Is America Starting Multiple Wars To Prevent Big Oil Nations From Going Gold Standard

Discussion in 'Political Opinions & Beliefs' started by woodystylez, Nov 12, 2012.

1. woodystylez

woodystylez Banned

As an Independent who hates unnecessary war I have noticed one thing. Both major parties are correct about the false war the other party started, but fail to notice the false war their own party started. But Libertarians, Ron Paul specifically, have been saying these wars are unconstitutional and shouldn't be taking place.

What if I told you EVERYONE is correct here. Besides the justification of their own parties war. People who submit to a party will justify horrible things their parties do. All parties. All......parties.

I watched this hour long video today (ignore the conspiracy theory title) http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=THlaMUq6MKU. I had a true epiphany after watching it. Even though it is directed at illumanati and new world order it actually uncovers one amazing fact. America is going to war with every oil rich nation that is deciding to switch to the gold standard.

Iraq decided to switch to the gold standard, we went to war with them for false reasons. Libya decided to switch to the gold standard, we went to war with them for false reasons. Syria is switching to the gold standard, we are talking war with them (direct or indirect to overthrow the government). Iran is switching to the gold standard, we are talking war with them (over nukes that don't exist).

Iraq was justified by WMD's not found. Libya was justified by Gaddafi killing his own people and no exact evidence of that was found. There seems to be a lot of Syria evidence that he is killing his people, but none I have found of directly connects Bashar al-Assad to the killings and he say's it isn't him. We all know Iran's story, but why are we ready to go to war with a country who doesn't have nukes when we know so many threats that have tons of nukes?

What happens if these countries do go to the gold standard or gold for oil? America doesn't use gold, it uses paper. But we also have lots of oil land we haven't tapped into yet, could this be why? In case we are eventually unable to buy oil with gold? Is this why Libertarians want to switch to the gold standard, so we don't have to go to war for oil like so many said in 2001?

Please have a civilized debate about this without trolling if that is possible on here. This isn't a conspiracy theory because it's already been proven Iraq was a false war and Guddafi was never proven to be attacking anyone (at least it wasn't proven they weren't al quada rebels). Please tell me your thoughts on this and try to unplug yourself from your party while thinking about it.

2. woodystylez

woodystylez Banned

Everything I'm reading about Bashar al-Assad in Syria, beyond our media, is saying he isn't doing these things. It's saying they are witnessing staged incidents where they use baseball bats to inflict wounds on people to stage a YouTube video. It says they are using old footage mixed in, just like in Libya.

I'm truely worried about this.

3. Albert Di Salvo

Albert Di Salvo New Member

Hopefully America will lose this war.

4. woodystylez

woodystylez Banned

I appreciate you taking my post seriously. Do you think this is true? NO ONE has made a better argument in my opinion than this. I almost feel like the smoke and mirrors are gone on this.

5. garyd

garyd Well-Known Member

Please expalin how wars unnecessary or not prevent other countrys from going on the Gold standard? You watch too much conspiracy claptrap.

6. Woogs

Woogs Well-Known Member

7. woodystylez

woodystylez Banned

I'm new to this concept which isn't conspiracy. I'll ask you to prove the need for Iraq and Libya. When you spew no facts I'll call you a conspiracy theorist.....heh

The dollar is the reserve currency of the world because oil is traded in dollars. What happens if big oil countries change to the gold standard? Oil is traded in gold and we are screwed. Everything I posted is factually based and I've been researching it. No conspiracy here. I will admit it isn't fact, which is why it's a question. But like Fox News since when does that matter? This theory actually does line up with Fox News on the cover up of Benghazi.

8. woodystylez

woodystylez Banned

9. garyd

garyd Well-Known Member

You seem to be implying that it would hurt us for them to go on the gold standard, by which, I think you mean, that they would insist on being paid in gold rather than fiat currency of any sort. Please note, this would inconvenience more countries than just the US. And keep in mind the US gets most of it's oil from the US itself Canada and Mexico, and a recently released study, just hit the news on the 12th in fact, America could be self sufficient in petroleum by the end of the decade if the government would butt out. All such a move would do would encourage the US to continue to develope its own resources as we should have been doing for the last 30 years.

