House Committee Conducts Hearings on Benghazi Security Failure

Discussion in 'Current Events' started by Talon, Oct 10, 2012.

1. Talon

Talon Well-Known Member Past Donor

Today, the House Oversight and Government Reform Committee begins hearings on the security failure in Benghazi that contributed to the deaths of 4 American diplomatic personnel on September 11th.

Prior to today's hearings, reports of prior attacks on the consulate in Benghazi and denials of additional security requests were made public. Last night, counter to the tall tales that the Obama administration has been spinning, State Department personnel admitted that there was no protest against the anti-Islamic film Innocence of Muslims taking place outside the consulate before the coordinated assault by heavily armed militiamen on the compound.

The more we find out about this debacle, the worse it gets for the administration, and I don't think we've gotten anywhere near the bottom of this yet. From The Examiner:

This will come up at the ballot box, too. No wonder Team Obama is playing "Look at Big Bird!" right now...

2. BestViewedWithCable

BestViewedWithCable Well-Known Member

Our ambassador slipped on a banana peal at a movie protest.

Its all an accident, move along, nothing to see here...

Al Queda just wants to give all yall free candy and gum drop smiles....

3. Giftedone

Giftedone Well-Known Member Past Donor

Only an idiot would think that the person that happened to be sitting in the presidential office would have made a difference in relation to preventing Banghazi.

Mind you .. the raging masses are stupid so this may make a difference in the election.

The Bush admin knew about the 911 plan prior to it happening and Bush still got a 2cnd term .. we will have to wait and see.

4. Talon

5. AceFrehley

AceFrehley New Member

I get a kick out of liberals who babble about Obama's foreign policy credentials. In addition to the Benghazi Bungle, Obama supported the overthrow of an ally in Egypt. That country is now in the hands of savages. He's already played his Osama bin Laden card so much, no one cares anymore. In Afghanistan, we have Afghani police and military attacking and killing our military members, even as they are reaching out to help or even while having dinner. And Obama's response? NADA.

Liberals who think Obama is going to trounce Romney are sorely mistaken.

6. DonGlock26

DonGlock26 New Member Past Donor

The mid-level bureaucrats will talk. They will not fall on their swords for the One.

7. Talon

I'm sure that is what the president's supporters would have people believe.

However, the idiot sitting in the presidential office was personally responsible for the decision to involve the United States in the Libyan uprising that overthrew the Gaddafi regime and destabilized the country. One might presume that this president, fully aware of the violently chaotic security situation that he helped create, would have made sure that our diplomatic personnel were provided the security necessary to prevent what happened in Benghazi on September 11th. Evidently, the president had more important things on his mind (what that would be is anybody's guess).

:roll:

Because holding the administration accountable for the security failure that contributed to the deaths of 4 Americans is "stupid". Maybe the raging Obamunists insulting the American people's intelligence should redirect their anger at the fools responsible for this debacle instead of the people who want them held accountable for their actions.

8. Talon

Why should they sacrifice their good names, careers and livelihoods to cover the Obama administration's ass? These State Department lifers know full well that Obama and his political appointees may be headed out the door in the next couple months and they want to keep their jobs.

The Alinskyites in Washington and Chicago have got a fine mess on their hands, and you can bet that they'll do their best to prevent accountability reaching the administration just weeks before the election...

9. Giftedone

ROFL .. do you think there was "zero" security at the Benghazi embassy ? There is little chance that security at any US embassy could resist such a heavily armed foe.

Right .. like there are not numerous security failures throughout the world on a regular basis throughout every administration.

People die on our heavily armed and heavily secured bases in Afghanistan .. duuuoooppph

It is a dangerous world dude .. wake up and smell the manure.

10. AceFrehley

AceFrehley New Member

Yeah, you're right. All those pleas they made for more security in Benghazi. No other president would have agreed that security was an issue for a United States embassy in a country filled with radical Muslims- certainly not a president who was under the delusion that Muslim hostilities would begin to ease the day he was inaugurated.

11. AceFrehley

AceFrehley New Member

Reduced to lying. You've already lost the debate with such a desperate tactic.

12. Professor Peabody

Professor Peabody Well-Known Member Past Donor

The American people deserve to know exactly what happened, why and who is responsible.

13. Talon

Nice strawman.

Where did I say there was "zero" security?

