Predictions for Post Election

Discussion in 'Political Opinions & Beliefs' started by Zosiasmom, Nov 4, 2012.

1. Zosiasmom

Zosiasmom New Member Past Donor

Here are my predictions and we'll look them up in 6-8 months post swearing in...

If Obama wins

Nothing will happen and we'll stay the miserable course with more Republican ****-blocking and the economy will slowly upturn on its own.

If Romney wins

Things will be pretty much the same. The Democrats will do what the Republicans do to Obama and nothing much will happen. The economy will slowly upturn on its own.

No matter who wins there will be:

More surveillance
    More DOJ generated "terrorists" that are supposed to make us all scared and willing to give up rights
    More of the TSA, soon to be in malls and highway tolls
    More loss of civil liberties
    More drones
    More police misconduct
    More troops overseas
    More blowback
    More partisan bickering
    More political scandals

2. The XL

The XL Well-Known Member

Pretty much. If Obama wins, it will be the same as it is now, and Romney won't rock the boat any. The only difference will be how the partisan hacks act. Liberals will be anti war again, and Republicans will be happy as can be, blissfully ignorant to the fact that Romneycare is Obamacare, foreign policy in general would not have changed, and the NDAA and Patriot Act will not have been repealed.

3. Zosiasmom

Yep. The Democrats will block a total repeal so they will "compromise" and it will be sold as him doing the best he could.

Basically, we're still heading full on into police state with people saying: Well, I am not in danger of committing a crime so why should I worry. That whole Nazi and Soviet thing is in the past. Baaaaaaaaa.

4. The XL

The XL Well-Known Member

Yup. These crazy politicians and their banker masters aren't even the biggest threat to the country, the ignorant masses are. They're the ones letting them get away with all of this....

5. Troianii

Troianii Well-Known Member Past Donor

If Obama wins: there will be continued gridlock, because the gop will hold the house and dems wont make any real concessions. Zosiasmom will still be a pessimist.

If Romney wins, there will be some compromise as things get done. Gop will control the House, but senate will be 49 republicans, 48 dems, and 3 independents who probably all caucus with dems. The gop will only need one senator to break to pass bills, so there will be compromise. Zosiasmom will still be a pessimist.

6. Zosiasmom

I like to think of myself as a Cassandra more than a pessimist, but..okay.

7. saintmichaeldefendthem

saintmichaeldefendthem New Member Past Donor

Has it occurred to you that if we go over an economic cliff, none of this will matter? The most pressing issues facing us compel a Romney vote. If both parties will install cameras to watch you go pee pee, then you could at least vote for the one who is going to try to save this country's economy in the process.

Please vote for Mitt Romney. It's my heartfelt plea to you.

8. Zosiasmom

Someone (I think) was really trying to work on me, but...dawn broke and the magic spell he wove wore off.

9. woodystylez

woodystylez Banned

All of this can be solved if you get rid of government. I was taught in math class by a stoner friend, "If you just don't do your homework you don't have to worry about it" Powerful stuff.

10. RtWngaFraud

RtWngaFraud Banned

If Romney wins...I predict an explosion of low wage jobs to acclimate the suckers to their future. If Obama wins, we will have said no to fat cats and corporate rape...I'll take choice B.

11. The XL

The XL Well-Known Member

Take a gander at who pays for Obamas campaign.

12. RtWngaFraud

RtWngaFraud Banned

You gotta fight fire with fire, my man. Screwed game but pay or get run over so....

13. Zosiasmom

I'm sorry you listened to him. I was an "A" student, myself. Didn't hang out with you slackers.

14. The XL

The XL Well-Known Member

Don't you get it, though? It's not like Obama is just pretending to be a corporatist to get elected, then will turn and be a liberal, he's a corporatist all the way.

15. woodystylez

woodystylez Banned

Here is my prediction. It isn't really a prediction when you know politics and know who donates to the politicians..PLEASE quote me on either later;

Romney,
    He will start cutting programs fast and then notice the American people hate him for it. We will go to war with Syria. He will become another Bush where he continues to spend yet keeps the cut taxes only to blame the debt on the next Democrat. Outsourcing will increase due to more free trade. Outsourcing puts more Americans out of work and there will be more low skill workers out of jobs. Since we invaded Syria we will find need for that 2 Trillion dollar tax hike and that military weapon campaign contributor because we will be in WWIII.

