"Blowback Theory" enthusiasts. What Actions did the USA commit before 9/11/01?

Discussion in 'Political Opinions & Beliefs' started by SiliconMagician, Oct 31, 2012.

1. SiliconMagician

SiliconMagician Banned

I'm curious about exactly what dastardly, evil, imperialistic thing the USA did in the years between the Cold War ending in 1990 and the 9/11/01 attacks that deserved "blowback".

Since I see "blowback" theory as nothing more than blaming the victim, please explain to me what the actions the USA engaged in that were so terrible, so evil and dastardly, that they deserved retribution from the Muslim world in the form of the 9/11 terrorist attacks.

2. Marshal

Marshal New Member Past Donor

The covert overthrow of the Iranian government and placement of the Shah, and the covert overthrow and reorganization of the Saudi Arabian leadership which resulted in the exile and aggression of the Bin Laden family.

3. SiliconMagician

SiliconMagician Banned

LMAO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

First off.. Mossadegh was during the Cold War and doesn't count. I specifically stated in the OP. What actions did the USA take BETWEEN the ending of the Cold War and 9/11/01. Any actions taken during the Cold War are completely justified by the need to crush the Soviet Union out of existence.

Supporting King Saud is not a legitimate reason either for Muslim anger.

4. Panzerkampfwagen

Panzerkampfwagen New Member

Is that how everyone else saw it?

Oh, you killed my family but I forgive you because it was against communism.

5. SiliconMagician

SiliconMagician Banned

What muslim families did we mercilessly slaughter during the Cold War? I sure don't remember any invasion of middle east countries.

Don't sit there and try and bull (*)(*)(*)(*) me and tell me that the USA's problems today are the result of 50-60 year old grudges. That is ultimate BS.

6. Panzerkampfwagen

I guess you've never heard of the Balkans. They kill each other over things that happened centuries ago.

7. Panzerkampfwagen

Plus congrats on justifying the actions of Nazi Germany.

8. Marshal

No, no... LMAO!!! From me! You cannot put a time restriction on reality. Before Jesus or after Jesus, it don't matter. Cause and Effect is what you ASKED for.

You crushed nothing! The greatest country in the world is... You guessed it. COMMUNIST. The only reason why communism will not spread as a commodity is because China does not want its neighbors to practice the superior form of political ideology which it has created. China is satisfied being the number 1 communist while outside countries are free to practice the inferior forms of democracy and failed capitalist dogma.

Well... China doing exceptional is FACT. And you are not doing so well are you? Greece has founded Democracy did it not?

It's not ME making democratic capitalism look like (*)(*)(*)(*). It's YOU.

I am merely pointing out perceptions of reality FROM THE OTHER SIDE.

You asked for reasons for terroristic blowback against the United States. I told you.

The fact that you want to put a time constraint on reality is your own problem.

9. SiliconMagician

SiliconMagician Banned

bull (*)(*)(*)(*).

The 9/11 terrorists did not hijack those planes and drive them into buildings over Mossdegh in 1953 and if that is your contention you are absolutely insane!

As far as your pro-commie rant goes.. bite me. The USSR was a terrible nation and China will get what is coming to it one day as well. The USA will outlive any communist (*)(*)(*)(*)hole you name.

10. Panzerkampfwagen

No man, everyone on the planet collectively forgave the US for all actions it undertook during the Cold War in its mission to defeat the Soviet Union.

11. Bluespade

Bluespade Banned

Lol, the creation of Israel, giving arms to muslim fanatics to fight against the Soviets, supporting dictators that furthered our governments interest. Sorry but hate doesn't have an expiration date, it can be taught from generation to generation. The way you're trying to frame your argument is dishonest.

12. Marshal

Yes...the creation of Israel is a big factor in Muslim insanity. However... It happened before the Cold War... Plus... It was overt, not covert... The OP clearly stated the question so that there is no valid answer.

No... OP. the answer to your question is NO... The United States did nothing to deserve the Muslim backlash when you remove the years 1920 to 1983 and when you remove all overt acts and whatever was necessary for the removal of expansionist Communism. Let me be clear... The Muslim response DOES make no sense when you put your American Goggles on.

Now I have satisfactorily answered your question, with the 1 answer you will accept! I hope?

Please tell me your follow up agenda. I am eager to know!

13. Blackrook

Blackrook Banned

After Iraq invaded Kuwait, Osama bin Laden proposed to the Saudis that al Quada protect Saudi Arabia from Iraqi invasion.

