Out of 13,950 only 23 article peer reviewed articles dispute Man Made Climate Change

Discussion in 'Current Events' started by Trumanp, Feb 25, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Trumanp

Trumanp Well-Known Member Past Donor

So, based on a study of peer reviewed/published articles by scientists, dating from January 1st 1991, through November 12th 2012 a total of 13,950 were examined, yet only 23 of them, or .16% (don't miss the decimal point) disagreed with the concept of man made climate change in one form or another.

http://thecontributor.com/why-climate-deniers-have-no-scientific-credibility-one-pie-chart

There is one caveat, when you read some of the articles that are published many of them do have different definitions on how extreme the changes are, that is probably the biggest bone of contention among scientists at this point is the level of change, not whether it's taking place.

I think all people regardless of political bent need to pay attention to this, and stop trying to look for that rare scientist who flat out denies the possibility of climate change and think about this a bit more. There's is a tremendous amount of data out there now, and they take into consideration solar cycles, natural CO2 changes, earth's orbital changes, etc... all these variables would need to be accounted for else these scientists get laughed out of the community.

We need to stop playing armchair quarterback on these issues, read some of these reports and realize that these people for the most part are independent scientists with no political agenda, other than perhaps wanting to preserve the world for their children and grandchildren.

The hubris of some of the political names in this country, much less the political blowhards like Hannity, Limbaugh and their ilk who would have the people immediately call these people liars without actually doing any real reading themselves and only promoting those few rare individuals who are more crank than scientist is a serious concern.

Hate to tell you anti-climate changers, but Man has played a hand in the mess. Man may not be totally at fault be we sure as heck aren't helping matters any.

2. camp_steveo

camp_steveo Well-Known Member

All scientists use to believe the world was flat too.

3. Hoosier8

Hoosier8 Well-Known Member Past Donor

What would you expect when the politically connected scientists that benefit from government grants are doing the peer reviewing. They can deny peer reviewing anything they want to.

4. Gorn Captain

Gorn Captain Banned

Think about this.....the Climate Change DENIERS?......had to vote for this guy-

By Ros Krasny

MANCHESTER, New Hampshire | Fri Jun 3, 2011 12:52pm EDT

MANCHESTER, New Hampshire (Reuters) - Presidential hopeful Mitt Romney broke with Republican orthodoxy on Friday by saying he believes that humans are responsible, at least to some extent, for climate change.

"I believe the world is getting warmer, and I believe that humans have contributed to that," he told a crowd of about 200 at a town hall meeting in Manchester, New Hampshire.

"It's important for us to reduce our emissions of pollutants and greenhouse gases that may be significant contributors."

http://www.reuters.com/article/2011/06/03/us-campaign-romney-idUSTRE7525GM20110603

5. Mac-7

Mac-7 Banned

At one time only two people were willing to admit that they thought the earth rotated around the sun.

6. Munqi

Munqi New Member

There are so many promising new energy technologies out there that i personally dont give a rats ass about GW. The market will solve it. Find a new crusade.

7. Durandal

Durandal Well-Known Member Donor

Far as I know, it's apparent and freely acknowledged that CO2 levels have tended to follow rather than precede climate shifts in the past. It is also known and acknowledged that earth's climate has undergone severe changes in the past, long before we came along and started burning fossil fuels.

So, how has it been established that humans are responsible for global warming- er, we now mean climate change? The climate is always changing, and we don't always know why..

8. Gorn Captain

Gorn Captain Banned

Yes, we should only trust "scientists" who get PRIVATE grants from front groups created by Big Oil, like the Competative Enterprise Institute.

9. Trumanp

Hate to tell you this, but it wasn't typically scientists that held that belief and communications and science have come a long way since then.

Of course we could just get out our bibles and pray that grandma gets over that stroke, heart attack or what ever instead of allowing a learned individual help them, like a doctor.

Are scientists totally infallible? Absolutely not, but when you have this large of a data pool and literally thousands of technical people sharing the same theme I tend to give their word credence over the political pundits from the loud mouth channel on what's real and what isn't.

So what we have is Fox news comes up with one of the rare cranks who disagrees, parades him across their network and all of the sudden the 99% of scientists who agree on climate change are suddenly nullified.

