China's oppression of Tibet

Discussion in 'Asia' started by waltky, Nov 4, 2012.

1. waltky

waltky Well-Known Member

Granny says China violatin' dem Tibetans human rights...
    :grandma:
    UN Rights Official Faults China on Tibetan Suppression
    November 2, 2012 — The top human rights official of the United Nations took China to task on Friday over the suppression of Tibetans’ rights that she said had driven them to “desperate forms of protest,” referring to about 60 self-immolations by Tibetans protesting Chinese rule that have been reported since March 2011, including seven since mid-October.

2. waltky

waltky Well-Known Member

Granny says, "Rangzen for Tibet...
    :grandma:
    Tibetans call for independence
    Sat, Nov 10, 2012 - FIRM BELIEF: The Tibetan Youth Congress yesterday said no matter how mighty China has become, it could not stop Tibetans dying while fighting for their freedom
    See also:

Chinese ‘volunteers’ roped into security crackdown
    Sun, Nov 11, 2012 - VIGILANT: Although groups say petitioners are being detained during the CCP’s congress, none of the ‘volunteers’ have seen anything worth reporting

3. pimptight

pimptight Banned

[video=youtube;f-yN_xhKeQA]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f-yN_xhKeQA&feature=player_detailpage[/video]

This is what a totalitarian regime looks like!

Paris and (deleted member) like this.
  4. reedak

reedak Well-Known Member

Dear pimptight,

It's a great surprise to see you back again. You are another Houdini of the Internet, being able to enter and exit the forum at will.

You seem to be fleeing from thread to thread in trying to evade my questions. Here again you are littering the thread with the same old gore picture.

Once again, I have to point out that self-immolation has become a worldwide fad. To have an inkling of what's lying under the surface of American Imperialism, please refer to the list of American self-immolation at http://www.politicalforum.com/asia/83835-dissent-democratic-reform-china-5.html

1. Young son of an American officer based at the U.S. Embassy in Saigon, date unknown (between 1963 and 1965?)

2. Alice Herz, an 82 year old pacifist, March 16, 1965, Detroit street corner, Michigan.

3. Norman Morrison, a 31-year-old Quaker pacifist of Baltimore, November 2, 1965, under the Pentagon window of Defense Secretary Robert McNamara's office.

4. Roger Allen LaPorte, November 9, 1965, in front of the Dag Hammarskjold Library at the United Nations, New York.

5. Florence Beaumont, 15 October 1967, Federal Building, Los Angeles.

6. Student George Winne Jr, May 10, 1970, Revelle Plaza, University of California, San Diego.

7. Kathy Change, 1996, University of Pennsylvania campus in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania,

8. 52-year-old unidentified man, November 15, 2004, outside a White House gate.

9. Malachi Ritscher, 2006, Chicago.

10. Dean Lorenzo Turnbull Jr., August 9, 2008, Waldorf, Maryland.

11. Nin Soo Chun, October 30, 2008, Red Square, University of Washington (UW), Seattle.

12. Sophomore Kurt Scheele, October 31, 2008 (Halloween night), Mt. Hope Cemetery, western New York.

13. Cecilia E. Casals, August 14, 2009, a shopping mall in Miami.

Below is another case of American self-immolation. Netizens (including pimptight) are welcome to share their knowledge if they know of other cases that missing from my list of American self-immolation.

Woman Claims Lit on Fire By Men, KKK Slur, Actually Set Self on Fire
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jTQuhwetzs4

5. reedak

reedak Well-Known Member

6. reedak

reedak Well-Known Member

Grandpa says the US violatin' dem Native Americans' human rights...

Following are excerpts from the article headlined "Domestic Abuse" at http://prospect.org/article/domestic-abuse

(Begin excerpts)
    ....“Human rights?” says Zephier, standing in front of St. Katharine's on an August evening. “I never knew we had such a thing.”

.....As Zephier explains, children were forced to give up Indian names, stop speaking their own language, and cut off their long braids. The philosophy was simple: “Kill the Indian. Save the Man,” according to Captain Richard C. Pratt, who opened the first BIA–run school in Carlisle Barracks, Pennsylvania, in 1879.

....Native Americans are often frustrated by the restrictions on tribal self-government. But that's not all. They're also faced with a Congress that claims the right to wield “plenary,” or absolute, power over them.

The Western Shoshone land dispute, which began in 1974 when the U.S. government claimed Native American ancestral lands in Nevada, is a glaring example of how the United States can overstep its bounds. That year, U.S. officials said a Western Shoshone title on the land had expired and, as a result, it belonged to the public. Two sisters, Carrie and Mary Dann, who were letting their cattle graze the land, were accused of trespassing.... (End excerpts)

America and its NATO allies are supposed to bring democracy and freedom to Afghanistan. Ironically, their occupation saw an increase in the number of suicides, particularly self-immolation, among Afghan women in recent years.

