now germany wants its gold back from france

Discussion in 'Latest US & World News' started by trucker, Jan 15, 2013.

1. trucker

trucker Well-Known Member Past Donor

im telling you germany knows theirs runaway inflation coming world wide and there getting prepared for it
    http://www.cbs12.com/template/inews_wire/wires.international/20e87ba2-www.cbs12.com.shtml

2. Jack Napier

Jack Napier Banned

They asked the US for a look.

I don't think they got it.

It's probably been stolen.

3. Jack Napier

Jack Napier Banned

. Almost half of Germany's gold is kept in Manhattan — deep in the heart of the Financial District at the New York Fed.

But some German politicians seem to be getting uncomfortable with trusting the US with this system. They want to actually see the gold, to make sure its still there. Some even want it back. A campaign called "Bring back our Gold" was launched in May, and seems to be making an impact on mainstream politics.

Read more: http://www.businessinsider.com/germany-wants-its-gold-back-2012-10#ixzz2I5fnHyOV

4. L Bo

L Bo New Member

This is a big deal, not sure why it's not being discussed. Well, no I am not surprised as there could be panic. Nothing like banksters turning on banksters, but if they are first who will be second? Who else do we hold gold for?

What I find odd is just three months ago everything was cool. Yeah they did want an audit, we gave them the finger instead, but the decision was made we would hold anyway. Fast forward to 3 months and now they want it back. I suspect we are seeing the days of fiat currencies soon disappearing, there is no faith or value in the greenback let alone our Federal Reserve and the politicians running the hen house.

Rule #1; If you are going to panic, panic first. They want their gold before the run on central banks begins.

- - - Updated - - -

This is a big deal, not sure why it's not being discussed. Well, no I am not surprised as there could be panic. Nothing like banksters turning on banksters, but if they are first who will be second? Who else do we hold gold for?

What I find odd is just three months ago everything was cool. Yeah they did want an audit, we gave them the finger instead, but the decision was made we would hold anyway. Fast forward to 3 months and now they want it back. I suspect we are seeing the days of fiat currencies soon disappearing, there is no faith or value in the greenback let alone our Federal Reserve and the politicians running the hen house.

Rule #1; If you are going to panic, panic first. They want their gold before the run on central banks begins.

5. Jeannette

Jeannette Well-Known Member Past Donor

When nations pull their wealth back in, it doesn't bode well for the world. Russia is having its government workers sell their investments in foreign nations and reinvest in Russia. It has also formed a union with other nations that will make it more powerful economically than the EU and it has freaked out Clinton.

Leading economists as well as the Strafor; the international intelligence agency, stated that wars will be breaking out this year, especially for debt ridden nations...and I think he meant Japan and the U.S., since we are both powerful militarily and the only way these problems are settled is through wars.

We have a situation in the Far East between Pakistan and India over Kashmir. The Indians are not so forgiving when it comes to having their men killed. Also there is the situation between China and Japan over islands, and both of these industrial giants are in need of the gas and oil in the territorial waters surrounding them.

The U.S. can't understand why the Chinese government is hoarding and storing large quantities of rice and other commodities? Also they are reinforcing their subways in a way that is reminiscent of the Cold War...so what gives?

The Eastern Mediterrean and the waters around Greece and Cyprus are now a powder keg because of the immense amount of oil and gas. Turkey who has imperial ambitions to revive its empire, together with Albania have threatened Greece not to declare its territorial sea rights officially to the U.N. and yet Greece must pay off its loans, so it has no choice. Greece has been advised by the Stratfor to prepare for an invasion. Watching carefully is Russia who has its own interests in the area, and has a defense agreement with Greece and Cyprus.

All this sounds similar to the treaties and alliances before WWI. :machinegun: :salute:

6. Jack Napier

Jack Napier Banned

Germany were total mugs not to keep it in Germany.

What if half of it was stolen, what could they actually do?

Nothing.

7. Jazz

Jazz Well-Known Member Past Donor

That is right, they could do nothing! I even wonder where they got the gold from in the first place. Germany was super poor after the 1st WW and still poorer after the 2nd.

For some time I believed the Americans stole the German gold right after the war. Rumor had it that they supposedly hauled it out of mine-shafts and hidden caves.

It is an issue about which the German Government keeps a tight lip and nobody knows anything for real.

Nevertheless, here is a link about the incredible treasures the Germans stole from besieged countries and, of course, from the millions of Jews they expropriated. Here is just one small example:

8. trucker

trucker Well-Known Member Past Donor

9. Jack Napier

Jack Napier Banned

Thanks for the item, it was interesting.

Of course, it can be said that gold has no real value, as such. More accurately, it has no real practical value. It is merely a vanity thing.

I still think Germany were utter fools to store their gold anywhere but in Germany. I think my previous item cited the 70's as when they started doing this. Was there something esp significant about that date, that caused them to?

10. Jazz

Jazz Well-Known Member Past Donor

Vanity? Then money would be vanity, too. Both, gold and money, are essential substitutes for barter items, neither one will feed nor clothe me.
    No, not really. Pretty much after the end of the 2.WW the Cold war started, which lasted until the collapse of the communist regime in Russia. At any time during those 40+ years, Germany could have and would have been the battleground. Nothing would have been safe.

The gold in New York was accumulated through heavy trade surpluses with the US. Instead of shipping the gold back and forth, it was simply left in the United States.
    I read that Germany now has decided to start bringing about 50 tons/yr back to Germany. They might need it now, or there is too much pressure from the German public. Who knows.

They also decided to totally remove their gold reserves from Paris.

