Reggie Love: Obama leads like he plays

Discussion in 'Elections & Campaigns' started by Smartmouthwoman, Aug 28, 2012.

1. Smartmouthwoman

Smartmouthwoman Bless your heart Past Donor

Interesting. If Obama plays like he leads, he must never make a basket.

[​IMG]

Reggie Love: Obama leads like he plays
    CNN Chief White House Correspondent Jessica Yellin and CNN White House Producer Gabriella Schwarz

Tampa, Florida (CNN) – Reggie Love, the man by President Barack Obama's side for two years in the White House, said the president leads like he plays basketball.

In an exclusive interview with CNN Chief White House Correspondent Jessica Yellin, Love said the president is a competitor above all else.

Love, who worked in then-Sen. Obama's Capitol Hill office before joining him on the campaign trail and in the White House, said that competitive nature extends to politics, cards and even shuffle board.

The former Duke basketball player often hits the court with the president and said he is able to brush off a bad play in sports and in life, managing to appear "really calm all the time."

"I think it looks like he's really, really calm all the time and nothing gets under his skin, but I think from an efficiency standpoint, you know, you can cry about the call or you can look to the next play," Love said. "And if you spend your time crying about the call, usually you, you miss the next play. And then ... instead of having one bad play, now you have two."

– See more of Love's interview in "Obama Revealed: The man, the president" airing at 8 p.m. ET Monday September 3 on CNN.

Source & Video

Wonder if Mr. Love will tell us why a young man like himself would walk away from a job as personal asst to the most powerful man on the planet... to go back to school?

Curious that he's now granting interviews. Can a tell-all book be far behind?

[​IMG]

2. Windigo

Windigo Banned

Does he mean a ball hog jump shooter. Lets not forget Obama's book where he said that he didn't start on his high school basketball team because he "played black basketball" and his coach coached white basketball. Chalk up someone else thrown under the Obama bus. Truth of the matter is that Punahou is an elite athletic school. They send numerous athletes Divsion1 in multiple sports. When Obama went to school there they were a fast paced above the rim team. Obama was to only one one the team who couldn't dunk. So I guess what he regards as "black basketball". Is a ball hog jump-shooter.

3. Think for myself

Think for myself Well-Known Member Past Donor

Because some people actually value education and want to learn?

You know, some people do think that educating themselves is a priority.

4. Smartmouthwoman

Yeah, right. Like his job as personal asst to the president would be there forever, but he could only go back to school for a limited time.

Something's fishy... maybe we'll hear about it since he's started talking now.

5. Think for myself

Were you not seeking actual answers? Clearly you asked a question and i provided an answer for you, a theory of sorts.

6. Smartmouthwoman

Your theory doesn't make sense. School will always be there. Working for the POTUS is a once in a lifetime opportunity.

Why do you think he left?

(Please don't say to go back to school... not buying it.)

7. Think for myself

To go back to school. That was the reason he gave, and I see no reason other than desire for sordid nonsense to think that it was otherwise.