Ann Coulter: Don't Blame Romney

Discussion in 'Political Opinions & Beliefs' started by Blackrook, Nov 8, 2012.

1. Blackrook

Blackrook Banned

http://www.humanevents.com/2012/11/07/ann-coulter-dont-blame-romney/
    Ann Coulter hits the nail on the head.

Mitt Romney was a very good candidate, probably the most competent man ever fielded by the Republican party to solve the problems at hand. With his business acumen of turning around unprofitable businesses, he could have saved our nation from the fiscal cliff we are heading towards.

But Obama played it smart. He used his billions of dollars of money he got from Hollywood and his Wall Street friends to smear Romney and make him seem like an "evil capitalist" who "oursourced jobs to China" and killed a woman who died of cancer.

All the best Republicans waited this election out because they did not want to go up against an incumbent. I question that decision. It was every Republican's duty as an American to do all he can to unseat this un-American President. Jeb Bush, Bobby Jindal, and Marco Rubio should have come forward when their nation needed them.

But we will take it in 2016. By that time, Obama will be the most unpopular President of all time, and the American people will be weary of the Democrats and their high taxes and runaway spending.

2. Margot

Margot Account closed, not banned

3. saintmichaeldefendthem

saintmichaeldefendthem New Member Past Donor

With respect, sir, has it occurred to you that Annorexia Coulter is trying to protect her own reputation? She spread her legs for Romney while there were still plenty of more conservative candidates in the primaries.

4. RtWngaFraud

RtWngaFraud Banned

Ann "spreading" his legs??? That's just gross dude...

5. Speeders R Murderers

Speeders R Murderers Banned

Yes romney was a good candidate and he led in the polls a week prior to the election. Then Christie stabbed him in the back and gave obozo a boost and that was that.

6. RtWngaFraud

RtWngaFraud Banned

"Why PinkSlip's prepaid Presidency failed"...2 votes for Chris Christie..next?

7. jack4freedom

jack4freedom Well-Known Member Past Donor

Waaaaaaahhhhhhh....Waaaaaahhhhhhh......Waaaaaaaaahhhhhh....

8. Marine1

Marine1 Well-Known Member Past Donor

I think Romney would have made a good President and turned this economy around. But I disagree with Ann Coulter. He didn't give enough information to what he would do as President. He was caught twice making stupid remarks that the Left used against him quite effectively. One about the 47% that weren't paying taxes and the other about closing Jeep plants and shipping them to China. I don't think he explained his stand on the bailout of GM and Chrysler enough. Those mistakes cost him at least Ohio and Michigan and more.

Republicans screwed up too. They pushed hard to get rid of Obama care, but didn't realize that health care was very important to millions of Americans and never explained the Republican plan for health care. They threw away a chance to rake in millions of votes on that issue alone.

I think Republicans need to rethink their stand on abortion. There should be some good reasons to have one. Like saving the life of a mother, rape.

It's a shame, the Left had their crap together in both these last two Presidential elections and the Right didn't.

9. My Fing ID

My Fing ID Well-Known Member Past Donor

Ann Coulter is a (*)(*)(*)(*)ing retard and this proves it. That any Republican could back Romney is just partisanship. Seriously that's it, the man is a total populist politician who would do anything to get voted. The next 4 years will be quite similar to what he would have done anyway.

10. RtWngaFraud

RtWngaFraud Banned

Ummm...could be their mentality and their warped ideology....just sayin'.

11. saintmichaeldefendthem

saintmichaeldefendthem New Member Past Donor

Obama brought him a footlong sub sandwich and Romney didn't. Sometimes it's the little gestures that make all the difference.

12. Marine1

Welll you all remember last week when many on the Right were saying they were going to win. I said then don't count your chickens before they hatched. I know those things I pointed out would hurt them.

13. RtWngaFraud

RtWngaFraud Banned

Well...to be fair...it WAS Romney's turn and he paid for it fair and square, and the super wealthy DO usually get their way. Now they'll cry like babies and just take their marbles and leave (hopefully).

