adam lanza used an assault rifle

Discussion in 'Current Events' started by dujac, Dec 16, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. dujac

dujac Well-Known Member

this is for those people in the other thread that said lanza didn't use an assault rifle

if these kinds of weapons weren't made available to civilians, this sort of thing would be preventable

[​IMG]

Assault rifle used during Sandy Hook massacre

(CBS News) NEWTON, Conn. - It's still unclear what -- if any -- connection suspected gunman Adam Lanza's mother had to Sandy Hook Elementary School, the scene of the mass murder on Friday. But we do know the weapons Adam Lanza used to kill his victims came from her home.

As new details emerge, the scope of the horror expands. Lanza apparently sprayed two classrooms at the school with relentless fire from a semi-automatic assault rifle.

It was a massacre, and most of the victims were first-graders. Autopsies on the bodies of the children reveal that many, if not all, had been shot multiple times.

http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-18563_162-57559416/assault-rifle-used-during-sandy-hook-massacre/

2. exotix

exotix New Member Past Donor

It looks to be like this one ... M4 ... just not engraved by the NRA in tribute ...

[​IMG]

3. Casper

Casper Banned at Members Request Past Donor

Does it matter? I can fire two semiauto handguns faster than I can one semiauto rifle, and use heavier calibers in the process. Maybe mom should have locked hers away as a responsible gun owner would do with a mentally ill son in the house.

4. kenrichaed

kenrichaed Banned

Still, assault weapons are used in less than 1% of homicides in the US and those are just government figures you can't dispute. If you wanted to really put a dent in firearm deaths you would need to ban the culprits most responsible such as the Smith and Wesson 48 revolver, hunting rifles, and shotguns. Not assault weapons.

5. Hoosier8

Hoosier8 Well-Known Member Past Donor

Typical garbage from the know nothing media. An AR-15 is not an assault rifle but an "assault style" rifle, in other words, cosmetics. In no way is it an assault rifle but a rifle. Another report had the rifle in the car and the shooter using two 9mm handguns in the assault.

6. DonGlock26

DonGlock26 New Member Past Donor

Assault rifles are fully automatic by definition. That is a semi-automatic rifle with a box magainze no different from a semi-auto deer rifle. Deer rifle calibers are actually more powerful.

7. Alwayssa

Alwayssa Well-Known Member

If you really want to put a dent on gun deaths, one needs to properly secure such weapons from anyone who might use them for possible harm. This would include small children, adult children who do not own the weapon, or use of technology so that only the owner can fire the weapon. Additionally, anyone who purchases any firearm must have at least 8 hours or more of gun safety on any weapon purchased.

And for assault weapons, it has to be more than background checks on the individual who purchases the weapon.

8. DonGlock26

Yep, I've read that he only used two handguns. Progressives will be soooooooo disappointed.

But, if he only had handguns, a teacher armed with a handgun had a good chance of stopping him.

9. DonGlock26

To buy an assault weapon, you need an ATF full automatic weapon license.

10. Alwayssa

This is technically an assault rifle whether one is demi automatic or fully automatic. The primary function and use of such weapon should be the key determining factor whether a gun is defined as an assault weapon or not.

11. Alwayssa

Yes, and that is a class 3 license from the ATF.

BTW, I have one actually.

12. Politics Junky

Politics Junky Banned

Oh, what a relief. I'm going to try and get in touch with some of the parents who's children got shot in the head. They will be relieved to know it was only an "assault style" gun that splattered their kids' brains all over the wall.

13. L Bo

L Bo New Member

What do the words "as new details emerge" mean to you? And yeah, we learned of this just after the ME came out to indicate everyone was killed with a "long gun" not the handguns reported to be found at the scene. We also learned of it in the various threads already created on this topic, but thanks for starting another new thread on it.

Maybe you missed EVERY news article that said "two handguns found at the scene" and "one rifle in the car" was found and don't understand what "As new details emerge" means. Do you have a source showing a rifle was found inside the school before the ME spoke?

14. kenrichaed

kenrichaed Banned

I agree with you on this. You can never have enough gun training and security should always be a top priority.

15. DivineComedy

DivineComedy Well-Known Member

Chuck Schumer actually said something smart today on Face the Nation.

Admit we have a right to bear arms, in every State and Every City, which is something that has been lacking for years from the liberal side, and it is easier to convince people on some restrictions.

BUT, that sentence of yours would apply to a five shot revolver or a single shot plinker. So try again.

16. Margot

Margot Account closed, not banned

At least 7 of the children were killed with the long gun... Most of the children had between 3 and 11 wounds. The long gun was also on the floor in the school.

17. DonGlock26

Sorry, that's not how definitions work.

18. Foolardi

Foolardi Well-Known Member Past Donor

I wonder how the Liberal Teachers Union will act and respond when they find out a fellow
    teacher { Adam's Mommy } found it necessary to possess an Assualt Rifle.
    I wonder what the little runt creep Bloomberg will say,also.
    That the Lone Gunman's Mother had an assualt rifle.

19. dujac

dujac Well-Known Member

it was a bushmaster 223 assault rifle and it allowed lanza to spray relentless fire at the children

the doctor who did the autopsy says that some of the children had three to eleven wounds

most of the deaths came from the rifle fire, there's a video link in the op, here it is again

http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-18563_162-57559416/assault-rifle-used-during-sandy-hook-massacre/

20. DonGlock26

Source and link please.

21. Politics Junky

Politics Junky Banned

My God. Shooting a 6 year old 11 times! I don't know what the ultimate solution is but there at least needs to be a discussion about what we are doing with guns in this country. Even in the worst urban gangland killings I have NEVER heard of a 6 year old being shot 11 times. Is this number for real?

22. Hoosier8

So what if he used a Ruger Ranch Rifle, which is not considered an Assault Weapon? Same damage, different cosmetics and it was not covered under the previous AWB.

Your theatrics are pathetic and a disservice to intelligence.

23. CallSignShoobeeFMFPac

CallSignShoobeeFMFPac New Member

The gun-enthusiast mom who was the first victim shot by her wacko son is probably the most legally responsible for this massacre, and had she survived she would have likely been sued by the 26 other families who lost a loved one in the carnage.

It is too bad for Sandy Hook CT that she decided to buy a Bushmaster semi auto gas operated magazine fed high capacity rifle. These are called "assault weapons" in legislation designed to discourage their sales. Not "assault rifles" however. An assault rifle is an M-4 or an M-16, and fires either semi auto *or* fully auto by way of a selector switch.

It is also too bad that she did not keep a gun safe locked up and out of reach by her 20 year old wacko son.

I can fully understand her owning one single semi auto pistol to defend herself. But I cannot see why she owned several of them, as well as the assault weapon Bushmaster.

Bad choices made by the woman who was the first killed by her wacko son, who went on to kill 26 more.

24. Hoosier8

So what if he used a Ruger Ranch Rifle, which is not considered an Assault Weapon? Same damage, different cosmetics and it was not covered under the previous AWB.

Your theatrics are pathetic and a disservice to intelligence.

25. Margot

Margot Account closed, not banned

She wasn't a teacher.

She began buying up guns after her divorce.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.