Further let me make this really simple for you Iraq if we were to win in Afghanistan wasn't a choice but a necessity. Why because the latter was always the more difficult proposition and we were going to need those 50K troops that were stationed in Kuwait and Saudi Arabia keeping Saddam from making a second attempt in order to win in Afghanistan. Because we bungled the occupation of Iran, the delay in transfering those troops to Aghanistan made victory there problematic if not impossible. Obama's dithering on the surge likely sealed the deal.

By the way my typing suffers from two primary issues. The first being that my vison at 64 isn't what it was 20 years ago so my proof reading isn't terribly effective at times and the second my arthritic hands tend to make my typewriting skills which weren't great to begin with considerably less than adequate.

10. woodystylez

woodystylez Banned

Your last paragraph explains why you made no point.........again.

Prodably jus grammer an I site.

11. Woogs

Woogs Well-Known Member

IMO, it's how we have been able to carry such a large debt load with few consequences.

Also figure into this equation the Shia-Sunni conflict. We have been allowed to stomp around freely in the ME because we aren't stepping on any Sunni toes. In many ways, our actions intersect with Sunni desires for dominion of the ME. Oil plays a huge part in this as it is Shia people living atop most of the ME oil...even in Saudi Arabia.

We have been acting as the Sunnis' pit bull and, at the same time, ensuring the USD's status as world's reserve currency. The two goals line up almost perfectly.

Here's a couple links about the Sunni-Shia conflict in the modern context and also some good info on Iraq's invasion of Kuwait and the first Gulf War.

http://m.theglobeandmail.com/news/w...ics-any-better/article2240865/?service=mobile

http://www.npr.org/templates/story/story.php?storyId=7332087

http://www.csun.edu/~vcmth00m/iraqkuwait.html

12. garyd

garyd Well-Known Member

The point was clear as was the explanation. We have no reason to fear them going on the Gold standard though Europe certainly does.

13. headhawg7

headhawg7 Well-Known Member

What happens if the dollar loses reserve status? What happens if the emerging market economies such as the BRIIC nations make a strong push for this?

14. woodystylez

woodystylez Banned

Nearly everyone knows that my only political talking drive is war. I can't believe that all of this unnecesary war is so easy to explain. I'm blown away right now. I don't know if I will sleep tonght. This isn't conspiracy theory this is statistics and announced future statistics. EVERYONE on this forum is arguing the same points and it all points to this. Again, I'm blown away.

15. Woogs

Woogs Well-Known Member

The US dollar is the official trading currency of OPEC. OPEC is the linchpin for us maintaining the USD's status as world's reserve currency. It is that status that has allowed us to maintain our debt load without massive devaluation of our currency.

If the USD was no longer the world's reserve currency, it has been estimated that it would lose 20-40% of its value suddenly. We will do the Sunni's (OPEC's) bidding in order to maintain world's reserve status.

The big lie is that Israel is our closest ally in the ME. Israel serves only as a moral crutch to mask the real reason for our interventions in the ME. Fact is, OPEC has us by the balls and we will find a justification to do its bidding.

16. headhawg7

headhawg7 Well-Known Member

Glad to see somebody waking up right before my eyes. I too woke up after no WMD's were found in Iraq and I am quite embarrassed admitting I was ever suckered into it in the first place. The media does a good job promoting it.

17. woodystylez

woodystylez Banned

Everything I've been studying for years has had a little gap in it.

This fills that gap. And on dozens and dozens of levels. Not just war. Currency;why haven't we hit bottom and why do some want us to go gold? Things like that. My skin is crawling.

Thanks for being here Woogs.