I found an article, titled:

Frenzy in the Gold Market: The Repatriation of Germany’s Post World War II Gold Reserves

For the fun of it I would like to quote a short paragraph: "While national sovereignty and custody over Germany’s gold assets is part of the debate, several observers –including politicians– have begged the question: “can we trust the foreign central banks” (namely the US, Britain and France) which are holding Germany’s gold bars “in safe keeping”?... read all here > > >

http://www.globalresearch.ca/frenzy...manys-post-world-war-ii-gold-reserves/5319287
    To mind comes that by that time Germany probably experienced the "Wunderwirtschaft" and actually started to accumulate trade reserves. But...I'm not sure. Perhaps we could find some articles that would answer your question.

11. Gilos

Gilos Well-Known Member

Forgive my ignorance on the subject but what does it mean?

Are these steps to secure indevidual states in Europe in the event of collaposed Euro?

12. Third Eyientist

Third Eyientist Member

People speculate that massive global inflation will ensue and fiat currency will take a tremendous hit. The scary part is, Germany has been through this before. Can they see the writing on the wall?

13. Colonel K

Colonel K Well-Known Member

They're not exactly rushing things. The plan will take eight years to complete all the transfers.

14. Third Eyientist

Third Eyientist Member

Probably just more lip service to get the price of gold to go up more, but I wouldn't claim to know for sure...

15. flounder

flounder In Memoriam Past Donor

I just cant imagine why, our politicians did such a swell job with our Social security funds....

[​IMG]
    This lack of trust is most alarming.....

16. Jack Napier

Jack Napier Banned

No wonder there is no trust.

We are in the age of liars and thieves, in high office.

17. Abu Sina

Abu Sina New Member

The US will probably show the Germans a drawer with a few newly minted shiny Trillion $ coins in it :omg:

Wednesday, 16 January 2013

Obama’s Trillion-Dollar Coin Exposes Federal Reserve Scam

Amid an ongoing debate over raising the debt ceiling and Congress’ seeming inability to rein in wild deficit spending, some proponents of even bigger government proposed the minting of a $1-trillion platinum coin to get around stubborn lawmakers seeking budget cuts. Seriously. Originally, the Obama administration refused to rule it out when asked by reporters, leaving analysts to speculate about whether or not they would really do it.

Then, suddenly, the privately owned Federal Reserve put its foot down and killed the scheme. In a joint statement issued with the U.S. Treasury, the central banking cartel, which holds a virtual monopoly on currency production, said no way. The Fed would not accept such a coin even if the federal government were to mint it. While never mentioned in the mainstream media, the implications of the whole episode are enormous.

The idea of a trillion-dollar coin, of course, has been widely ridiculed and criticized, with analysts saying it sounded like something a certain Zimbabwean despot who flooded his country with $100-trillion Zimbabwe notes might try. Other commentators slammed the proposal as an unprecedented power grab by an out-of-control executive branch that needs to be urgently restrained — sooner rather than later — before it does any further damage to the nation and its government’s remaining credibility.

Even segments of the establishment media mocked the scheme. “In a town that specializes in stupid ideas, this one reached a new level of stupid,” wrote Washington Post opinion writer Marc Thiessen. “Think about it: If the president could really create a trillion dollars out of the ether simply by minting a single $1 trillion coin, why would we stop at one? We could mint 17 of these puppies and eliminate the national debt! Heck, we could mint 18 and have a trillion-dollar surplus!”

- - - Updated - - -

whose face would the US put on it's trillion $ coin? :mrgreen:

Jim Carey.............

YaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaraaaaaaaaaaaaaaaB!

18. GodTom

GodTom Well-Known Member Past Donor

You know the Administration already denied they're gonna make a trillion dollar coin, right?

19. Jack Napier

Jack Napier Banned

Does that mean they will then?

20. Liebe

Liebe Banned

Exactly. This is a natural development. At one time it made sense to have the gold in safer places due to the cold war with Russia and fears that it could be plundered. But times have changed and Germany is looking to bring its reserves home, as most countries do.

Nothing to do with the EURO or any crush. In fact experts are saying that the worst of the EURO crisis is over - to the dismay of the English. :cool:

21. dujac

dujac Well-Known Member

i'll bet you're wrong about that

what a joke, that's from 'the new american', the misinformation/propaganda mouthpiece for the john birch society

22. Jeannette

Jeannette Well-Known Member Past Donor

There were two factors. Germany was fearful that Pres. Reagans policy would lead to war, and they went bananas, :banana: literally. There were riots in Europe and especially in Germany since they would take the brunt of any conflict. Pres. Reagan believed that if we began a full force arms race, the Soviet Union could not keep up and collapse. Reagan was right, it did collapse.

The second factor was that we were in a deep recession, and again Pres. Reagan pulled us out of it with what the Democrats liked to call his 'voodoo' economics. Reagans economic policies is what gave us and the world the prosperity we have had until recently. :cheerleader: :gop: :cheerleader:

Funny how the Presidents the Europeans hate, turn out to be the best for us and the world, and the ones they love, turn out to be the worse. What is happening today is a perfect example.

23. Jack Napier

Jack Napier Banned

And that is why Germany suddenly decided it would be a good idea not to look after their own gold?

24. Toro

Toro New Member

This isn't a big deal.

West Germany originally moved it's gold out of the country in case it was ever invaded by the Soviets. Now, there are a lot of populist worries in Germany about the future of the euro, so they are pulling it back.

- - - Updated - - -

The New American isn't a particularly credible site.

25. Jack Napier

Jack Napier Banned

When was the last time Germany literally saw their gold?

How many years ago?