Astromythology and the Birth of Jesus

Discussion in 'Religion & Philosophy' started by Durandal, Dec 11, 2012.

1. Durandal

Durandal Well-Known Member Donor

It's that magical time of the year, and so...

[video=youtube;nLMgiRHJawU]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nLMgiRHJawU[/video]

This is a very short video detailing how Christ's birth appears to be of astrological origin.

Perhaps most remarkable is just how terribly appropriate Dec. 25th, and NOT Dec. 21st, the official day of Winter Solstice, is for the celebration of the sun's birth. You see, as I've mentioned elsewhere, the sun stops its descent at Winter Solstice for about 3 days, the period of time when Jonah was in the whale's belly and Christ was in Sheol, Hades or where ever. Of course, that's a year's solar journey away from the events of the sun's "birth." At this birth, this nativity event, it isn't the sun reaching its low point that matters so much as its ascent from that position. It is when it begins its ascent that the sun is born or reborn. So, Dec. 21, + 3 days at lowest point, + day following that = Dec. 25 :thumbsup:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Winter_solstice
    [​IMG]

According to this, the sun will be at solstice starting at 11:12 UTC on Dec. 21, 2012. It will stay there for three days, after which it will be born or reborn.

2. ctarborist

ctarborist Banned

I find this to be a rather silly little clippet that has nothing to do with the dating of Christmas, If you're really interested in the astronomy behind the star of Bethlehem you should watch the movie "The star of Bethlehem" its rather amazing. I'm quite sure you can get it from netflix, but not positive.

3. Durandal

Durandal Well-Known Member Donor

What do they say about it? Granted, this video is short and doesn't explain much about the Gospel's astrological origins, but then there's a lot more to be learned about that. One of the links in my sig - www.usbible.com - is chock full of information about the bible and astrology.