18. Woogs

Woogs Well-Known Member

An immediate massive devaluation of the USD.

Despite all our efforts, our reign as world's reserve may be coming to an end by way of China.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

On Sept. 11, Pastor Lindsey Williams, former minister to the global oil companies during the building of the Alaskan pipeline, announced the most significant event to affect the U.S. dollar since its inception as a currency. For the first time since the 1970's, when Henry Kissenger forged a trade agreement with the Royal house of Saud to sell oil using only U.S. dollars, China announced its intention to bypass the dollar for global oil customers and began selling the commodity using their own currency.

Lindsey Williams: "The most significant day in the history of the American dollar, since its inception, happened on Thursday, Sept. 6. On that day, something took place that is going to affect your life, your family, your dinner table more than you can possibly imagine."

"On Thursday, Sept. 6... just a few days ago, China made the official announcement. China said on that day, our banking system is ready, all of our communication systems are ready, all of the transfer systems are ready, and as of that day, Thursday, Sept. 6, any nation in the world that wishes from this point on, to buy, sell, or trade crude oil, can do using the Chinese currency, not the American dollar.

This announcement by China is one of the most significant sea changes in the global economic and monetary systems, but was barely reported on due to its announcement taking place during the Democratic convention last week. The ramifications of this new action are vast, and could very well be the catalyst that brings down the dollar as the global reserve currency, and change the entire landscape of how the world purchases energy.

http://www.examiner.com/article/dol...rrency-as-china-begins-to-sell-oil-using-yuan

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Dark times lie ahead for the U.S. dollar as its future as the world’s reserve currency looks to be in great jeopardy. For more than 50 years the U.S. dollar has been the chief monetary instrument used by the nations of the world to facilitate trade involving commodities such as petroleum, manufactured products, and gold. But the times are changing and many of these nations, with China at the forefront, are finalizing trade agreements that utilize only their own currencies.

So it appears that the reign of the U.S. dollar as the world’s reserve currency will, quite likely, be coming to an end within the next ten years. It is certainly no surprise that China, widely considered to be the premier economic power of the future, is wasting no time in exerting its growing power and influence in these matters. China is actively working with nations in Asia, the Middle East and other regions of the world to bring dramatic changes to the way world commerce is conducted and money is exchanged.

Many of these countries who are moving away from the dollar no longer view America as a stable and reliable force on the world economic stage and they are seeking alternatives as a hedge against a severe future decline in the dollar’s value.

That China is the main facilitator of these moves to do away with the dollar is without question; the evidence is everywhere. Here are some specific examples of the various agreements that have been between China and other nations in recent times:

*China and Iran are creating a barter system by which Iranian oil will be exchanged for Chinese imported products. This is, quite obviously, an agreement designed to counter U.S. sanctions against Iran since China has no intention of discontinuing the importation of Iranian oil. Besides the barter system the two countries will also conduct trade using the Chinese yuan, the Iranian rial and gold.

*China and Japan announced plans to bypass the dollar and use their own currencies in their trade relations. Discussions involving a partnership between South Korea and China to exchange their currencies also have taken place. This is a huge development as China, Japan and South Korea are the dominant economic powers in that Asian region.

*China and Russia have, for more than a year, been conducting trade using rubles and the yuan.

*China and the United Arab Emirates (UAE) have announced an agreement which will use the yuan for oil trades. The Chinese National Bank said that this agreement, worth around $5.5 billion, was made to “strengthen financial cooperation, to promote trade and investments, and to mutually assure regional financial stability.”

*Russia and Iran have agreed to use rubles as a means of currency in their trades. Russia has joined China in opposing U.S. sanctions against Iran and fully intends to maintain a close relationship with Iran.

*China will pursue bilateral trades with Russia and Malaysia using the yuan, the ruble and the ringgit, respectively.

*The nations comprising the BRICS group (Brazil, Russia, India, China and South Africa) recently agreed at their summit meeting in Sanya, China, to establish mutual lines of credit in local currencies. This, again, is a very significant development since this group of nations represents a very powerful economic bloc going into the future.