Obama,
    Obama is the reason for the deficit spike from Sandy and the drought. Gays will be allowed to get married, but not forced to be allowed to get married by churches. A small amount of Americans will raise arms and literally shoot open Obama voters thinking they are starting "The Revolution".

Me,
    I will be on the hot grill hoping that my theory of breaking down the last 100 years of a party instead of listening to a nominee and breaking down the campaign donors will do the least damage. Sadly, I will lose when Obama wins. Because there is NO WAY to prove how bad things could have got. Even Bush's warnings of a depression worse than a great depression are on video and Republicans are saying, "It's because of Obama" or "There is no proof Obama saved us from a depression"

16. 1up2down

1up2down New Member

Romney wins....Markets will jumpstart in short order probably overnight. Companies will start making money again and in turn start hiring as well. This includes jobs of all wages both low and high. Service industries will slowly come back strong. Many Americans will take pride in there country again. Some Liberals will implode and go even farther left while semi intelligent ones will become open minded (with time) and realize that they will be voted out if they dont start thinking about economic realities. Rich people will get richer and the middel class families with middle class responsibilities will have a big sigh of relief. BS government programs will start getting cut freeing up even more opportunity for those willing to work hard to obtain financial independence.

Obama wins....markets will tank. Businesses will start going under left and right. The rich will protect what they have. Gold will hit 3500 quickly. Nobody will be able to find work because those with wealth wont be willing to risk it (or be taxed to death). Governemnt employment through the IRS will go through the roof. Economy will collapse, free market will die, and the country will fall.

I dont think it will happen though. I really dont see any possible way for Romney to lose this election....not even with some screwy voter fraud.

Oh, vandilisum and theft are going to go pretty crazy either way.

Those who dont believe in owning a firearm for home protection would be well served to go to your local gun shop and purchase a firearm to protect themselves and there property.....as well as there neighbors (even if they voted for the other guy). Neighborhood watch programs are not a bad idea either.

17. Margot

Margot Account closed, not banned

There are so many interventions and covert ops going on all over Africa, I don't see the possibility of success in all efforts. Something is bound to blow up in our faces..

So I don't think it will be business as usual.. We may have more terrorist threat from Africa than the ME.

18. Daggdag

Daggdag Well-Known Member

My predictions are......

1; Rick Perry calls for Texas to succeed from the union (again) after Obama wins. And once again, everyone outside of Texas hopes he is serious.

2; Rush Limbaugh calls for all Republicans to make sure Obama can not get anything done that would help the nation. This will be done in order to allow them to blame all America's problems on the Democratic nominee in 2016.

3; Fox New runs a (*)(*)(*)(*)load of stories about how Obama cheated, without actually providing any evidence to back up their claims and playing a bunch of preedited videos that are put together to make it seem that Obama is admitting to fraud.

4; Obama continues to be a joke as president, selling out to insurance companies, and continueing the Bush policies.

19. RtWngaFraud

RtWngaFraud Banned

Obama wins 319 to 219 electoral votes. My prediction.

20. 1up2down

1up2down New Member

Once the currency is destroyed we are in end-game. The last four years have been a sign of things to come under an Obama second term. People can pretty much throw the social issues and ideology out the window. Once societies lose faith in national currency its over. Shortly after that pure dictatorships kick in along with lots of death. I dont hope to avoid it as I dont thinks its possible (maybe though).....only to slow it down.

21. CharlieChalk

CharlieChalk Banned

if romney wins you are going to war with iran, if obama wins you wont. also if romney wins you will find he is not able to implement his economic plan as he described it because it is based on lies and the numbers dont add up, he has promised a 20% tax cut across the board, which would bankrupt your country, so that wont happen either.

22. jmpet

jmpet New Member

Stop being so paranoid about your freedoms- I don't see anyone kicking your door down for your thoughts.

23. skeptic-f

skeptic-f New Member

The Republicans and the Democrats will continue to not work with each other and not much will be accomplished. In a way it would be nice to see one party have the House, Senate and President just so the excuses would disappear. This doesn't look likely at the moment because predictions are the Republicans will keep the House (comfortably) and the Democrats will hang onto the Senate by their fingernails.

24. Phoebe Bump

Phoebe Bump New Member

If Obama wins, Democrats will be happy. If Romney wins, Republicans will be happy - until Thursday.

25. Trinnity

Trinnity Banned

Unless the R's take the Senate, Harry Reid will block everything. <sigh>

....and America slowly sinks.

[​IMG]