So when will Christmas be banned from America?

Discussion in 'Opinion POLLS' started by RightToLife, Dec 10, 2012.

?

When will the real christmas become non-existant

1. 2020 or before

4 vote(s)
    7.1%
  2. 2050-2100

4 vote(s)
    7.1%
  3. 2100-2500

1 vote(s)
    1.8%
  4. 3000

2 vote(s)
    3.6%
  5. never

45 vote(s)
    80.4%
  1. RightToLife

RightToLife New Member

By Christmas, I mean the real story of christmas. Not santa claus/north pole/elves and all that crap. I'm talking about the Christian story about Jesus. So when will that be banned?

2. Wolverine

Wolverine New Member Past Donor

It won't be.

Jump down.
    Get off your (*)(*)(*)(*)ing cross.
    We need the (*)(*)(*)(*)ing space,
    To nail the next fool martyr.
    - Eulogy

3. RightToLife

RightToLife New Member

I dunno about that

4. Wolverine

On what basis?

5. RightToLife

RightToLife New Member

idk.... I just see the real christmas story dying away. Banning of nativity scenes in certain places... I also feel as though the story of Jesus isn't being told as much on TV, and other places. Young kids (my age) generally against the church.... Even with evolution and science. I feel like theyres a war on christianity

6. Wolverine

All religious displays are barred on public property.

Not just Christian displays.

You are not being persecuted, you are simply being treated like everyone else.

7. stekim

stekim New Member

I did not vote because the thread is so stupid. And not to nitpick here, but "Christmas" was celebrated before the holiday was co-opted and renamed by the Christians.

http://www.history.com/topics/christmas

8. RightToLife

RightToLife New Member

if you read the thread. you would realize I was talking about the Christian aspect of christmas. not the santa clause/rain deer crap.

9. stekim

stekim New Member

It's still a stupid thread. I live in a state where nearly everyone claims to be Christian. So I think the baby Jesus will be sticking around. No need to panic.

BTW: Santa and Jesus are both equally made up.

10. SFJEFF

SFJEFF New Member

Never.

11. Captain America

Captain America New Member

Time to change the channel away from FOXNews for a while. Christmas is alive and well here in my blue state.

Remember, these folks trying to brainwash you on the "War on Christmas," are the same people who tried to brainwash you that Romney was gonna be our next president, without a doubt.

"Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life son." **** Dean Wormer - Animal House.

12. stekim

stekim New Member

Christmas is like a 2-month holiday! Granted, here in the Bible belt Jesus is front and center all year. Christmas actually provides a little break because Santa and snowmen, etc. make an appearance.

13. Bain

Bain New Member

Christmas is about Santa Claus, north pole, elves, Rudolgh the red nose raindeer and will never be banned.

14. AKR

AKR New Member

It won't need to be. We're just going to kill off all of the Christians. On Christmas day when you're all sitting around your Christmas trees, us atheists and democrats (who am I kidding, all democrats hate god, right?) will be starting our military strike. THE WAR ON CHRISTMAS WILL FINALLY BE FULLY REALIZED AND THERE WILL BE NO ONE LEFT TO TELL THE STORY!!11

I feel I've said to much.

15. Captain America

Captain America New Member

Love your sense of humor bro. Merry Christmas to you!

16. stekim

stekim New Member

Christmas Eve mass is always a good time. They tend to show up in large numbers. Good bang for the buck.

17. Gorn Captain

Gorn Captain Banned

There will always be a War on Christmas....as long as we have Fox News to watch.

Da-who doris, da-who doris....welcome welcome War on Christmas....da-who doris, da-who doris...Bill O'Reilly says you're here....

[​IMG]

18. RightToLife

RightToLife New Member

who ever said I watch fox news? in fact ive never really seen fox news to be completely honest with you besides a few clips here & there on MSNBC.

Oh no I havent "acquired" the realization of the war on christmas by watching a box of moving pictures lol.... i see and hear it with my own two eyes by seeing my peers, relatives, school system, and pretty much everywhere I look there seems to be a war against the story of Jesus

19. RightToLife

RightToLife New Member

lol.... like atheist nerds, gays, minorities, and geeks would even put up a fight against the conservative christians.

20. FreshAir

FreshAir Well-Known Member Past Donor

Mexico is 98% Christians... aren't they already banned from America by the right?

21. FreshAir

the ironic thing, the only ones who have ever accomplished making Christmas illegal were Christians themselves, Atheists could never of accomplished that

"Christmas history in America"

http://www.thehistoryofchristmas.com/ch/in_america.htm

"The pilgrims, English separatists that came to America in 1620, were even more orthodox in their Puritan beliefs than Cromwell. As a result, Christmas was not a holiday in early America. From 1659 to 1681, the celebration of Christmas was actually outlawed in Boston. Anyone exhibiting the Christmas spirit was fined five shillings."

"It wasn’t until the 19th century that Americans began to embrace Christmas. Americans re-invented Christmas, and changed it from a raucous carnival holiday into a family-centered day of peace and nostalgia. "

22. bclark

bclark Well-Known Member

Lenin never wanted to ban religion. Just minimize it's influence on our lives. When religion is gone, it can be replaced with the love of state.

Matthew 6:24
    "No one can serve two masters. Either he will hate the one and love the other, or he will be devoted to the one and despise the other. You cannot serve both God and Money.

23. RightToLife

RightToLife New Member

by coming here illegal? of course they are.... why would anyone in their right mind reward someone for committing a crime? such as jumping over the border illegally. and why on earth would that same person punish those who choose to try to immigrate here legally.... from say Africa. Where it takes them 10 years to immigrate here 100% legal. while on the other hand a mexican can just hop the border illegally over night. and on top of that, they dont have to pay taxes!

24. FreshAir

I misread the title at first, I thought it said when will Christians be banned from America, and I thought that was ridiculous, so I showed a case where they already were and that is as close as Christians will ever be to being banned in America

25. RightToLife

RightToLife New Member

you failed tho. mexicans arent "banned" from america.... they should be banned from comming here illegally, just like everyone else is. Saying conservative want to ban mexicans is like saying liberals want to ban Africans & europeans & asians because they grant illegals amnesty while it takes 10+ years for an immigrant from Africa to come here through the legal process. where is the justice in that?