*The United Nations Conference on Trade and Development has stated that “the current system of currencies and capital rules which binds the world economy is not working properly and was largely responsible for the financial and economic crises.” Further that “the dollar should be replaced with a global currency.”

http://economyincrisis.org/content/...-the-u-s-dollar-as-the-world-reserve-currency

19. woodystylez

woodystylez Banned

I was awake long ago. I just felt like I was the stupid one. I only connected the dots after watching the video I have in the primary post TODAY. It connects dots to almost everything I've hard in politics.

Both parties talk the same thing. The problem is they justify it when it happens to their party. Smoke and mirrors.

I'm an Independent free thinker. I rely on facts/statistics, not justifications and bs. I think that facts/statistics are building up and this will be exposed now. You two are the smart ones who saw it before me. I only rely on statistical facts which pointed me to you guys. Great work. Keep up the information. I have to sleep now. Thank god someone is informing people.

20. Woogs

Woogs Well-Known Member

Thanks for bringing it up again. The invasion of Libya got me to do the digging that connected the dots for me.

This is why I preach that we have to declare war on our debt. Our gravy days are over and a day of economic reckoning is fast approaching. This supercedes any partisan political interest. That our politicians still won't tell us the truth, or even admit it to themselves, is beyond sickening.

21. woodystylez

woodystylez Banned

Woogs and Headhog7. Should I invest in gold? Are we eventually going to need it? Or is this actually the purpose in fighting? So we don't have to go to the gold standard in order to buy oil?

22. Woogs

Woogs Well-Known Member

I don't have the funds to be investing, so haven't given it much thought. Even if I had a firm opinion, I wouldn't dream of telling others what to do with their money.

Frankly, what bothers me most is the social upheaval that will come if the Federal teat is suddenly yanked away. I could also in my mind concoct a plausible scenario for WW3, with Iran being the flashpoint. No telling what this country may do if the shoe drops suddenly.

Remember that, as the US goes, so goes Europe and really, all the debtor nations. Take a look here at the world debt chart and you can pretty much surmise the emerging new geo-political reality.

http://www.economist.com/content/global_debt_clock

If this shift is to come, it's in everyone's interest for it to happen gradually as to not shock the entire world's system. A sudden shift or any attempt at it would likely be very violent.

These are tense times we live in.

23. garyd

garyd Well-Known Member

Hedgehog they won't what other currency are they going to use the Euro? Europe outside of Germany is in as dire financial straits as the US. The Yuan? and lose the trade advantage of keeping the Yuan grossly underpriced? The Ruble is worse than the Yuan as far as China is concerned. No one sane really wants a gold standard these days. It places limits on your economic growth, and gives every other country in the world an unfair trade advantage vi a vis yourself. That's why the US abandoned the gold standard to begin with. If you want to enter the US market, still far and away the largest in the world, you still have to accept whatever curency the US government will accept.

If things get as bad as they'd need in order to make gold intuitively the only usable currency they will simultaneously be so bad that people won't ultimate trade a can of asparagus for a half a ton of gold for no other reason than the fact that you can actually eat asparagus.

By the way if you wish to invest in gold don't buy it because you think you may someday need it for money do it because you think you can sell it a year from now for more than what you paid for it.

24. garyd

garyd Well-Known Member

hedgehog, We could be energy independent in ten years if we simply develope what is readily avaialble in our own back yard. The SAudi royals need us far more than we need them. Hell the (*)(*)(*)(*) crazy ass wahabbist were possibly a tar baby created by the Saudi Royals that went rogue on them.

25. woodystylez

woodystylez Banned

You are smart as hell. What part are you in? Dont tell me if you don't want.

You mentioned that WWIII could start with Iran being the flashpoint. My very last thread was about exactly that.

It's good to see other free thinkers out there.