Part 2 of Post Your Tough Questions Regarding Christianity

Discussion in 'Religion & Philosophy' started by Mitt Ryan, Jan 22, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mitt Ryan

Mitt Ryan Well-Known Member

Part 2 a continuation of Part 1 of Post your tough questions pertaining to God/Jesus/Holy Bible and I will do my best to clarify and make sense of it to those who are unaware...I still have questions unanswered in Part 1 and so that's why there is a Part 2 after the moderators locked up Part 1.

I don't want my intentions to come across as converting you or whatever lol... but rather clear up things etc... so ask away.

2. Mitt Ryan

Originally Posted by Fugazi
    Explain how all human life came to be when there was only Adam & Eve, does god agree with incest and if so why is the human race not genetically weak due to in-breeding
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

During the early stages of mankind incest was not considered a sin and was not prohibited. In Gen. 1:28, God said to be fruitful and multiply and so there is little doubt that Adam’s sons and daughters had to have married their own sisters and brothers if the race was to populate the earth, but due to the purity of the race as evidenced also by the long length of life, there were no adverse effects as we see happening today.

Gradually, as the effects of sin took its toll on the human race, marrying one’s own sister, etc., began to create hereditary problems.

We then see God prohibiting a man from having sexual relations with his sister or half-sister as written in Leviticus 18:9.

3. Mjolnir

Mjolnir New Member

Why didn't God create us as equals, and how can God have free will if it's not possible for him to do wrong?

4. Mitt Ryan

Quote Originally Posted by dairyair:

Why did God choose Noah and his family as the only surviviors of the flood? Human survivors?
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Sometime between 2,000 and 3,000 BC, God, in His sovereignty, decided to purge the earth because earth's humanity had degenerated into an out of control wickedness a world gone wrong. God observed the extent of human wickedness and He saw everything they thought or imagined was consistently and totally evil.

God graciously chose to spare a single human family and a variety of representatives from the animal kingdom to repopulate the earth after the Flood waters receded. Noah, the patriarchal head of this chosen family, the man who "found grace in the eyes of the LORD" (Genesis 6:8), was commanded to build a massive ark.

This ark (a.k.a. Noah's Ark) was the implement of their salvation. In the aftermath, eight human survivors disembarked from the ark. These eight were all that remained of the human race: Noah, his wife, their three sons, and their sons' three wives.

5. Questerr

Questerr Banned

How is it that we have artifacts and historical accounts dating back to 3,000 BC IN CHINA that make no mention of everyone being dead, there being a worldwide flood, or all the animals coming from one mountain in the Middle East?

Side question: How could there possibly have been hundreds of thousands of people living in Egypt, millions living in India, and millions living in China within centuries of their only being 8 people in the world?

6. taikoo

taikoo Banned

How can anyone believe such lunacy as "noahs ark"?

7. WanRen

WanRen New Member Past Donor

All men (humans) are created equal, if you do that you would be committing a grave sin. It was because of Christianity that former slave owners started to release their slaves, slavery was finally abolish thanks to Christianity.

8. WanRen

The first humans and their 1st, 2nd up to maybe 4th generations were not genetically corrupted it was after the "sons of God" (fallen angels) started to take wives of daughters of men that human genetics become corrupt.

Genesis 6:2-7
    2 That the sons of God saw the daughters of men that they were fair; and they took them wives of all which they chose.

3 And the Lord said, My spirit shall not always strive with man, for that he also is flesh: yet his days shall be an hundred and twenty years.

4 There were giants in the earth in those days; and also after that, when the sons of God came in unto the daughters of men, and they bare children to them, the same became mighty men which were of old, men of renown.

5 And God saw that the wickedness of man was great in the earth, and that every imagination of the thoughts of his heart was only evil continually.

6 And it repented the Lord that he had made man on the earth, and it grieved him at his heart.

7 And the Lord said, I will destroy man whom I have created from the face of the earth; both man, and beast, and the creeping thing, and the fowls of the air; for it repenteth me that I have made them.

9. dairyair

dairyair Well-Known Member

Noah was righteous, but still a sinful man, as I assume his family was as well. Did God think there would be no more evil? He had to know man would repopulate and the same outcome was going to happen.
    So I don't get the reason for wiping out almost all of the human race only to have it become exactly like it was.

