Benghazi US Embassy and Gun Running?

Discussion in 'Current Events' started by RPA1, Oct 19, 2012.

1. RPA1

RPA1 Well-Known Member Past Donor

Ambassador Stevens was directly involved in arming the rebels, reported Egyptian security officials speaking to WND. Those officials claimed Stevens played a central role in recruiting jihadists to fight Bashar al-Assad’s regime in Syria.

The officials further claimed Stevens served as a key contact with the Saudis to coordinate the recruitment by Saudi Arabia of Islamic fighters from North Africa and Libya. The jihadists were sent to Syria via Turkey to attack Assad’s forces, said the security officials.

Anyone hear anything else about this?

http://pushbacknow.net/2012/10/19/d...tion-arm-libyan-rebels-who-killed-ambassador/

2. Radio Refugee

Radio Refugee New Member

Yup. There are rumors that Stevens was a closeted gay. How does that figure? I dunno.

On topic, there's never been a doubt in my mind that weapons trafficking would figure into this somehow. The US seems likely to have armed AQ sympathetic jihadis. They're covering up something more than policy fail and cover for the Osama's dead meme. That is certain.

3. Margot

Margot Account closed, not banned

I wouldn't believe anything reported by World Net Daily.

4. Margot

Excerpt:

But there's growing evidence that U.S. agents—particularly murdered ambassador Chris Stevens—were at least aware of heavy weapons moving from Libya to jihadist Syrian rebels.

In March 2011 Stevens became the official U.S. liaison to the al-Qaeda-linked Libyan opposition, working directly with Abdelhakim Belhadj of the Libyan Islamic Fighting Group—a group that has now disbanded, with some fighters reportedly participating in the attack that took Stevens' life.

Read more: http://www.businessinsider.com/us-syria-heavy-weapons-jihadists-2012-10#ixzz29nHL1uQy

5. Margot

http://frontpagemag.com/2012/dgreen...t-islamist-violence-in-final-interview-video/

The debate over whether Obama called Benghazi a terrorist attack is almost besides the point. Benghazi wasn’t a terrorist attack, it was a military assault by the Islamist militias who are overrunning the region in the wake of the Arab Spring.

The Benghazi attack and the rest of the Salafist wave of violence around September 11, 2012 is to Obama as the initial wave of bombings in Iraq were to Bush. The attacks kill the success image and showcase the instability.

Obama and his media cronies chose to cover that up by blaming Freedom of Speech because the dangerous secret that they were carrying around was that his Middle Eastern foreign policy had created a degree of violent instability far beyond anything that the invasion of Iraq had done.

Claire Lopez has suggested that Stevens was targeted over the Libyan Islamist terror pipeline into Syria. Others have called it a retaliation for the death of Abu Yahya al-Libi. But the larger story is that on September 11, 2012, Al Qaeda and their Islamist allies staged a show of force across the region. The Mohammed video was a convenient excuse for the Salafists and for Obama, but the real story is that most of North Africa is now Iraq.

6. RPA1

This is the type of thing that can happen when one tries to lead from behind...If you're going to arm rebels, you had better make (*)(*)(*)(*)-sure where those weapons are. Didn't they learn from "fast and furious?"

7. Margot

I have been reading several different reports on this.. They contradict each other and frankly, don't make a lot of sense.

8. Naruto

Naruto Well-Known Member

What would be ironic would be if the Ambassador was killed by weapons the US had given to the rebels.

9. montra

montra New Member

He who lives by the sword dies by the sword.

How the US can continually meddle in all of these countries without reprocussions like this is beyond my comprehension. Obama had no business going in period. Now it may cost him an election.

10. montra

montra New Member

Maybe they thought Stevens was an "abomination".

11. Margot

The man who knew too much.
    Excerpt:

Ali Tarhouni served as Libya’s interim prime minister after playing a key role in marshaling international support and funding for the revolution that overthrew Moammar Gadhafi last year.