Driven to a Fiery Death — The Tragedy of Self-Immolation in Afghanistan
    http://www.rawa.org/temp/runews/200...y-of-self-immolation-in-afghanistan_7383.html

Afghanistan: Self-Immolation Among Afghan Women Shows Rise in Herat
    http://wunrn.com/news/2008/09_08/09_08_08/090808_afghanistan.htm

7. pimptight

pimptight Banned

You want to know the difference between me and you?

Because I don't have an agenda when I post, I don't care that you just pointed out that people have done the same in the US.

See to me the act demands a response from people. I'm not here to defend my team. I am my team!

If those injustices in the US were worthy of such a extreme response then lets talk about them.

My guess is that you don't want to talk about what China has done to the Tibetan people to bring about that response though, huh?

Got quiet like a church around here huh?

Who is running now son?

8. reedak

reedak Well-Known Member

The difference is that you are a "gore pictures litterbug", while I am a "hunter of litterbugs".

From your postings and your disgusting acts of littering the forum with your favourite gore picture, it is obvious that you have an agenda.

If you choose to jump down from the highest building in New York, nobody can stop you from doing so. However, when asked by the King of Hades why you choose to go to his place in separate bloody pieces, don't blame your government for your stupid way of dying.

It is similar for those Tibetans, who faithfully followed the orders of the Lama and his unofficial young extremist successor in committing the stupid act of suicide. Nobody, not even the Buddha, can stop them from going to Hell in such a fiery way. But again when questioned by the King of Hades, they should not put the blame on their government but rather tell him truthfully so that those two criminals could be condemned eternally to the lowest level of Hell when the time comes.

Is my reply good enough for you, grandson? Don't start running again.

9. pimptight

pimptight Banned

What did you just say?

You just typed a bunch of sentences with talk of the king of Hedes, like the little child believing in fairy tails that you are.

You keep just spinning away from why that guy lit himself on fire!

10. reedak

reedak Well-Known Member

No wonder you enjoy watching "human firework" and delight in seeing people committing suicide, because you have no belief in religion, Heaven and Hell. One fine day you will the chance to find out whether Hades (Hell) is a fairy tale.

11. pimptight

pimptight Banned

Again, so you don't want to talk about why he lit himself on fire huh?

How convenient for you?

[​IMG]

12. reedak

reedak Well-Known Member

If the guy in the photo is drinking urine, are you going to ask him for the reason? If he still insists on his stupid act, are you going to stop him by force?

I have to bring your attention to the following statement in my previous post:

It is similar for those Tibetans, who faithfully followed the orders of the Lama and his unofficial young extremist successor in committing the stupid act of suicide.

If my answer cannot satisfy you, you will have to go all the way to get the answer directly from those stupid faithful followers of the two criminals, and tell their answer to me later. (Perhaps in 90 years' time when it's time for me to pay you a visit?)

13. pimptight

pimptight Banned

You know the Chinese government, you know the guys who pay you to post on the internet?

If anyone is going to burn in hell, they will be at the front of the line along with the US government, Isreali, Turkish, Russian, Suadi...ect.!

Evil, evil, SOB's the lot of them!

You keep up the good fight though defending these murderer's of children!

14. reedak

reedak Well-Known Member

I'm still as poor as a beggar because "the guys" of your wild imagination have yet to be born into this world to pay me for my posts.

Tiger Tiger. burning bright,
    In the forests of the night;
    What immortal hand or eye.
    Could frame thy fearful symmetry?

In what distant deeps or skies.
    Burnt the fire of thine eyes?
    On what wings dare he aspire?
    What the hand, dare seize the fire?

And what shoulder, & what art,
    Could twist the sinews of thy heart?
    And when thy heart began to beat.
    What dread hand? & what dread feet?

What the hammer? what the chain,
    In what furnace was thy brain?
    What the anvil? what dread grasp.
    Dare its deadly terrors clasp?

When the stars threw down their spears
    And watered heaven with their tears:
    Did he smile His work to see?
    Did he who made the lamb make thee?

Tiger Tiger burning bright,
    In the forests of the night:
    What immortal hand or eye,
    Dare frame thy fearful symmetry?

The Tiger poem - William Blake
    http://www.love-poems.me.uk/blake_the_tiger.htm

You are partially right in saying that I "keep up the good fight" because I enjoy myself wandering like a knight-errant in pursuit of chivalry and social justice under the zest of patriotism and common humanity, and riding into the sunset of the virtual world after a "knightly duel" with a misguided opponent like you.

