Best political cartoon ever, "Bernanke for President" (thanks to Chuck Asay)

Discussion in 'Political Opinions & Beliefs' started by Pollycy, Sep 10, 2012.

1. Pollycy

Pollycy Well-Known Member

THIS is exactly what's wrong with the entire rotten political and economic situation in this country!
    A picture can be worth 1,000 words, and this masterful political cartoon by Chuck Asay speaks many, many more.

[​IMG]

By Chuck Asay, as it appeared in the Colorado Springs Gazette, 10 Sep 12. THANK YOU, CHUCK! NO ONE COULD HAVE DESCRIBED IT BETTER!

Whether "Leader", "President", "Führer", or whatever -- Ben "Bailout" Bernanke is the man with the Plan... for a worthless American dollar and endless debt!

2. garyd

garyd Well-Known Member

Gross oversimplification.

3. dujac

dujac Well-Known Member

4. Pollycy

Hi, Jac! Good to see your software is still capable of responding... sort of. Got anything specific to comment on in the Asay political cartoon, or is this just another one of your nondescript regurgitations about nothing in particular? I've told you before, that Q&A intercept automatons can easily be modified to mimic human responses with just a few more lines of code....

5. dujac

dujac Well-Known Member

i would think that anybody with a brain can see that the cartoon is ridiculously inaccurate

bernanke is no super-rich puppet master, he's a modest public servant and academic

exactly what do you think i am?

6. montra

montra New Member

That's right, he needs a VP to be named along side him.

7. montra

montra New Member

A rabid statist who insists on defending the status quo?

Just a guess.

You have to undestand that those who question the status quo are all unenlightened and dim-witted. So perhaps you can shed some light on the subject.

First of all, is the Fed a monopoly? If not, why not?

8. dujac

dujac Well-Known Member

you've made a mistaken guess, i'm defending the truth and i'm not a statist

9. peoplevsmedia

peoplevsmedia Banned

I am not familiar with latest tv cartoons, but if this guy is on television, he is likely not the puppet master

10. montra

montra New Member

What is the truth?

11. dujac

dujac Well-Known Member

there are special interests that put out lots of misinformation about the fed

for example this:

in the movie 'freedom to fascism' russo says president wilson said, "i am a most unhappy man. i have unwittingly ruined my country."

it isn't true, wilson did not say that, in fact he was proud of the federal reserve act legislation

12. montra

montra New Member

I'm not here to defend some movie I've never seen.

Again I will ask you, is the Fed a monopoly? If not, why not?

13. dujac

dujac Well-Known Member

who cares, i'm addressing the misinformation propaganda regarding the fed, like what's in the op

14. montra

montra New Member

Who cares? I guess no one does, but last I checked monopolies are illegal......except when it's "convenient" I suppose.

The Fed is the ONLY vehicle that the state has for running up massive debt. WIthout them, it would not be possible to put the Republic in such fiscal jeapardy to the point of threatening its very survival.

But then, who cares, right? Certainly not you.

15. dujac

dujac Well-Known Member

you're completely mistaken again

and i don't support the debt level, who does?

also, the fact is that the fed lends to member banks, not congress

16. Day of the Candor

Day of the Candor Well-Known Member

If you disagree with Bernanke on those points then why do you defend the policies of the Fed and dis this thread as being "propaganda"? Bernanke is not just some innocent public servant, dujac. Wake up! He's one of the biggest powerbrokers in the world. He works directly with the European Central Banks and the International Monetary Fund. And none of what these people do is good for anybody who works for a living in the USA.

17. dujac

dujac Well-Known Member

what points

again, i don't defend the fed, i defend telling the truth about the fed

because it is misinformation propaganda

what is he guilty of?

then why isn't bernanke a multimillionaire like ron paul?

what's wrong with working with other central banks?

18. Dr. Righteous

Dr. Righteous Well-Known Member

What does Ben Bernanke's net worth have to do with this thread?
    What does Ron Paul (much less Ron Paul's net worth) have to do with this thread?

My guess is that you're just trolling, as usual.

19. Dr. Righteous

Bernanke isn't even close to the top of the Food chain. The President and Congress have the power to remove him immediately if they want to. In fact, they could easily dismantle the entire Federal Reserve tomorrow if they wanted to.

20. dujac

dujac Well-Known Member

the op suggest that bernanke is the past, present and future defacto president

if he's a power greater than the president, why doesn't he have the trappings of that position

i.e., great wealth, ability to control high-level politicians, a vast organization working for his personal benefit & etc?

21. Dr. Righteous

The only response you could give to your dodge was another dodge. I should've seen that one coming.

22. Bluespade

Bluespade Banned

Ummm, where do you get that this cartoon addresses the next worth of the Fed Chair?

You seem to have some serious reading comprehension problems.

23. Pollycy

First, for those who don't know much about the most powerful man who deals with the economy of the United States, here's a relatively benign bio: http://news.yahoo.com/chicago-teachers-strike-talks-fail-030846765.html

Since August 2007, Ben "Bailout" Bernanke been recklessly "printing" hundreds of billions of worthless new dollars and flooding the planet with them. When foreigners couldn't buy up our debt fast enough, Bernanke started creating even more money out of thin air and using that to buy U. S. Treasurys. It's all a fraud-balloon, Jac, it's all nothing but an extravagant, irresponsible Keynesian exercise in "kicking the can down the road". A dangerous road. A road that will lead to insolvency, bankruptcy, debt repudiation, and, possibly, war. Not some little pissant "police action" of the kinds we've had so many of since WWII -- I mean a WAR, which will hit us when we are at our weakest. Bernanke has given us funding for Obama's idiotic "stimulus", as well as "Quantitative Easing I", "Quantitative Easing II", "Twist I", "Twist II", and lots of under-the-table purchases of toxic debt in both the USA and in Europe. He'll be rolling out a "Quantitative Easing III" this month... unless the Fed decides to call it something else because "we the people" are already sick to death of Bernanke and anything that even sounds like "quantitative easing"! :puke:But a turd by any other name is still, well... take a deep breath!

I cannot convince you of anything; past interactions have shown me that clearly. This is mostly for the benefit of those who don't understand that whether we have an Idiot Bush, or an Idiot Obama in the White House, it doesn't make any real difference -- as long as Central Bankers like Bernanke, Draghi, and Lagarde are running the economy of the world, the rest of us are SCREWED!

Now, please tell us all how you know what Bernanke's personal financial fortunes are? You seem to be certain that he's just another worker-bee schlub who toils along, working for wages. Ha! What a laugh! Even YOU surely know better than that....

24. dujac

dujac Well-Known Member

either you're pretending not to understand the obvious

or you don't grasp the point of why some men want to be power brokers

but, you go ahead and explain to me what you think the meaning of the cartoon is

if that were true we'd be seeing spikes in price inflation across the board, but we aren't

and of course, the federal doesn't print any dollars, not one

25. Bluespade

Bluespade Banned

Umm, it's pretty simple. The driving force behind our economic, fiscal, and monetary policy is the Fed, and not Obama or any other President or political party.

I suggest you lay off your lame attacks on Ron Paul, and actually try to make some sense.