But he says he refused to run for prime minister in the recent election because he doubted the new leaders wanted to swallow the tough security medicine that he was prescribing in order to confront and rein in the militants.

“When I outlined what I wanted to do, the National Transitional Council at the time said that that's too tough of a medicine.”

Libya challenges International Criminal Court's order to hand over Saif Gadhafi

He not only wanted to speed up the process of building the national army and border control, but also wanted to increase the internal security.

Tarhouni says he also wanted to take on the revolutionary groups that are still roaming around Libya.

“A lot of these revolutionaries are good. They are the ones who actually liberated the country.” But, he says, these post-revolutionary groups aren’t under anybody’s control and are getting involved in smuggling.

“We're still in a transition period. And the country's armed to the teeth. We don't have border guards. So in this setup, what you call a government is still a very weak structure.”

Tarhouni says the government must do deeper investigation into the death of his friend, Ambassador Stevens.

“He was a friend of this country. He really believed in this revolution. And I believe that we owe it to him. We owe it to the United States to investigate and find who committed this murder.”

He says he’s not sure the government is doing enough, in part, because the country is still in flux. Tarhouni says there’s no national army and the internal security apparatus still has hazards.

http://amanpour.blogs.cnn.com/2012/10/18/the-libyan-who-knew-too-much/

12. montra

montra New Member

Control them once they are armed? LOL.

I'm sure they tried, but their arrogance defies logic.

13. Yosh Shmenge

Yosh Shmenge New Member

That's your loss.

14. montra

montra New Member

It's called divorcing yourself from contrary points of view. It makes the world seem so much more black and white.

15. fiddlerdave

fiddlerdave Well-Known Member Past Donor

The World Nut Daily speaks! How can we NOT believe!?

Are we sure there weren't some ALIENS FROM MARS in on the dark scheme, too?

PS. The "PBN" site referred to can;t even put in a link to the World Nut Daily! :lol:

And the Righties consider something like this to be "information". :roll:

16. montra

montra New Member

I'm with you. Unless John Stewart says its true I'm not believing a word of it.

17. Margot

Do you want commentary or facts?

Why not just read DEBKA File or Press TV.

I have posted two links to totally contrary information. Don't bother to read... just chirp.

18. Margot

Referencing WMD............

19. btock

btock Newly Registered

Stevens was gay. That's why he was sodomized by those animals.
    Some believe O has some ties to the Gay comunity. I don't really care about anyone's sexuality but if it's true, he should own up to it and not be a hypocrite.
    It'll be interesting to see if this is true, but we won't know for years.....
    http://www.wnd.com/2012/09/claim-obama-hid-gay-life-to-become-president/

20. RPA1

We know there is a well funded, highly mobile, organized contingent of radical Muslims bent on domination of the ME and indeed the destruction of the 'great Satan' the U.S. We (U.S.) would be remiss in our duty to protect ourselves if we were NOT in the ME trying to effect their demise. Don't forget that left to their own devices, they were able to murder 3,000 innocent souls on 9/11.

Moreover, right now, (thanks to Obama's failed energy policy) we are dependent on their oil to provide the energy needed to fuel our way of life and, add to that, crazies like Ahmadinejad would surely complete their efforts to build and deliver a NUKE. It's not like we can withdraw from the world and pull into our 'shell' like a turtle.

Today technology has made the world a much 'smaller' place. What happens 'over there' will most certainly come here. We can't just pull out of the ME however, what we DO need is a President with more than a 'lead from behind' strategy.

21. RPA1

No...WND...which is why I asked if anyone had heard anything else about this. So far no replies to that question. As far as I am concerned the 'jury is out' with regard to the Ambassador being involved in gun running but more and more is coming out that he seemed to know what was going to happen and that he was involved in supporting Syrian rebels as a policy of our Sec. of State and ultimately our President.

