Holy Bible condemns homosexuality? YES!

Discussion in 'Religion & Philosophy' started by 4Horsemen, Oct 8, 2012.

1. 4Horsemen

4Horsemen Banned

21 Because that, when they knew God, they glorified him not as God, neither were thankful; but became vain in their imaginations, and their foolish heart was darkened.

22 Professing themselves to be wise, they became fools,

23 And changed the glory of the uncorruptible God into an image made like to corruptible man, and to birds, and fourfooted beasts, and creeping things.

24 Wherefore God also gave them up to uncleanness through the lusts of their own hearts, to dishonour their own bodies between themselves:

25 Who changed the truth of God into a lie, and worshipped and served the creature more than the Creator, who is blessed for ever. Amen.

26 For this cause God gave them up unto vile affections: for even their women did change the natural use into that which is against nature:

27 And likewise also the men, leaving the natural use of the woman, burned in their lust one toward another; men with men working that which is unseemly, and receiving in themselves that recompence of their error which was meet.

28 Furthermore, since they did not think it worthwhile to retain the knowledge of God, he gave them over to a depraved mind, to do what ought not to be done.

29 They have become filled with every kind of wickedness, evil, greed and depravity. They are full of envy, murder, strife, deceit and malice. They are gossips,

30 slanderers, God-haters, insolent, arrogant and boastful; they invent ways of doing evil; they disobey their parents;

31 they are senseless, faithless, heartless, ruthless. 32 Although they know God's righteous decree that those who do such things deserve death, they not only continue to do these very things but also approve of those who practice them.

2. Bishadi

Bishadi Banned

is that from the 'word of god'?

So no problem still with women, right?

ie.... "girls gone mad"

the bible is ok with that?

3. Questerr

Questerr Banned

Where does the Bible say that the government should infringe upon the rights and freedoms of gays?

4. HonestJoe

HonestJoe Well-Known Member Past Donor

Is there a point to this thread? The Bible condemns loads of different things. What do you want to do about it though?

5. raytri

raytri Well-Known Member

Why is it that people who try to use the Bible to justify anti-gay bigotry never quote the entire section containing the anti-gay verses?

Because those verses invariably are included in lists of "shalt nots" that include all sorts of bizarre stuff, like "never sow two kinds of grain in a field" and "never mix two kinds of fiber in a garment" and "only beat your slave once a week." Which just goes to show that (thankfully) human society has progressed from where it was when a small tribal society gained influence in the Middle East 4000 years ago.

To the OP, please explain why we should take the anti-gay passages seriously, while ignoring the others.

6. 4Horsemen

4Horsemen Banned

Read it again. It's calling out lesbians too..

7. 4Horsemen

4Horsemen Banned

I quoted as much as was valid to this discussion. If you want more, just thumb through the Bible. Lots of chapters/verses condemn immoral activity

8. 4Horsemen

4Horsemen Banned

The point is, Gays claim that Gods loves them regardless of how they live, when that's a lie. and the verses prove that.

And I don't want to nor care to do anything about it, except bear witness to the truth and denounce the lies.

Far too long people who live this way try to claim "we are all God's children", which is just a play on words. because yes, we ARE all God's children BUT all God's children don't follow or listen to God's commands. but they love to say "God loves me" and in turn blasphemy God's word to appease their lifestyle when deep down they know he's against it.

don't hate the messager

9. 4Horsemen

4Horsemen Banned

That's the good part, it's doesn't, it just points out the judgement of death for that choose to live this way.

God skips past all the particulars of mankind's madness that allows his laws to trump God's Law. He knows mankind is a fool.

10. Questerr

Questerr Banned

Then can I assume that you support making gay marriage legal?

11. AKR

AKR New Member

What's a messager? And so you're saying that god is not love? God is hate and god hates gay people? Funny, I could have sworn that Jesus rebuked people like you.

On the other hand, god also says he hates liars, so I'm guessing you've told a few, so are you willing to accept that he hates you as well? Everyone is a sinner, so who are you to say that those sins are worse than your sins? Who's to say that you can keep on sinning every day, but they can't? Hypocrite.

Really, I think both groups are just cherry picking crap out of a worthless book to justify their religious beliefs.

12. HonestJoe

HonestJoe Well-Known Member Past Donor

While all that kind of stuff is somewhat open to interpretation, I don't see anything in your quote stating that God didn't love those people. If God doesn't love sinners, wouldn't the traditional Christian interpretation be that God doesn't love anyone?