14. Marine1

You need to get off that wealthy crap. I believe Romney would have been good for the economy. I think he would have been a good man for the job. But I'm afraid many of my fellow Republicans, don't understand what many of the American people want. Both sides are so wrapped up in Party that that neither side understands the other. I'm afraid the economy isn't going to come back like it should under Obama. I'm afraid he is going to add trillions more to the debt. I see he already is going to try and add to it by suggesting the government increase incentives for electric vehicles to $10,000. The guy has no idea of how to pay for all his give aways.

15. RtWngaFraud

RtWngaFraud Banned

HOW???

Seriously....the guy outsourced jobs FOR A LIVING..it wasn't some "by-product" of "business"...it WAS his business. How's that good for anybody except the fat cat? Unless you're of the opinion that we need a Walmart every 5 feet and that somehow slave labor jobs are a good thing, I say you're drowning from the kool-aid.

16. Marine1

Why is it you keep saying that? Romney outsourced very few jobs. I have pointed that out to you several times and you just refuse to let it sink in.

FACTCHECK

Obama accuses Romney in a series of TV ads of being a “corporate raider” who “shipped jobs to China and Mexico,” asking if voters want to elect an “outsourcer in chief.” But some of the claims in the ads are untrue, and others are thinly supported.

http://www.factcheck.org/2012/06/obamas-outsourcer-overreach/

17. Marine1

18. Marine1

Most of the companies romney bought up were new starts and companies ready to go under. They pumped money into them, took over management, cut out the parts that were dragging the companies down and then sold them for a profit. He wasn't shipping them all out of the country. That is another lie the democrats put on romney and the left ate it up.

Why do you think bill clinton said baine does good work?

19. snakestretcher

snakestretcher Banned

When you want to win simply for the sake of winning you do a huge intellectual disservice to an electorate which genuinely needs to know what you're going to do when, and if, you do win-especially when your country is in trouble. If Romney had spent more time detailing what his manifesto was, instead of glad-handing, kissing babies and continually telling you how awful the other side is, he might have had a chance.

Americans, unlike the British, are enormously enthusiastic voters and don't display the apathy that British voters do. Romney totally blew his chance when he was gifted a captive audience. A little more thought about what America wanted rather than just what the Republicans wanted, a little less glitz and 'Yay America!' might have got him the White House.

20. RtWngaFraud

RtWngaFraud Banned

Bain Capital were "pioneers" in outsourcing. Mitt Romney was CEO. I know you must have heard that somewhere at LEAST one time.

21. Beevee

Beevee Well-Known Member Past Donor

So you consider Republicans that fickle, that they would listen to Christie making a statement of Presidential support for what is a natura tragedy, thereby causing hundreds of thousands or even millions of GOP supporters to not vote for Romney?

Then you deserve the GOP you support.

22. Iriemon

Iriemon Well-Known Member Past Donor

Wasn't Ann the one who said the Republicans couldn't win with Romney?

23. RtWngaFraud

RtWngaFraud Banned

I think he meant that he was FOR Christie before he was against him????

24. Think for myself

Think for myself Well-Known Member Past Donor

What happened to personal responsibility?

Is Romney not at fault for his own failures? Is Coulter getting all liberal with hugs for everyone? Everyone gets a trophy for jsut showing up and we don't keep score because we don't want anyone's feelings to be hurt?

To her I say bull(*)(*)(*)(*). Romney lost because Romney, in my opinion, lacked the most basic of abilities to define his positions and enunciate why they were better than the incumbent's. It really is that (*)(*)(*)(*)ing simple. Explain why his plan (which for the most part he refuse to give out details on) was better for the individual and country or (*)(*)(*)(*)ing fail, which he did.

25. dairyair

dairyair Well-Known Member

Yep. Putting people before party. Such a dastardly thing to do if you're a R.