22. Indymom

Indymom Well-Known Member

No, when a Presidental Administration pushes their political agenda over finding truth and justice for the death of our Ambassador, and people violently riot all over the Middle East because of their made up excuses and apologies, and then lie to the American People about it...That's never beside the point...or even close. Now had you said, "on a side note..." then I wouldn't have even brought it up.

23. montra

montra New Member

Although nothing has been proven, it seems consistant with how this government operates, just like Iran Contra.

If it is true, then both parties probably have their collective hands in the cookie jar. This insures that no one will come forward, since both parties are probably in on this and there would be no one to back a whistle blower. It's the "anything but Asad" mentality that pervades both parties.

It also seemed odd to me that Obama and the IRS came out and admitted the IRS scandal. Why? Could it be an attempt to deflect attention from Bengazi?

24. Surfer Joe

Surfer Joe Well-Known Member Past Donor

I've been saying this since day 1.
    The embassy in Libya was/is a CIA spy nest, involved in its usual Middle East intrigues, playing power politics like every other powerful nation has done throughout history.
    The US has been up to its neck in this sort of (*)(*)(*)(*) non-stop since Ike and the Dulles brothers used the CIA to overthrow Arbenz in the 50s. And that's just since ww2.
    That's why they are not going to get anywhere with this.
    The cons are dishonest hypocrites for making a mountain out of a molehill and anyone with a brain knows what was really going on.
    It's the price we pay for protecting our hegemonic interests, and it's not going to change.

25. Ctrl

Ctrl Well-Known Member Past Donor

Where there is smoke, there is fire. When there is a cover-up, there is something under cover.
    This is what is under the covers. We illegally armed the rebels... we allowed the spread of AQ throughout the AP under Ansar al-Sharia. We armed terrorists, and adding the 50 year cache of weapons from Ghadaffi, the terrorists are in greater number, and better armed, than ever feared. This is what happens when you try and control wars and regime changes via remote control. Oh... and he had chemical weapons...
    http://www.nti.org/gsn/article/libya-sets-schedule-for-completing-chemical-weapons-disposal/
    http://www.reuters.com/article/2013/03/19/libya-weapons-chemical-idUSL6N0CBG2T20130319

And of course there were depots everywhere just left unguarded. And now chemical weapons are being used in Syria. WE say it is Assad...
    However the UN says otherwise...
    We BOUGHT 5000 manpads from Ghadaffi's cache of SA-7s and the much more advanced sa-24s and shipped them to Turkey to be distributed to Syrian rebels.
    http://sana.sy/eng/22/2012/09/14/441552.htm
    http://www.thesundaytimes.co.uk/sto/news/uk_news/National/article1173125.ece

And... here is a fresh photo of a Syrian "rebel" with a shiny new SA-24. (This one can shoot down a jet up to 11,000 feet. Commercial airliners have literally no defense against either.)

[​IMG]

Here is what the little cousin SA-7s look like in use.

[​IMG]

In Afghanistan, 20 years ago, we bought the (*)(*)(*)(*)ty little SA-7s from them at $70,000 per missile. Our approach now seems to be find them and smash them with hammers. That is what Doherty did.

This is so ugly. We need investigations NOW on all this to prevent the plan from happening in Syria. We have done this... with a drone war not approved by congress, arming terrorists, and overthrowing regimes. We are about to do it again... only this time... the stakes are higher.

Sarin, Tabun, VX, and mustard gas... anthrax, plague, tularemia, botulinium, smallpox, aflotoxin, cholera, ricin and camelpox
    That we know of.

There is no winning for Obama if it is the rebels using WMDs... either we put them in the hands of the terrorists in Libya... or they are GWB's missing weapons.

So HE says... Assad is using chems. Assad, and the UN, say that terrorist rebels did. In fact... Assad has ALWAYS maintained that there were terrorists at the heart of this rebellion... and that they were using chems.

I remember it was a government facility... and we said he must have just "missed".