I'm not expressing hatred towards anyone, even if they don't do what I tell them to or deny I exist. :p

13. Not The Guardian

Not The Guardian Well-Known Member

It's also against adultery and divorce.

And hate.

14. 4Horsemen

4Horsemen Banned

^This came from Romans 1 :21-32. btw

I didn't realize it wasn't in the OP.

15. 4Horsemen

4Horsemen Banned

God hates. and yes on adultery but not sure about divorce. you happen to have a scripture handy?

16. 4Horsemen

4Horsemen Banned

It's written in plain english. any 10 year old should be able to read it with understanding.

17. 4Horsemen

4Horsemen Banned

I ain't saying it, the Bible is. So it is what it is. and you don't know Jesus. they killed him for denouncing such things because they wanted to continue doing them. so um yeah, read up on Jesus again , he was a rebel against nonsense in the world.

Ever heard of Sodom and Gommorah...yeah God hates...

I lied a couple times...AS A KID....but as a grown man I have no need to. also, He who repents of his sin is forgiven. Hypocrite.

You hate the Bible all day but it is what it is.

18. MAYTAG

MAYTAG Active Member

4horseman, I can't help but notice that you are avoiding the point made by AKR that, according to Christian theology, everyone is a sinner and, therefore, your line of reasoning applies to everyone, and not just gays.

Address this if you can. I won't be surprised if you continue to avoid the issue. It is destructive to your way of thinking.

19. Neutral

Neutral New Member Past Donor

It doesn't mean that we excuse sin does it? It doesn't mean that we, acknowledging that we sin, simply decide that we will continue sinning does it?

The reason its probably avoided is because its not relevant to the point.

The point is that homosexuality is a sin. As is adultry. Etc. We don;t tell someone, "Sorry, you were just born to be a liar, so its all good ... here is a tax break for you because you were born that way. Now, go ahead and continue lying." Such a concept is absurd.

20. MAYTAG

MAYTAG Active Member

You guys don't start threads about lying being a sin. Just gay stuff. Very queer behavior, in my opinion, since there are so many sins, yet only one you guys want to discuss. Very queer indeed.

21. Neutral

That's because no one is attempting to make lying acceptable. People are demanding that we not tolerate, but actively advocate homosexuality.

Very odd that you would not pick up on that little difference.

But yes, if atheists galore starting telling the world that they were simply born to be liars, that they desevered a government hand out because of their status as victims who lied all the time, which they could not help, and were descriminated against, yes, we would start threads about how lying was a choice, and how it was wrong, and certainly not the equivalent in action or result as being honest.

Funny that you have no problem with atheists starting thread about how homosexuality SHOULD be, not just tolerated, but advocated and supported with government funding and acknowledgement? Odd.

22. MAYTAG

MAYTAG Active Member

Actually, I am in another thread telling the gays to stop whining about civil rights just because they don't qualify for a certain tax break.

Whatever special status you give to gay sex as a sin is completely nonbiblical, as I am sure you know, God does not rank sins. A lying man might just as well poke his weiner into another man's butt as far as God is concerned. All sins result in eternal punishment, not only the ones for which there is a movement to justify them, as in your absurd criteria for distinction. God does not distinguish in that manner.

The gays are wrong to say their rights are under threat because they do not qualify for a tax break and you are wrong to act as though gay sex is the only sin worth mentioning. Common misinterpretations of two complex pieces of reading material: the U.S. tax code, and the Holy Bible.

23. Neutral

Except that all sins are not equal.

the taking of inncoent life and denyiong God after knowing him are the worst. Homosexuality? I doubt it is any worse than any of the other sins listed in deuteronomy, including adultry, beastiality, etc. The point though?

If you are caught commited adultry or sleeping with animals, you are excommunicated. If the government attempted to say that adulterers, simply because its common, should be treated the same as legally married people, religious people would have a big problem with that. Indeed, people who are not religious would have a big problem with that.

Not all choices are equal.

24. raytri

raytri Well-Known Member

So you don't have God condemning gays; you have Paul condemning gays.

Show me the parts where God says gays are bad.

25. Neutral

Shwo me the part where he says its good and should be accepted. As you apparently know better what God wants then one of the Apostles.