10. webrockk

webrockk Well-Known Member Past Donor

A whole 13,950 mostly government grant dependent leftie academics?
    Well, that settles it. We need to give the UN a few hundred trillion dollars so they can save the children from the climate.

11. Questerr

Questerr Banned

False.

Stop lying to try and support your fake science.

12. Trumanp

That's quite a story you have so let's look at some of the other facts.

It took millions of years for the Carbon that is our fossil fuels to become sequestered as Coal, Oil, etc... We as a race are now releasing that CO2 at an accelerated rate that there is. We as a race are in uncharted territory here.

And to ignore the data that scientists are collecting is as bad as sticking one's head in the sand as a forest fire rages.

13. Trumanp

It's hilarious that when scientist develop something like the atomic bomb that ends a war they are seen as brilliant men, who were coincidentally funded by our government. But when scientists are researching something like climate change they are now sniveling back stabbers with political agendas.

People need to question scientific results and study them, but in the end having a complete distrust because we see that there is conclusive evidence that we made a big mess and it's going to be costly to clean it up is pretty pathetic.

- - - Updated - - -

Show me proof of that.

In those times people also thought that bad humors caused the plague, when all it turned out to be was fleas and the bacteria that inhabited them.

14. Durandal

Durandal Well-Known Member Donor

Granted, we're releasing plenty of CO2. I also hear that volcanoes dwarf our output in this regard, but I digress.

I don't think anyone is ignoring data. Speaking of the data, I've heard that warming has ceased and we've been on a cooling trend of late. However, I haven't gone after the hard data to see who's right about what. I think it would be hard to get passed the various biased reports from both sides and find that data in an easily digestible format, anyway.

15. Cubed

Cubed Well-Known Member Past Donor

Myth.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Myth_of_the_Flat_Earth

16. Mac-7

Mac-7 Banned

The difference is the scientists on the Manhattan Project had to build a bomb in 3 years that would actually work.

Whereas these lib environmentalists can just idle around their laboratories for the rest of their career without producing anything.

17. DonGlock26

DonGlock26 New Member Past Donor

Scientists thought the universe was static until Einstein and Edwin Hubble set things straight. This caused the atheists in science all kinds of heartburn because a singularity pointed toward an unmoved mover.

And, what about atomic theory before quantum mechanics? I wouldn't put my faith in the herd instinct of anyone especially with the closing of the Western mind with political correctness.

18. Wizard From Oz

Wizard From Oz Banned at Members Request

Actually no they didn't as far back as 700BC the Greeks had worked out it was round

19. Radio Refugee

Radio Refugee New Member

Wow. That's a lot of articles.

Find me just one where Ho = climate change is a natural event and is rejected. Only need one. I've been begging for this for years. Where is it?

20. Taxcutter

Taxcutter New Member

But in this business all the "peers" are Warmers. Thus, peer review is biased and worthless.

Have you sold this idea to the Chinese yet?

21. Wizard From Oz

The issue is not about if the climate changes, but the rate at which it has been changing because of the extra CO2 humans are introducing at this point of the cycle. The more gradual the change, the easier it is to cope. Humans have been doing that for 20,000 years. But if the monsoons for instance fail in a period of decades rather than centuries the results will be catastrophic for the human population.

22. BestViewedWithCable

BestViewedWithCable Well-Known Member

Climate Change is BS.

We dont have a greenhouse gas problem.

The CO2 concentrations are .00387%.

The greenhouse effect is evident on other planets in our solar system.

Like, Mars: The Martian atmosphere is about 95% carbon dioxide

Like, Venus: Carbon dioxide 96.5%

So all yall liars can (*)(*)(*)(*).

Gimme a call when Earths Atmosphere gets to 1% carbon dioxide....

Should be in a coupla million years...

23. Wizard From Oz

Nonsense - thats like saying we should ignore all peer reviewed articles about gravity because the majority of scientists believe it exists.

24. Mac-7

Mac-7 Banned

A new Ice Age would be far worse than global warming.

25. camp_steveo

camp_steveo Well-Known Member

What caused the medieval warming period? It certainly wasn't a rapid increase in the release of CO2.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.