Understanding the Libya Conflict: Where did they blame it on the movie?

Discussion in 'Political Opinions & Beliefs' started by Stagnant, Oct 25, 2012.

1. Stagnant

Stagnant Banned

Hi, I'm still trying to figure out the Benghazigate conflict, and something hit me: I've heard plenty about how the Obama campaign, in particular Susan Rice, blamed it on the film "The Innocence Of Muslims", but I've never actually seen the primary sources. Yes, I know, they've probably been posted here already, but I'd appreciate it if you guys could offer the sources; preferably primary sources, and preferably transcripts of videos, and if all you have is videos, then preferably the part of the video I should watch.

Thanks in advance.

2. RiseAgainst

RiseAgainst Banned

start watching at 0:19

[video=youtube;BfiUQASpVdc]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BfiUQASpVdc[/video]

3. Stagnant

Stagnant Banned

Well that's nice, but it seems to me that he's referring to the multiple riots that happend at similar times in the arab world about the video. Maybe more context makes it more clear, I dunno.

4. RiseAgainst

RiseAgainst Banned

Maybe if for once in his life Obama would be clear we would all know. He is always asking us to let him be clear, but he has never quite been able to make it a reality. But in obamaspeak it is well undersood what he was insinuating.

5. NetworkCitizen

NetworkCitizen New Member

Stevens was appointed as the ambassador to Libya for a few months. That is freshly dysfunctional and divided Libya, est. by NATO bombs and their dictator being assassinated. Libyans showed up in the streets in impressive fashion to support the man in his last speech where he forgave Obama for being a globalist wanker. A civilian uprising did not have Gaddafi's army on their heels.

Well armed, well trained, well funded operatives did that. Look for them in a Syria near you.

Is it really a surprise that a US ambassador was killed? I seriously doubt it was all about a video. That was a convenient excuse. Youtube America had no idea about a video that somehow reached the Muslim world mainstream?

The middle east is intentionally being stirred into a hornet's nest.