The Saudis turned him down, and accepted the help of the United States.

This angered Osama bin Laden, and he began a series of terrorist attacks that culminated in 9/11.

So 9/11 was "blowback" for protecting Saudi Arabia from Iraqi invasion.

Proving that no good deed goes unpunished.

14. Marshal

More American Goggles.

15. My Fing ID

My Fing ID Well-Known Member Past Donor

No actually he's dead on, that's what got Osama really up in arms. Clearly other actions contributed but the thought of 'infidels' on 'muslim ground' is what really got him going. Many people are pissed off at the US for a variety of reasons, but when you want to trace back why 9-11 happened this is a key part.

16. Marshal

Osama got up in arms because of US covert restructuring of Saudi leadership and intertwining itself into Saudi policy.

It's time for you to quit smoking, mate. It's clouding up your American Goggles.

17. Blackrook

Blackrook Banned

And the American military was so careful not to offend the Muslims while they were stationed in Saudi Arabia.

I remember that people were instructed not to send Bibles or religious items to the troops.

So I sent a rosary and addressed it "Any Catholic chaplain based in Saudi Arabia" and asked him to give it to the soldier who needed it the most.

The chaplain sent me back a very nice thank you note.

(*)(*)(*)(*) on the Saudis, and (*)(*)(*)(*) on their backwards religion too.

18. Blackrook

Blackrook Banned

It doesn't matter what motivated Osama bin Laden.

American foreign policy cannot be affected by what we think will please our terrorist enemies.

We can't hide in a hole from the rest of the world, hoping our enemies will leave us alone.

All we can do is kill the terrorists, and keep killing them, until they are all dead.

If that takes 100 years, then so be it.

19. Panzerkampfwagen

Your sky fairy religion is just as backwards.

20. Stagnant

Stagnant Banned

And if the rate of us killing them is correlative to the rate of them getting new recruits? That is, the more we hunt them down, bomb their homes, kill their families, the more active and happy recruits to their war against the evil empire they have?

21. CharlieChalk

CharlieChalk Banned

well, if you ask them they all say israel first, and iraq 2nd. you were responsible for the death of about 2 million iraqis in that time, half of them children. not very nice eh ? quite a lot of other stuff too for examples support for regime in saudi which wouldnt exist without american support and also mogadishu. is that enough to be getting started with ?

22. dadoalex

dadoalex Well-Known Member Past Donor

So you get to choose the timeframe and nothing outside that timeframe counts?

Well other than an invasion of Saudi Arabia and Kuwait and stationing tens of thousands of troops in Muslim lands killing Muslims in the African horn and bombing Afghanistan, nothing.

Bit riddle me this buttman....

What happened between 9/12/2001 and 10/1/2001 that justified an invasion of Afghanistan?

See? It's a stupid game two can play.

23. snakestretcher

snakestretcher Banned

These are just the bombings-and I'll start a bit earlier than whenever the Cold War was supposed to have ended. Enjoy:
    Korea and China 1950-53
    Guatemala 1954
    Indonesia 1958
    Cuba 1959-61
    Guatemala 1960
    Congo 1964
    Laos 1964-73
    Vietnam 1964-73
    Cambodia 1969-70
    Guatemala 1967-69
    Grenada 1983
    Lebanon 1983, 1984 (both Lebanese and Syrian targets)
    Libya 1986
    El Salvador 1980s
    Nicaragua 1980s
    Iran 1987
    Panama 1989
    Iraq 1991
    Kuwait 1991
    Somalia 1993
    Bosnia 1994, 1995
    Sudan 1998
    Afghanistan 1998
    Yugoslavia 1999
    Yemen 2002
    Iraq 1991-2003
    Iraq 2003-05
    Afghanistan 2001-05 Not all Muslim nations, but you get the picture why America is a little unpopular.

Would you like the assassinations next?

24. snakestretcher

snakestretcher Banned

You're the one posting rubbish. If you honestly think there's no link between the deposition, by a democracy of a democratically-elected government, the subsequent installation of a hated puppet dictator, a revolution against his thuggish regime, the subsequent Islamisation of Iran and the rise of Muslim fundamentalism then you, my friend, are either in deep denial, clueless or delusional. Or all three. What is it Bugs said? "What a maroon..."

25. dixon76710

dixon76710 Well-Known Member

We never invaded Saudi Arabia or Kuwait.