I don't recall anyone ever claiming there was "zero" security at the consulate in Benghazi. What everyone knows is that there was insufficient security at the consulate, and I believe that was the term used by one of the people who will be testifying before the committee today.

The one in Baghdad has held up pretty well. I don't recall any of our ambassadors getting killed there.

I'm not the one who needs to be told that Benghazi is a dangerous place, dude, and it's a little late for the administration to wake up and smell that manure, isn't it?

14. Dispondent

Dispondent Well-Known Member Past Donor

According to an article at CNN:

Democratic staff allege that Oversight Chairman Darrell Issa and his staff have failed to consult them, refused to make witness available to Democratic staff and withheld documents.

http://security.blogs.cnn.com/2012/...ht-more-security-for-benghazi-post/?hpt=hp_t1

If this is just a hearing what sort of access do Democrats need? Granted its hard to threaten people without access, but I really don't see why they would need it for anything else. The full article is pretty interesting, the interview video is interesting as well. Looks like this one just one disappear, especially with a the debates moving to foreign policy. My guess is Deputy Assistant Secretary Charlene Lamb sees the bottom of the bus really soon...

15. darckriver

darckriver New Member Past Donor

The whole matter was merely a protest of that asinine movie? That was (still is?) the Democrats' position. I'm not sure that position squares well with reality, as usual. After all, the embassy invaders were crying out, "Take a picture Obama - we're ALL Osama!", as they scaled the embassy barriers. That, my fellow detectives, is a rather blatant clue that just maybe their motives for the invasion had a more to do with Obama's targeted assassination of Bin Laden than that convenient but embarrassingly stupid scapegoat/straw-man, THE MOVIE.

If the embassy invaders had been politically astute, they would've put the Osama assassination thing on the back burner and yelled out something more conducive to their objectives. Something like, "We're full of hate for the US because of that movie that greatly offended us - long live Barack Obama!". That would've at least helped in the cause of shielding the Democrats from being shown once again to be blowing smoke out of their half-asses - i.e. deceiving the public.

A workable algorithm for discerning political truth in 2012 USA: if it's an official Democrat position, the opposite will usually turn out to be the case.

16. Radio Refugee

Radio Refugee New Member

Only an idiot would think that the person that happened to be sitting in the presidential office would have made a difference in relation to the economy.

Only an idiot would think that the person that happened to be sitting in the presidential office would have made a difference in relation to the debt.

Only an idiot would think that the person that happened to be sitting in the presidential office would have made a difference in relation to our stature in the world.

See what I did there?

17. Talon

Evidently, some of Obama's fanboys don't think the American people deserve to know, Professor, much less hold any parties responsible for the astonishing vulnerability of the consulate and its personnel accountable for their actions.

Too bad for them.

As for the yarns that the Obama administration has been spinning, well, that's another can of worms that I'm sure a lot of people would prefer to remain unopened. That's a less important, yet equally interesting, matter that I'm sure will get investigated, as well...

18. Giftedone

What "pleas" .. if you have some evidence to present than do so.

Then make the case for why these "pleas" should be put before the hundreds of other "pleas" that come across the desk of a President on a daily basis.

19. Eighty Deuce

Eighty Deuce New Member Past Donor

"Look, a squirrel !"

"Errrr No ! Look, Big Bird !"

"No Mr. President. That singing is not a bird. Its a couple of our folks over at State. This is not good"

20. Dispondent

Dispondent Well-Known Member Past Donor

http://security.blogs.cnn.com/2012/1...ost/?hpt=hp_t1

21. Giftedone

What a bunch of weak answers. Are you suggesting that the Baghdad embassy would withstand a heavily armed and highly coordinated attack ?

If this is the best you can come up with then you obviously have not put much thought into your partisan rant.

22. Giftedone

23. Eighty Deuce

Eighty Deuce New Member Past Donor

How frikkin stupid. The point is that our State Department ignored the elevating risk. Ignored the requests of the Ambassador. Did not do their their job.

And if that is all you got, perhaps best you just ****.

24. Talon

Nice find, D.

I would imagine that the Democrats will have all the access they need at the hearings (only 20 minutes away), and Charlene Lamb looks like she belongs under the bus. From your article:

"Artificially low"? I can't wait to hear the explanation for that and how the safe haven that was anything but safe qualified as adequate security.

HELLO!! Anybody home?!

25. keymanjim

keymanjim New Member Past Donor

Well, if we learned one thing from clinton, doing nothing just doesn't seem to be very effective.