Sen.To Hannity:'The Worst Excuse For A Journalist I've Ever Seen'

Discussion in 'Current Events' started by Agent_286, Mar 2, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Agent_286

Agent_286 New Member

Sen. Ellison Explodes At Sean Hannity: 'The Worst Excuse For A Journalist I've Ever Seen' (VIDEO)

The Huffington Post | 02/27/2013 7:26 pm EST

“Sean Hannity got an earful from Democratic congressman Keith Ellison on his Tuesday show. Ellison exploded at the Fox News host, calling him "the worst excuse for a journalist I've ever seen."

What made Ellison so angry was a short series of clips of President Obama that Hannity ran just before bringing him on. The clips, which showed Obama talking about the looming budget sequester, were scored to the famously apocalyptic "Carmina Burana."

Hannity said Obama was guilty of fearmongering when he talked about the potential effects of the cuts the sequester would impose.
    After playing the clips, Hannity welcomed Ellison, who was in no mood to be chummy:

“HANNITY: I guess that's what we can describe as staying on message, something the Democratic Party I would argue is very good at.

ELLISON: You're pretty good at it too.

HANNITY: Thank you.

ELLISON: Quite frankly you are the worst excuse for a journalist I've ever seen.

HANNITY: I can't hear you.

ELLISON: You heard me.

HANNITY: No, say it again. I didn't hear you.

ELLISON: What you just displayed was not journalism, It was yellow journalism. It wasn't anything close to trying to tell the American people what's really going on, and I mean, it's just shocking.”

Things did not get friendlier from there. Ellison also called Hannity a "shill for the Republican party," an "immoral" man, and said he was violating "every journalistic ethic" in the book. Eventually, Hannity cut the interview short, saying it was a "waste of time" to continue.”

see video:
    http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/...ox-news_n_2772687.html?utm_hp_ref=mostpopular

IMO: It is wonderful when a Senator and an ‘accomplished journalist’ can talk on air and share their true feelings, dont’cha know...

Hannity still is the worst of the worst, spouting lies and smears without compunction as republicans have relinquished truth in order to cement a smear and Hannity, is the seediest of them all. Rush Limbaugh is in another category, labeled “crazy pedophile republican talk hosts.”

Why any celebrity or politician would ever go on Faux News is beyond my comprehension as it only gives republican pigs more information to slant and turn it around to suit their purposes, but Senator Ellison really did a terrific job in showing Hannity what he really thought of him.

Kudos to Senator Keith Ellison for sticking to the facts!

2. BestViewedWithCable

BestViewedWithCable Well-Known Member

Hannity isnt a journalist.

Hes a commentator.

3. webrockk

webrockk Well-Known Member Past Donor

Awww.....poor Ellison....made to look like the typical angry progressive fool who can't be asked to answer simple questions without flying off into a blubbering, disjointed, derailing rage....

and it's the question asker's fault...

4. Junkieturtle

Junkieturtle Well-Known Member Donor

Sadly, this is the truth. Like political commentators of any political leaning, their role isn't to provide objective news, it's to provide color and opinion. They aren't really under any real obligation to present things in a neutral manner. While I think Hannity is puke-in-a-bucket, Mr. Ellison's accusations don't really apply to him because he's not a real journalist(and as far as I know, does not claim to be).

5. BestViewedWithCable

I prefer bill oreilly, megan kelly, and Dana Perino

6. Yosh Shmenge

Yosh Shmenge New Member

Facts? What facts did Ellison bring up? We already got a thread going about Ellison's absurd melt down, by the way so you might want to shut this down.

7. CKW

CKW Well-Known Member

With the liberal "journalists" out there promoting themselves as objective----I don't blame Ellison not knowing the difference.

8. Agent_286

Agent_286 New Member

off topic removed

You appear upset that Senator Ellison told Hannity just what he thought of him, and Hannity is such a wuss he had no comeback to Ellison's statements. That is exactly what I detest about republicans...they love to smear, lie, invent, are totally immoral people, and continually throw mud...but when someone confronts them on it, they run for their little ratholes to escape.

9. BestViewedWithCable

Paul Krugman is a liberal "journalist" and hes got a serious proposal.

