Rubio's Ridiculous Immigration Plan: So Bad, It Might Sink Amnesty

Discussion in 'Current Events' started by yes/no, Jan 20, 2013.

1. yes/no

yes/no New Member

2. Marine1

Marine1 Well-Known Member Past Donor

As long as amnesty doesn't include citizenship, I'm for it.

3. northwinds

northwinds Well-Known Member Past Donor

The Hispanics don't care anything about citizenship they just want the green card.......that gives them access to a drivers license and all access to all the social systems.......you know those social service systems that I have been paying into for 32 years without pulling a penny out. Now some 17 year old Mexican illegally crosses the border with his girlfriend and they pop out five kids and get food stamps, free medical care, "earned income tax credit" (I.e. a check from the Feds for having children).......Americans are the biggest suckers on the planet....

yes/no and (deleted member) like this.
  4. kenrichaed

kenrichaed Banned

You give amnesty without addressing illegal immigration then your just going to face the exact same problem again in 10 years.

Are you going to just give the next group amnesty also?

If that's the case why not just open the border now and be done with it?

5. yes/no

yes/no New Member

Why?

WHAT IS INSANITY?

Insanity is doing the same thing over and over and expecting different results.

Congress has passed 7 amnesties for illegal aliens, starting in 1986.

1. Immigration and Reform Control Act (IRCA), 1986: A blanket amnesty for some 2.7 million illegal aliens
    2. Section 245(i) Amnesty, 1994: A temporary rolling amnesty for 578,000 illegal aliens
    3. Section 245(i) Extension Amnesty, 1997: An extension of the rolling amnesty created in 1994
    4. Nicaraguan Adjustment and Central American Relief Act (NACARA) Amnesty, 1997: An amnesty for close to one million illegal aliens from Central America
    5. Haitian Refugee Immigration Fairness Act Amnesty (HRIFA), 1998: An amnesty for 125,000 illegal aliens from Haiti
    6. Late Amnesty, 2000: An amnesty for some illegal aliens who claim they should have been amnestied under the 1986 IRCA amnesty, an estimated 400,000 illegal aliens
    7. LIFE Act Amnesty, 2000: A reinstatement of the rolling Section 245(i) amnesty, an estimated 900,000 illegal aliens.

6. Radio Refugee

Radio Refugee New Member

John Derbyshire savaged this WSJ piece by my formerly respected Senator Rubio. It sounds like naked pandering and posturing for 2016.

Go screw, Marco. Wouldn't be the first time I voted for a POS fraud.

7. Marine1

Marine1 Well-Known Member Past Donor

There is no way we are going to deport 12 million illegals and we all know that. Allow them to register, be finger printed and give them amnesty to work in the US under existing labor laws. Make them pay taxes, but they would not be entitled to any welfare. Now we know who is here. If anyone else is caught and not registered, they get deported. Anyone registered and commits a felony, they go to jail or are deported. Then deported after release from jail. There should be no reason to have any further amnesties. If any want citizenship, they must leave the country and come in like anyone else.

8. Pred

Pred Well-Known Member

Sounds about as fair and reasonable as one could expect in a situation like we have. The first thing is shutting down the (*)(*)(*)(*) border already. I really don't understand whats so hard about this. We're pulling out troops by the thousand. Stick them on the border. Start shooting. It won't take too long before the point is made. Yank all federal aid from Mexico and every other country south of us, until they start controlling their own ^$**@!. Its enough already. Every person we catch sneaking over, gets a bill sent to their country of origin.

DC scum have to stop playing around for votes. DEAL with it already. Just granting 12 million people citizenship instantly is B.S, unless everyone in DC are the only ones paying for them once they plop onto welfare. The longer they delay the more Hispanics who flood over until we simply become Latin America, then we're all done and we're a 3rd world country. By then, our leaders don't care, because they're dead, and their offspring are living in compounds behind walls away from the hell they've brought.

9. Third Eyientist

Third Eyientist Member

That sounds like an excellent way to end this argument. We should open the borders and be done with it.

10. Third Eyientist

Third Eyientist Member

You really thought Rubio would keep your best interests at heart.... That's cute...

11. Radio Refugee

Radio Refugee New Member

It's usually the lesser evil, Crist v. Rubio was an easy call. This was very disappointing because Rubio was able to mouth the conservative words without the conservative core.

It all falls to my base line cynicism. Those that seek and can get elected to the office are almost always unfit for the office. Those best suited to the office want no part of the the scumbaggery inherent in the attainment and execution of same.

We are well and truly screwed.

12. yes/no

yes/no New Member

You just keep repeating the same thing over and over.

WHAT IS INSANITY?

Insanity is doing the same thing over and over and expecting different results.

Congress has passed 7 amnesties for illegal aliens, starting in 1986.

1. Immigration and Reform Control Act (IRCA), 1986: A blanket amnesty for some 2.7 million illegal aliens
    2. Section 245(i) Amnesty, 1994: A temporary rolling amnesty for 578,000 illegal aliens
    3. Section 245(i) Extension Amnesty, 1997: An extension of the rolling amnesty created in 1994
    4. Nicaraguan Adjustment and Central American Relief Act (NACARA) Amnesty, 1997: An amnesty for close to one million illegal aliens from Central America
    5. Haitian Refugee Immigration Fairness Act Amnesty (HRIFA), 1998: An amnesty for 125,000 illegal aliens from Haiti
    6. Late Amnesty, 2000: An amnesty for some illegal aliens who claim they should have been amnestied under the 1986 IRCA amnesty, an estimated 400,000 illegal aliens
    7. LIFE Act Amnesty, 2000: A reinstatement of the rolling Section 245(i) amnesty, an estimated 900,000 illegal aliens.