Egyptian court rejects petition to cancel peace treaty with Israel

Discussion in 'Latest US & World News' started by HBendor, Nov 5, 2012.

1. HBendor

HBendor New Member

All these Arab lovers of Israel... did not find yet the time to bring forth a reality confirmed by the Courts in Cairo (Egypt)

Egyptian court rejects petition to cancel peace treaty with Israel

Israel Radio reports that the court in Cairo said it does not have the right to rule on the treaty because it was a matter of Egypt's sovereignty • Only the president, it said, could make such decisions.

Israel Hayom Staff

http://www.israelhayom.com/site/newsletter_article.php?id=6262

Anwar Sadat, Jimmy Carter and Menachem Begin clasp hands on the North Lawn of the White House after signing the Israel-Egypt Peace Treaty on March 26, 1979. |Photo credit: AP

[​IMG]

A court that deals with administrative issues in Cairo rejected a petition to cancel the peace treaty between Egypt and Israel on Tuesday, according to a report by Israel Radio.

The court reportedly ruled that it does not have the legal right to decide on the treaty as it is a matter of sovereignty rather than legality.

The court explained that matters of sovereignty in Egypt are handled only by the president.

On Oct. 19, Vice Prime Minister and Strategic Affairs Minister Moshe (Bogie) Ya'alon revealed that Egypt had asked Israel to renegotiate the terms of the 1979 peace treaty between the two countries, but Israel had refused. Ya'alon also said Egypt had understood that it had to accept the Israeli stance or risk losing U.S. aid.

Speaking at an industry and commerce conference in Tel Aviv, Ya'alon said, "We have a peace treaty with Egypt. We do not conduct pinpoint strikes in Sinai, and so terrorists have greater freedom to operate there. We demand from the Egyptians that they act with resolve and impose their sovereignty there, and this will be put to the test. This regime asked to revisit the military appendix of the peace treaty, but this was in no way acceptable to us."

2. skeptic-f

skeptic-f New Member

Part of the problem is Israeli hypocrisy over the Sinai. Under the treaty Egypt was to have no military and minimal police forces there, but now some of the Bedu have allied with Islamo-fascists and there has been a string of terrorist actions both in the Sinai and over the border in Israel. Israel has complained about the attacks and said that Egypt should stop them or Israel will, but it is not willing to let Egypt put the necessary military and police forces in place to get the job done. Such an attitude in the face of worsening relations with Egypt almost guarantees that relations will continue to get worse.

What does HBendor think the Egyptian reaction will be if the IDF ever launches a raid into the Sinai (which would also be a breach of the treaty)? Remember that the Mubarak government cooperated in the Israeli blockade of Gaza; Mursi's government could take a very different approach including conspiring to send Hamas dangerous weapons like heavy artillery, anti-aircraft missles or real rockets (as opposed to the homemade rockettes Hamas currently uses). Perhaps a bit of compromise by Israel is the better of two disagreeable options?

3. Abu Sina

Abu Sina New Member

"Do not let my appearance of patience fool you"

when discussing the Sinai problem

Mohammed Morsi
    Egyptian President

4. HBendor

HBendor New Member

First to settle the matter in a professional way... let me explain the following to you and the other followers of 'Hate Israel'!!!!!!!!!!!

a) The UNIVERSAL border of Egypt in the Sinai Peninsula is a line from Rafa/ElArish to Suez!
    b) The Sinai Peninsula from the Universal Border to the border of Israel was surrendered to Egypt for A Peace Agreement.
    Mind you from the RAFA SUEZ BORDER TO THE ISRAELI BORDER THIS WAS A NO MAN'S LAND THAT Israel COULD HAVE RETAINED. But for the sake of Peace and our interests re guarding such a long border we surrendered it to Egypt under certain conditions (Please Read the Peace Agreement) I do not see any hypocrisy from the side of Israel.

HBendor does not think anything and I am not forcing you to follow my line of thinking... You and your friends are NOT even willing to accommodate may be an Egyptian Goal Keeper in an Israeli team... so the hypocrisy reverts back to you... You perhaps like the Peace with Israel but resent the intercourse (communication/relations) with Israel.

Here we will manage our relations with Mursy and we thank him for reopening the Egyptian Embassy... We must look forward for good relations, neighborly relations, normal relation... for Egypt and Israel to become Peaceful partners.

5. The Doctor

The Doctor Banned

Well Hamas is already the Palestinian branch of the Muslim Brothehood, I would suggest that Israel's response should be one of total decimation of the Islamic Imperialist swine, but then again I support the decimation of the Islamic Imperialist swine regardless of their actions towards Israel. As for Gaza they elected Hamas, their women are human bomb factories and their children are future munitions, I suggest nuking them from space, it's the only way to be sure.

6. The Doctor

The Doctor Banned

Empty impotent threats, if Egypt reneges on the peace treaty then Israel should immediately recapture the Sinai, the MB and Salafists can not be trusted.

7. skeptic-f

skeptic-f New Member

That's a good plan. It's always wise to turn a small problem into a big one and exchange tens of thousands of enemies for tens of millions. No doubt that's why Israel has lasted so long.

8. The Doctor

The Doctor Banned

lol, look at the polling data, the overwhelming majority of Muslims already hate Jews, not just Israelis but Jews. Islam and Muslims are already the enemy, Israel has lasted so long because they have recognized this fact and been kickin their ass since 1948.

9. free man

free man Well-Known Member

As a matter of fact. Egypt has violated the treaty at least 6 times in the last 2 year.
    Attacking Israel, crossing the border with fire arms and killing Israeli civilians.
    Why raise a hypothetical question, when you have the facts right in front of you ?
    But I guess you wanted to talk about hypocracy.

10. junobet

junobet New Member

That's obvious judging by most of your posts.

11. junobet

junobet New Member

Even if you just nuked them from earth that would certainly 'solve the problem' because not only Palastinians but also most Israelis would be wiped out by such a nuke.
    Conclusion: Just as Bender the Doc is capable of posting without doing much thinking, let alone thinking about such trifles such as a human conscience. These days Naszis come in all shape and forms, some of them are even pretending to be friends of Israel.

12. Abu Sina

Abu Sina New Member

Big convoy of new armoury vehicles just arrived in Alexandria port and was driven straight into Sinai to add to the ones already there

13. HBendor

HBendor New Member

I am proficient in three languages, English, sarcasm and profanity... I will not even consider the last one in your case...

14. skeptic-f

skeptic-f New Member

Jeez, there are some ignorant people in this Forum. Those attacks were not by Egyptian forces, but were by Islamo-fascists operating out of the Sinai. The one time Egyptian police fired on Israeli soldiers was when those soldiers fired across the border killing two of those Egyptian policemen. The return fire killed zero Israelis. If Free Man has "facts" to the contrary I invite him to post a link proving them; if not, I invite him to look up the real facts.

15. junobet

junobet New Member

I still don't agree with most of your posts but I need to apologize. I was in an extraordinarily nasty mood yesterday morning.

16. dixon76710

dixon76710 Well-Known Member

Egyptian Islamo- Fascist. The treaty isnt only applicable to Egyptian forces and is instead applicable to all people within Egypt.