A genuine thank you to “Mohammad movie” producer Sam Basile

Discussion in 'Current Events' started by FreedomSeeker, Sep 12, 2012.

1. FreedomSeeker

FreedomSeeker Well-Known Member

Even though people don’t want to accept the TRUTH (they’ll burn embassies, kill, torture as we’re seeing in the news today) the truth needs to be told! Sam Basile is one such truth-teller. He’s shining the light of truth (there’s that word again) onto the world’s most destructive political ideology (Sharia Law, etc.).

If you don’t like the violence (I sure don’t – and there is going to likely be lots more to come), then blame the founder of that ideology, not the person telling the truth about it! Don't blame the messenger!

But this brave man has had to go into hiding because he's telling the truth. Can we set up a fund to support him in his time of need? I like that idea.

He KNEW how insane followers of this ideology are, before he ever started the film, yet he persevered. He only had a small amount of money to work with for a 2 hour film, but he tried his best. The subject of the film is the message, not how poor it's production quality is. This film will have more impact on our policies than any single slick Speilberg production has ever had.

Look in the dictionary under "courage" and you'll see a picture of Sam!

How should we best honor his brave stance for freedom of expression and the truth?

More about this hero of freedom: http://www.thenation.com/blog/16987...-filmmaker-who-sparked-riots-libya-and-egypt#

Again, blame the founder of the political ideology, not the messenger of the truth about it. Don't blame someone for pointing out an inconvenient truth, that even the president of the US completely ignores.

2. JP5

JP5 Former Moderator Past Donor

3. FreedomSeeker

OVER OUR DEAD BODIES! NO AMERICAN WILL BE PUNISHED FOR SIMPLY EXERCISING HIS FIRST AMENDMENT RIGHTS! Mohammad can ______ my ______! Sharia Law will not come to America, as long as we have any breath left in our bodies, I hereby promise you. We've drawn a "red line", at free speech. If it leads to WWIII, then so be it.

4. exotix

exotix New Member Past Donor

I'm not sure I understand ... Pastor Terry Jones is out there in public waiting to take a bullet for right-wing christian fanaticism for getting 11 people killed and 82 wounded ... how is Jew Sam Basile brave for having to go in into hiding for neocon-zionism for getting 4 people killed ?

5. Montoya

Montoya Banned

Stop being so overly dramatic. No one will be punished. Let them say whatever they want, what are they going to do?

6. Please Let Me Vote

Please Let Me Vote Banned

Phew

[​IMG]

the stupid, the hate of some Americans...wow

7. FreedomSeeker

I'm just trying out for the next Sam Basile cinema classic.... :)

8. fiddlerdave

fiddlerdave Well-Known Member Past Donor

Well, MILLIONS have been killed on the behalf of the Christian ideology!

Shall we blame Jesus or Jehovah for their deaths?

9. Please Let Me Vote

Please Let Me Vote Banned

I really wish these
    American hating taliban aka tea partiers would just all move somewhere else, they clearly hate America...why they insist on staying here and acting out like little children I will never know

10. Talon

Talon Well-Known Member Past Donor

Make sense, not love.

11. exotix

How you gonna do that when he's hiding ?

12. DBM aka FDS

DBM aka FDS Well-Known Member

Meanwhile, Romney has charged that Obama sympathizes with the attackers and GOP boss @Reince tweets much the same, sparking outrage—but expect this to be a GOP and wingnut talking point for the next fifty-five days. For now, other GOP leaders have simply condemned the attacks but not Obama, but that’s coming and will be talk radio and TV focus today.

As for Romney’s statements, even Mr. Inside, Mark Halperin hammers him: “Unless the Romney campaign has gamed this crisis out in some manner completely invisible to the Gang of 500, his doubling down on criticism of the President for the statement coming out of Cairo is likely to be seen as one of the most craven and ill-advised tactical moves in this entire campaign.”

Romney is an idiot...

13. Iolo

Iolo Well-Known Member Past Donor

A genuine thank you to “Mohammad movie” producer Sam Basile -

You have probably moved the distrust and hatred of the US in the rest of the world even nearer to 100%. What about an obscene film mocking the Crucifixion now? Long live free speech for dual-citizenship nazis making evil provocations!

14. Talon

Talon Well-Known Member Past Donor

I'm curious, where might I might find Jesus promoting violence and establishing a war doctrine in the Gospels?

15. DBM aka FDS

Yikes...

I don't know about this one... It is good that the video is out there, but at the price of lives that had nothing to with the film? Do you think the families of those who died or are injured would call him a “hero” when he stated “he knew” that there would be violence and put the movie out anyway?

I like your enthusiasm, but I think it’s misplaced…

16. Cloak

Cloak New Member

I'm all for this guy's freedom to make whatever movie he wants, but he is a coward. STAND by your film, don't go into hiding if this is what you believe in.

17. Iron River

Iron River Well-Known Member

The idea that we have to accept muslims killing innocent people because they claim to be offended is about as crazy as it gets.

Why not blame the killers instead of bowing the Sharia that says that if you are offended you can kill innocent people, your wife, your daughters and even your small children.

I could go with Sharia for a month or two and kill a few million islamo dogs if that is what they want.

How old are you? Have you never seen the many films mocking christians? Bottles of urine with images of Jesus in them? The primary point of islam is about mocking jews and christians.

18. FreedomSeeker

I admire your (short-term) compassion. But long-term, people NEED to know that Mohammad was the way he was so that people can see that he's not really divine (god picks a pedophile and torturer and slaver owner to be the greatest role model of ALL TIME for us?) and leave Islam. No Islam, no Jihad; no Jihad, no more War on Terror. That's LONG-term compassion for humanity. I do love Muslims, though.

19. Pred

Pred Well-Known Member

When was the last time christians or Jews killed anyone in the name of god or because someone insulted them? You'll be searching for a while. Trying to put Islam on the same level is sort of, well....naive. The religion is violent. It doesn't matter how many are peaceful when millions are screaming for the destruction of the west.

20. DBM aka FDS

I have to disagree with you. If that was the mission, he could have done something far less "in your face" and those people would have been alive. He got people killed and went into hiding... He knew it was going to be horrific. So, instead of him being the brunt for what he did - he doesn't tell anyone so they can be alert to a threat since they won't find him and hides...

Not responsible... He could have put out pamphlets... Worked with churches around the world to get a message out and nobody would have died... as I stated, what do you think the families of those people dead think?

21. exotix

That's about what *severly sick conservative* Romney was saying.

22. Stuart Wolfe

Stuart Wolfe Well-Known Member Past Donor

Iron, you beat me to it. Apparently, Iolo has never heard of the ... huh, can't link it; the name can't get past the profanity filter. Nevertheless, what he said was true; someone won awards for taking a plastic crucifix and placing it in a bottle of his own urine.

[​IMG]

23. CKW

CKW Well-Known Member

But--we are punished and intimidated. Remember that Paster (can't remember his name) that wanted to burn a Koran? Our frightful government, police and even military did what they could to intimidate this man--from blaming him for deaths (instead of the killers), to giving him a bill for 100,000 for the "protection" he would need from the state.

I think its the civilians of this nation that will be fighting against the tyranny. Our soldiers are run by people who aren't striving to keep us free.

24. Not The Guardian

Not The Guardian Well-Known Member

The man, whomever he might be, has the blood of four Americans on his hands. Death by firing squad!

25. Serfin' USA

Serfin' USA Well-Known Member

The filmmaker doesn't deserve praise, but he doesn't deserve punishment either.

It's just the nature of freedom of speech. Certain Muslims need to get used to it, and certain Westerners need to be reminded of it.