Armed Forces Overwhelmingly Support Obama

Discussion in 'Political Opinions & Beliefs' started by Not The Guardian, Oct 23, 2012.

1. Not The Guardian

Not The Guardian Well-Known Member

I believe I tried to explain this to some of the nincompoops on here before. After Romney's dismal performance last night, I'm glad.

Now it's been proven the rank and file military and civil service support the President.

Naturally, Romney's disdain for the military is understandable. He did elect missionary work over military service at the urging of his church, and most members of the military are part of the 47% Romney has shown no respect for.

[video=youtube;YQKmGYggADM]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YQKmGYggADM&feature=player_embedded[/video]

2. Max Frost

Max Frost New Member

That is interesting to hear.

3. Not The Guardian

Only for those who can handle the truth. You see there's no comments from the right on this. They've got their collective blinders on. :)

4. Blackrook

Blackrook Banned

Why is Obama filing a lawsuit against allowing Ohio military voters extra time to send in their absentee ballots? Is it because he is so assured of their support?

5. Max Frost

Max Frost New Member

Personally I always thought the military should be supporting him so don't find it surprising. He has actually passed measures to help the enlisted while in and when they leave.

6. Blackrook

Blackrook Banned

The rank-and-file military can't afford to make $200 donations, and I notice that your number excludes all donations that are less than $200.

So who are the rank-and-file giving their $5, $10, $20 to?

Please provide that number before drawing unsupported conclusions.

And also, what are the poll numbers as to how military people plan to vote?

You didn't mention that either.

7. Sadanie

Sadanie Well-Known Member Past Donor

Why don't you provide a link. . .I'm sure this may clarify the issue, and may explain the REAL intent!

8. philipkdick

philipkdick New Member

9. Not The Guardian

Because he isn't?

Because there isn't one?

10. OverDrive

OverDrive Well-Known Member Past Donor

Obama goes to military bases as the C-I-C and gives underhanded campaign speeches; whereas Romney cant per:

"Candidates for office have long been prohibited from engaging in political activities at U.S. military installations or using U.S. military personnel in their political appearances. Presidential campaign staffs generally are very familiar with these military rules."

And if the military is so pro-Obama, why are the Dems trying to squelch early voting in several places giving special attention to those in the military?!

The only reason Obama carried much of the military in 2008 was because of the large number of Blacks in the Army & Marines......no other reason.

11. philipkdick

philipkdick New Member

Who do you think is in the Army and Marine Corps now?

12. OverDrive

That is the only reason that he will get the number greater than the usual military vote for Dems, as Republicans 'used to get' around 70%....Obama's blackness has worn off for some soldiers and I dont believe that behind the scenes talk among the military will give him a majority this time...the ole "fool me once shame on you: fool me twice shame on me."

13. Troianii

Troianii Well-Known Member Past Donor

This isn't a legitimate method. The OP quoted a source, showing Obama recieved $500,000 in donations from the military. We have 1,500,000 active personnel, so the active duty servicemember has given the President a quarter, and Romney a dime and a nickel. Still not even a tenth of the average across the nation.

And there really is nothing of substance to this. NCO's, officers, and careerists overwhelmingly support the GOP, because we (now they) know how Presidents affect the military. Can you name me any reason, beyond demographics, that the military would support this President?

14. Not The Guardian

huh. That didn't stop McCain in 2008, did it? And when did Obama give an "underhanded" campaign speech on a military base?

Because they're not?

Wow. Racist much?

15. OverDrive

An 'underhanded campaign speech' is just showing up during campaigning and stroking the troops, where Romney is cut out from any on-base/on-post visibility.

McCain got a some grace since he was ex-military, retired, a POW, etc. But he was called out & harassed for doing so by the Dems...

YOU putting a 'flamebait racial tone' on a 'fact' makes thou the racist! It is a well established 'fact' that most Blacks voted for Obama the 1st time because of his skin color.

Might want to go change your dirty underwear...

16. Not The Guardian

Because he didn't?

Is it not a legitimate method because you don't agree with it?

As far as numbers go, over half of the military is under the age of 26 (Source, so when you factor in those older than that and/or not officers or careerists(?), that number can grow significantly.

You cannot sit here and say every single officer (many of whom are under 26) will vote for Romney. You cannot sit here and say every single NCO (many of whom are under 26) will vote for Romney. So that leaves you with the "careerists".

To which I say: I was career mililtary. And voted Democrat.

So try again...

17. Max Frost

Max Frost New Member

Blacks vote democratic traditionally. Bill Clinton got over 90% as gore did and Kerry as well.

18. Stagnant

Stagnant Banned

He isn't, and they aren't.

http://www.politifact.com/ohio/stat...omney-says-lawsuit-filed-president-obamas-ca/

What happened was that Obama requested that everyone get the same privileges as the military voters. Not that the military voters be infringed upon in any way, merely that others get the same privileges. You know, the way democracies usually work?

19. Not The Guardian

When did he do that?

When was McCain called out? Why can't we give Romney some grace too? After all, according to his wife and church, serving as a missionary in France is the same as serving in the military!

20. OverDrive

Just one example..Google: Obama+Military+Bases+Posts+Camps+2012

Tony Gutierrez / AP / Obama at Fort Bliss in El Paso, Texas 8/31/12

Via Daily Caller.

For one:

McCain's Double Standard on Campaign Visits to Military Bases

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/brandon-friedman/mccains-double-standard-o_b_115005.html

21. namvet

namvet New Member

what color is the guy doing the intro???

[video=youtube;xIHz5tevLAw]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xIHz5tevLAw[/video]

22. Troianii

Troianii Well-Known Member Past Donor

wtf? get stuffed, dude. It's not a legitimate method because it's based on a false premise, that $ donations=level of support. Obama's outraised Romney by millions (not to mention outspent), but Romney is still winning in polls. What does that tell you about $ donations? They don't =level of support.

If you need another example, Obama outraised McCain 3:1, yet the vote was 53-46 (that last one is from memory, so if I'm off one or two percentage points, whoopty freakin-do, the point remains unless Obama beat McCain in votes by 3:1).

Gonna ignore this, because you might as well be pointing out the color of the sky, and I did say "... beyond demographics..."

You are SO right! Good thing I never did. Oh, and not every one of the careerists will vote for Romney, either.

I said, "... overwhelmingly support..." In case you don't know wtf that phrase means, it's a lot like "most." Most NCOs, Officers, and Careerists support the GOP.

And that runs contrary to absolutely nothing which I said. Look, you seem to have misunderstood what I was saying, because you didn't actually disprove anything I said. From what you have said, it seems that you actually generally agree with what I said (that NCOs, officers, careerists) tend towards the right. If you want to argue that not EVERY SINGLE NCO, officer, and careers registers Republican, you're arguing against something that was never said.

23. PropagandaMachine

PropagandaMachine New Member

I guess he's less of a warmonger than Romney by a little bit so it makes sense.

24. Captain America

Captain America New Member

[video=youtube;KjmjqlOPd6A]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KjmjqlOPd6A[/video]

25. Captain America

Captain America New Member

Yeah, but the white man can't jump. LOL!

[video=youtube;CHezI5bZ-Sw]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CHezI5bZ-Sw[/video]