

OK, you don't think religious nuts including the Vatican were involved in the flat earth controversy, or with hassling Galileo and Nostradamus, since YOU CAN'T READ, apparently.

How's this? Heartland-affected, anti-science scofflaws against global warming theory are like GAY BATH-HOUSE PATRONS, who shot speed and engaged in unprotected sex, until the bath-houses were all CLOSED.

Then marijuana was partly re-legalized, in certain states, only after the selfish homosexuals made their AIDS into the only hemp issue, when they had to suppress how hemp yields 25,000 market-leading products, including foods, fuels, and building materials.

Since all the special interests were lined up, nobody legalized hemp, generally, so FDR's sellout, to Andrew Mellon and the Hearst organization and their timber and oil and prison cartel interests continue, with the gay plague.

Your virtual bath-house needs to get closed, and hemp needs to be re-legalized, for industry. Try that on.

15. Windigo

Windigo Banned

The formal position of the Church at the time of Columbus was that the earth was round as shown by Aristotle in De Caelo.

Understand the importance of Aristotle to the Medieval Church. Aristotle was essentially canon. The Church argued that Eratosthenes calculation of 25k miles was also correct and that Columbus would not be able to circumnavigate the globe before running out of food. Columbus argued that the Church was wrong on Eratosthenes' calculation and that they had wrongly interpreted his estimate, like I said before we don't know exactly what Eratosthenes had calculated because we don't know exactly how long the unit of length Eratosthenes had used actually was. Using a later estimate proposed by Ptolemy based on a different and shorter length for a stadia (the unit of measurement used by Eratosthenes) Columbus believed that the earth was only 16k miles in circumference and therefor it was possible to sail west to India before running out of food. Columbus was wrong the Earth is 25k miles in circumference.

As for Galileo that is also an ironic claim because you have previously argued about the earth being a perfect sphere. The execution of Galileo ties quite well into the AGW debate because it is the warmmongers who argue for this perfectly balanced system rather akin to the Hellenistic universe where every celestial body was a perfect sphere all orbiting in perfect circular orbits. This view of a perfect universe in perfect balance rather than the chaotic system that it is, is as old as man himself. After all almost every religion has its origin in the triumph of order and balance over chaos. For thousands of years the true chaos of the universe has scared man. Warmmongers are no different.

What makes you think that I'm opposed to the legalization of hemp?

16. bobgnote

bobgnote New Member

1. OK, dude, when I introduced Columbus, I should have introduced Galileo, since you have a point about Columbus, which has not eased your tendency, to deflect and bait. The churches need to GO, since they are organized criminal media, with a carbon footprint.

2. Where you really go off the edge is when you rant about "warmongers." Your posts are completely anal, in that you perceive a minor point, and you go off, as if your rant about a spheroid was anything more than a minor point, when my remark about "sphere" was in reply, to a usual rant, about "warmongers." So your conjecture is on top of reply, to your previous straw man. This is why I introduced the gay bath-house allusion.

The Earth IS a spheroid. So WHAT? Your details about this are not more than deflection, from where we are, in the course of runaway global warming and resulting climate change and Mass Extinction Event 6, since you are deflecting, how you ranted about "warmongers" and if I remember, "warmistas."

So I offered the Earth is a "sphere," which is similar, to a "spheroid," relative to any flat-earth media, which you have pointed out was fading, from religious dogma, at the time of Columbus, as has any anti-AGW skepticism, since Benedict opined how deniers are atheists, or whatever he said.

Your denial of climate change and Mass Extinction Event 6 IS like that, of gay bath-house patrons, who kept up their at-risk practices, until the bath-houses were CLOSED.

3. If you are for re-legalization of hemp, you are welcome to introduce any related media. What makes you think I would oppose your posts, in favor of hemp media? Your abandonment of any deflection, including rants about "warmongers" or "warmistas" would be a break, for PF bandwidth.

17. waltky

waltky Well-Known Member

Granny says, "Dat's right - alla ice gonna melt an' we all gonna drown...
    :grandma:
    Arctic and Antarctic sea ice hit record low in January: UN
    Saturday 18th February, 2017 - The extent of sea ice in the Arctic and Antarctic last month was the lowest on record for January, the UN World Meteorological Organization said on Friday, while concentrations of carbon dioxide in the atmosphere hit a January record.

18. livefree

livefree Banned

Just the usual crackpot denier cult pseudo-scientific gobbledegook....this time trying to fool people by ignoring the fact that measured Arctic temperatures that Dr. Hansen and others are talking about refers to atmospheric temperatures up to thousands of feet in altitude. That heat content does not transfer instantly to the ice masses below, as the lying (non-scientist) stooge for the fossil fuel industry, Steven Goddard (a fake name, BTW), wants you to believe it supposedly should.

Nothing here but meaningless denier cult twaddle, suitable to fool the scientific retards in the cult of reality denial.

"Goddard, whose real name is Tony Heller, is your typical know nothing AGW denier blogger. He used to be a regular guest author on WattsUpWithThat, except that he became a regular embarrassment, and he and Watts parted ways. In one of the worst examples (although there are so many to choose from), Watts had to apologize for the utter stupidity of one of Goddard's articles:

"My apologies to readers. I'll leave it up (note altered title) as an example of what not to do when graphing trends"
    http://wattsupwiththat.com/2010/07/02/ar...

John Cook rebutted another of Goddard's idiotic WUWT posts here as well:
    http://www.skepticalscience.com/Watts-Up...

Goddard now runs his own blog. Considering that he was too ignorant even for the exceptionally low standards at WUWT, not surprisingly, very few people actually read it. Apparently it's not his real name and Steven Goddard is a pseudonym, which is funny, because Anthony Watts claims that everybody who writes on his site goes by their real names."

19. drluggit

drluggit Well-Known Member

Evidently, we have an actual victim of sea state rise. The poor continent of Zealandia. If you haven't heard of it before, it's because it has just been discovered. The fact that most of the continent is under the Pacific ocean seems to have been the culprit. Those poor poor folks in New Zealand, their continent lost. whatever will they do?

20. livefree

livefree Banned

Do you actually imagine that you aren't just spewing meaningless drivel? LOLOLOLOL. How hilariously pathetic.

21. drluggit

drluggit Well-Known Member

I'm wounded. Really. Of course, we must immediately produce a plan to raise the drowned continent. To the lifts.....

22. AFM

AFM Well-Known Member Past Donor

And pumps !!

23. Steady Pie

Steady Pie Well-Known Member Past Donor

Nice and cool in Australia and the Antarctic. Nice.

24. BlackHogGranolaBrown

BlackHogGranolaBrown Banned

This Hanson, and or Hansen family seems to be a bunch of kooks.

The band sucked, as does the Cream soda, the global warming guy is a kook, and then there's that guy obsessed with pedophiles, which leads me to believe he might be a pedophile.

25. livefree

livefree Banned

This moronic pseudo-science thread was completely debunked in post #18. Too bad the denier cultists don't know enough about science to realize that fact. The climate scientists, like Dr. Hansen, still win.