[video=youtube;CgAUW_zcN9k]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CgAUW_zcN9k[/video]

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CgAUW_zcN9k

10. Eighty Deuce

Eighty Deuce New Member Past Donor

So we made this guy an instant "Senator" for your thread ? All he has to do is show some liberal dumbassedness, and that makes him a Senator ?

Ellison was given enough rope, and he hung himself by his pathetic rant quite fine.

*******s ........ :roll:

11. Radio Refugee

Radio Refugee New Member

God save America is this scumbag becomes a Senator.

12. shinbone

shinbone New Member

Ellison is a complete anti-Semite tool of the Muslim faith. This despicable man has friends who call for death to white people-Ellison is an admirer of Louie Farrakhan another Muslim racist. Do some research on good old Keith-Kudos to Hannity for speaking the truth.

13. snakestretcher

snakestretcher Banned

Exactly right, and from what I've seen O'Reilly is an expert in shutting people down once he starts to lose his arguments. Plenty of examples of that weasel running and hiding-except that in O'Reilly's case it's usually accompanied with juvenile insults.

14. Yosh Shmenge

Yosh Shmenge New Member

mod edit ....off topic

Not upset so much as amazed that a United States member of Congress would start a childish "I know you are but what am I" exchange on national t.v.
    Apparently just showing clips of Obama, making well rehearsed, word for word speeches at multiple fear mongering sequester events was too much for Ellison to bear.

I watched (in amazement) the Ellison/Hannity exchange. The idea that Hannity "had no comeback" is absolutely false and perhaps you should watch tape of the event if you are going to do a thread on it.

We all have our opinions on the event. Apparently your opinion is totally colored by your biases.
    Hannity did not "invent" Obama's own remarks, he did not "run" from Ellison...far from it.

At least be smart enough to totally mischaracterize an event that wasn't broadcast to the nation. We all see what really happened.

15. Radio Refugee

Radio Refugee New Member

Just saw the video. Ellison couldn't have been a bigger impolite POS. That was stunning. He's also a mental midget compared to the moron Hannity. How do people elect such scumbags?

16. pocket aces

pocket aces Well-Known Member Past Donor

I was a Hannity listener for awhile and just had to stop because his interviewing style is so damn annoying. Anytime he has a guest or takes a call from someone with an opposing viewpoint he constantly interrupts them or talks over them. He should really stick to having people on that agree with him 100% or just take no calls at all.

17. Yosh Shmenge

Yosh Shmenge New Member

They're called democrat voters.

18. Marine1

Marine1 Well-Known Member Past Donor

Like the Left always saying they don't get a chance to give their views, because they are always being cut off. Did Hannity give him all the time he needed to vent? He vented so much, he ignored Hannity's question.

19. Radio Refugee

Radio Refugee New Member

Ellison got an uninterrupted 3 minute rant and would not yield after that for any Hannity question or comment. He couldn't have been a bigger prick. I have never seen a Representative act like such a POS previously. Ellison is scum to the core.

/

20. jackson33

jackson33 Well-Known Member Past Donor

Do you honestly believe Ellison, the GUEST, won any political points? He displayed the attitudes of what many people feel are those of the administration itself, my way or else. I doubt he will be invited to appear on Hannity's TV show or in fact his Radio Show, who often air far left wing advocates....

Just for the fun of it, you do know Hannity first HIT TV Show, was co-hosting with Alan Colmes, no less "far left" than Ellison, don't you?

21. Marine1

I would say Senator Ellison had all the time he wanted to talk.

22. BroncoBilly

BroncoBilly Well-Known Member Past Donor

Yeah, I noticed all the libturd loons attacking MSNBC for their "journalist opinion". The OP of this thread would gladly call for removing freedom of speech, just as this muslim loon Ellison.

23. webrockk

webrockk Well-Known Member Past Donor

I agree to an extent....I think he's a good guy with a good message, but his style annoys me too....he's repetitive and interrupts all guests...not just those with an opposing view.

To talk radio pundits, I'm a Mark Levin fan....he's got an insiders grasp on the foulness that is DC, and I love his rants!

24. Marine1

Sen.To Hannity:'The Worst Excuse For A Journalist I've Ever Seen'

Proves my point I have said before. Libs don't seem to know the difference of a journalist and a commentator

25. pocket aces

pocket aces Well-Known Member Past Donor

Colmes is no where near far left.

http://fair.org/extra-online-articl...vative-vs-a-quotliberal-to-be-determinedquot/

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.