Non Government Organizations as a threat to Democracy

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by Yazverg, Dec 25, 2012.

1. Yazverg

Yazverg Well-Known Member

Salute!

On the 20th of January there was a web-petition to Obama asking to add to Magnitsky-list some of the russian law-makers. Within a several days the 25 000 signatures were collected and the initiative appeared to be in the news and the White-House itself published an affirming answer to it.

This would possibly mean a big victory for the democracy but... I would like You to concentrate on several facts:
    1) The overwhelming majority of the names under the web-document were of Russian origin and a lot of these users still show that they live in Russian regions. The page was deleted so I can' t give a prooflink.
    2) The great many number of the initiatives on the web-site never get over 9000 votes. Even if they refer to really important, popular or just breaking news such as ban of automatic rifles, presence of guards during schooling hours, fasist and racist initiatives or petition to throw some mentally wrong foreign speaker out of the US. Here they are. Even posted the same time or earlier then the petition I talk of.
    3) to tell the truth the russian law which called such a reaction is referring to the orphants in only one chapter. And it is not even a central part of the whole law, which is mainly forbidding russian non-government organizations to receive any money from The USA! Did You know that? Guess not. But You can also check it, if You know Russian of course.
    4) To crown that all I need to say that these NGO are busy with teaching Russians a democracy... Which means that they are getting the money in return of their social activity. And this money is actually american. How much? I don't know. but I think You can find that out as long as the USA government is not less open than Russian. I read in a newspaper that since 2009 these NGOs received from 160 to 200 million USD. But Russia is not the only country in the world, so You can give way to your imagination to find out the costs.

Now. I know what democracy is. Democracy means that it is up to people to decide if they can possess weapons like they do in the US or cannot like we do in Russia. Both ways are acceptable since it is people who decide that. I also know that the world is undergoing a huge crisis which we have never had before and all the countries are economizing every penny on their people. And I also see that this fffu...nny play is produced in account of the US taxpayers by a tiny minority of my sorry to say co-citizens who play a "democracy" show for the world. I see that once they are asked just to act for free (or to find someone who can give them the money incide the country where they are acting) - they start to yell as if one try to rape them. And it happens even on the web-site which was promised by a US president for americans to solve their needs. And it happens that americans are neglected to the favor of these bull(*)(*)(*)(*)-spreaders. Guys! It's just unfair!

These crazy politicians are solving their own issues, buying tons of new weapons at our expence and by the end of the day they might find important to make us fight each other. Now I don't want that. So, please help me. Let us try to teach these guys a good lesson. A lesson of democracy. I believe we can do that.

1. If You don't agree with what You have just read - tell about your doubts. I am a human being and I also can make mistakes. Correct me, if You found a mistake, misprint, false facts or misleading conclusions.
    2. Please sign the petition I have in the same web-site if You do agree.
    3. Try to infrom about this your friends, relatives and so on. It will not make any harm if someone stops to teach You democracy right? So, there is no shame in spreading this word.
    4. If You don't like signing of helping to spread the petition, pls, feel free to give an advice what is better to do in such a situation to me. I would really really appreciate it.

Yours sincerely,
    Yazverg

2. Merwen

Merwen Well-Known Member

Does this somewhat prophetic post have anything to do with what happened in the Ukraine?

3. ArmySoldier

ArmySoldier Well-Known Member Past Donor

Read the date this was posted :)

4. Merwen

Merwen Well-Known Member

That's why it was prophetic.

5. ArmySoldier

ArmySoldier Well-Known Member Past Donor

Haha my bad I get it