10. dairyair

What. You got any proof to back up your claim?

11. dairyair

What generation was noah? Obviously there was incest after the flood.

12. Mitt Ryan

Quote Originally Posted by Colonel K:

He promised his disciples he'd return in their lifetime. He's 2,000 years overdue.
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

No, you are wrong, it is a misconception of the Scripture by who else?...by the atheists, agnostics and other enemies of the Christian faith. And so He is not at all overdue by 2,000 years.

Enemies of the Christian faith would like that to be the case but again its a losing battle to try to discredit the Christian faith. Our Lord Savior Jesus Christ shall return for His 2nd coming, but we just don't know which generation it will be in for He never gave us an exact date and so we Christians still wait eagerly for our Master's return!

13. Mitt Ryan

Quote Originally Posted by The Wyrd of Gawd:

Man was made for conflict and war. Being peaceable is against human nature
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------

But when Jesus returns there will finally be peace on earth!

14. Mr_Truth

Mr_Truth Well-Known Member

I couldn't find whether you answered my question re polygyny. If you did please give me direct link. Thanx ....

15. dairyair

OT - how does one post a direct link to a previous post?

16. Mr_Truth

Mr_Truth Well-Known Member

I think you click on the number of the post --- on yours, for example, click on # 15 and it will give url.

- - - Updated - - -

.... or you can just re post the answer you gave.

17. Ctrl

Ctrl Well-Known Member Past Donor

So... again... times are tough. We are considering selling our daughter into slavery in the Sudan, where there is no law against it.

What does the bible subscribe in this circumstance?

18. Ctrl

Ctrl Well-Known Member Past Donor

Because I am confused by Exodus 21

I am worried that if I sell my daughter into slavery, she might not be freed in 6 years... it just seems... I dunno... somehow unfair.

19. Mitt Ryan

Was Mary, mother of Jesus, born without sin?
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

If you are asking if she was sinless throughout her entire life the answer is no. Scripture tells us only our Lord Savior Jesus Christ was sinless throughout His entire life.

20. Mitt Ryan

How old is human kind?

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The bible doesn't specifically tell us but I can tell you that I don't agree with what the atheist scientist theorized it to be.

21. Mitt Ryan

Where is eternal life?
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Are you looking for something like a street address?...lol

Eternal life which is the 2nd phase of our existence is either in heaven or hell. Depending on what an individual chooses is the first step. If you believe in Jesus Christ as your Lord Savior you are choosing heaven.

If you do not believe in Jesus Christ as your Lord Savior you are choosing hell.

This is just saying it in general terms, it is really dependent on God's Judgment.

22. Mjolnir

Mjolnir New Member

Missing the point, I think. Why did God create us to be aggressive if he wanted us to be peaceful?

23. WanRen

God chose Noah because Noah was willing to listen and believe in God and God gave the people a chance but they all refuse to listen to Noah, just like now there are still many people who refuse to listen, they ridicule, laugh at us for trying to save them.

24. WanRen

Yes I do, the Catholic church has issue several documents speaking out against slavery, thousands of Catholics have died to protect and free slaves. Christians have fought and died to free slaves. John F Kennedy, Eisenhower, Lyndon Johnson and the most famous of them all Abraham Lincoln spoke and acted against slavery and he acted base on Christian faith.
    [video=youtube;F_PfTl63qQQ]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F_PfTl63qQQ[/video]

25. WanRen

Yes there was already incest even before the flood that was one reason for the flood.
    Noah would probably be of the 9th or 10th generation;

Genesis 5:2-32
    27 And all the days of Methuselah were nine hundred sixty and nine years: and he died.

28 And Lamech lived an hundred eighty and two years, and begat a son:

29 And he called his name Noah, saying, This same shall comfort us concerning our work and toil of our hands, because of the ground which the Lord hath cursed.

30 And Lamech lived after he begat Noah five hundred ninety and five years, and begat sons and daughters:

31 And all the days of Lamech were seven hundred seventy and seven years: and he died.

32 And Noah was five hundred years old: and Noah begat Shem, Ham, and Japheth.

And after the flood, humanity has to re-start and because Noah's family were the chosen ones and were task to repopulate the earth their genes were more pure than those who perished and were practising incest before the flood.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.