"The Bible view equates suicide as equal to murder, sure self-murder but still murder. God is the One who decides when and how a person should die and damaging the body, the temple of the Holy Spirit, by suicide is viewed by God very severely."

"If an unsaved person commits suicide, he has done nothing but “expedite” his journey to Hell for he is condemned already for not accepting Christ’s salvation..."

Please refer to the article headlined "SUICIDE" at http://www.albatrus.org/english/living/death/suicide.htm

As suicide is a crime in the eyes of God, it must never be encouraged but condemned internationally. Unlike the racist burning of innocent lives by the Ku Klux Klan in the US, those foolish followers of the Lama and his unofficial young extremist successor were not burned to death by anybody but themselves.

Hence don't confuse yourself and others by blaming their death on the Chinese authorities. They were murdered by nobody but themselves.

"Let's ride into the sunset together
    Stirrup to stirrup, side by side
    When the day is through, I'll be here with you
    Into the sunset we will ride"

—Lost Weekend Western Swing Band, "Let's ride into the sunset together"

Knight-errant
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Knight-errant

Riding into the Sunset
    http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/RidingIntoTheSunset

15. pimptight

pimptight Banned

http://www.enotes.com/tibet-reference/tibet

16. reedak

reedak Well-Known Member

Why focus only on "Chinese invasion and dominance"? Taking the Bible as a guide, human society began from the individual (Adam), progressed to a couple (Adam and Eve), and expanded to a family, a tribe, a village, a town, a city, a province and finally to a country. This country would expand or contract or even disappear from the surface of the world, depending on its fortunes in wars, invasions, pestilence, famines, man-made disasters, natural calamities, etc.

If you could name a dozen major countries that are over 200 years old but have never engaged in any invasion and dominance, I will never again say a single word on your act of littering the forum with your favourite gore picture.

17. pimptight

pimptight Banned

Moral relativism!!

18. reedak

reedak Well-Known Member

It is ironical that you have been practising moral relativism all this while even though you accuse others of embracing it.

For instance, on the one hand you accuse the Chinese government of violating the right of the Tibetans to live as humans, but on the other hand you permit and encourage the Tibetans to violate their own right to live as humans by killing themselves in an inhuman way with fire.

In short, you permit and encourage suicide even though you preach human value.

Following are excerpts from the article headlined "Moral Relativism" at http://www.life.org.nz/euthanasia/euthanasiaethicalkeyissues/moral-relativism/

"If there is no Creator - no God - then humans have no intrinsic value for simply 'being.' If, as humans we have no true or sacred value, then suicide, abortion, infanticide and euthanasia are logically permissable."

19. Albert Di Salvo

Albert Di Salvo New Member

Go China...screw Tibetans.

20. reedak

reedak Well-Known Member

Go pimp...screw tight.

21. pimptight

pimptight Banned

See, but they didn't just kill themselves did they?

No, instead what they did was die in one of the most painful ways possible, and if you aren't asking why someone would do that, you are probably one evil SOB!

22. reedak

reedak Well-Known Member

Were they burned by others as in the burning of victims by the Ku Klux Klan in the US?

Did anyone force them at gunpoint to "die in one of the most painful ways possible"? You can ask them the reason of their suicide and tell me later in my dream. But please ensure that you look decent and presentable before you appear in my dream, otherwise I would wake up in a fright before getting your answer, COB of the Web.

23. waltky

waltky Well-Known Member

Tibetans protesting against oppressive Chinese...
    :eekeyes:
    Two Tibetan teenagers in rare double immolation
    Fri, Feb 22, 2013 - OPPRESSION: Since 2009, more than 100 people have set themselves on fire in protest against Chinese rule, including at least 22 who were under the age of 18

24. reedak

reedak Well-Known Member

Whenever any of those people try to follow the Lama's order by turning themselves into human torches, the authorities should save them first and then take them to a quiet desolate place to let them have all the freedom in the world to meet with the Buddha in whatever way they like. :angel:

Without any chance for them to attract international attention to their separatist cause, do you think they consider worthwhile to commit suicide?

Please also take a look at yourself in this link:

http://www.politicalforum.com/race-...fect-kill-indian-save-man.html#post1062320087

By the way, it's high time to set up a China-based Radio Free America (RFA). Just hope no confusion and conflict over the abbreviation.

25. s002wjh

s002wjh Well-Known Member

consider in middle east there are teeneger become sucide bombers. there will always be some unstatisfy member of society in the worlds. plently sucide in india/china/US etc etc due to different reasons. china treat tibet no different than how they treat han chinese, but due to religion practice in tibet directly tie to politic, the CCP got more involve in tibet. we don't see other buddist, christian, or other ethnic group in china doing the samething.