Part 5 of Post Your Tough Questions Regarding Christianity

Discussion in 'Religion & Philosophy' started by Mitt Ryan, Mar 15, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mitt Ryan

Mitt Ryan Well-Known Member

Part 5 a continuation of Post your tough questions pertaining to God/Jesus/Holy Bible and I will do my best to clarify and make sense of it to those who are unaware...I still have questions unanswered in Part 2, 3, 4.

I don't want my intentions to come across as converting you or whatever lol... but rather clear up things etc... so ask away.

2. Mitt Ryan

Quote Posted by dairyair:

God is/may be the creator. But I don't think he's the inspiration of the bible
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

We Christians believe that God is indeed the one who inspired the Holy Bible.

3. gabriel1

gabriel1 New Member

our condolences

4. Mitt Ryan

Quote Posted by Woody:

Anything that conforms with the facts of reality.
    Well that pretty much leaves the bible out don't it? Hardly anything in it conforms to the facts of reality. Fairytale maybe, reality no
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

That is just your biased opinion which you are most certainly entitled to make, however let me remind you it's just your opinion and not a shred of evidence of it being factual.

5. Mitt Ryan

Quote Posted by AlphaOmega:

What will heaven be for me when I get there?
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------

You have been expressing your disbelief in God with such disdain and so it doesn't make sense for you to ask such a question.

However for the saved who will go there it will be heavenly bliss in paradise for all eternity!

6. Bishadi

Bishadi Banned

the toughest question ever read by a child, regarding christian beliefs.

If Jesus died for our sins, what happens now; he didnt stay dead?

There is no better earth shaker to comprehend than that one because it steps on most every beliefs of christians and the ONLY way to continue the beliefs is to lie to yourself.

It is like reading matt 16:20 and then say the christian creed. It just makes a person (every person) a liar!

7. Woody

Woody New Member

So be it. But notice I do not quote mine and cherry pick and I do not need the tales of sheep herders to tell me how to live. Opinions are like butt holes. Everybody has one it 's just that some are more butt hole than opinion.

8. Mitt Ryan

Quote Posted by Woody:

Hell is not a place of eternal torment or (*)(*)(*)(*)ation.
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Scriptures in the Holy Bible say it is. One such passage our Lord Savior Jesus Christ said,

"Then the King will turn to those on the left and say, Away with you, you cursed ones, into the eternal fire prepared for the devil and his demons.

For I was hungry, and you didn't feed me. I was thirsty, and you didn't give me a drink. I was a stranger, and you didn't invite me into your home. I was naked, and you didn't give me clothing. I was sick and in prison, and you didn't visit me.

Then they will reply, Lord, when did we ever see you hungry or thirsty or a stranger or naked or sick in prison, and not help you?

And he will answer, I tell you the truth, when you refused to help the least of these my brothers and sisters, you were refusing to help me. And they will go away into eternal punishment, but the righteous will go into eternal life." Matthew 25:41-46 NLT

9. Woody

Woody New Member

And proving the Bible with itself proves what exactly? Strange you would use Matthew he never saw a jesus much less heard anything he ever said.

http://www.holybooks.info/matthew.html

10. creation

creation New Member

Thank you for conducting such interesting threads.

My question;

Why do you think it is good or reasonable to bring good people enternal bliss upon their death? Isnt that a deriliction of care for these people?

Moreover, if say, you dont know, or would contend that if its good enough for God then its good enough for anyone, isnt that a poor and unsatisfying answer?

11. dairyair

dairyair Well-Known Member

Not all christians believe that.

- - - Updated - - -

Something you've never answered and it's been asked a few times.
    Why is your biased opinion any better without any shred of evidence?

12. dairyair

What is specifically heavenly bliss? How will it be accomplished?

13. dairyair

Not one mention of torture or damnation.
    Just eternal punishment. That can be most anything. Even just being absent of God.

14. Incorporeal

Incorporeal Well-Known Member

"heav·en·ly (hvn-l)
    adj.
    1. Sublime; delightful; enchanting.
    2. Of or relating to the firmament; celestial: the sun, the moon, and other heavenly bodies.
    3. Of or relating to the abode of God; divine."
    "bliss (bls)
    n.
    1. Extreme happiness; ecstasy.
    2. The ecstasy of salvation; spiritual joy."

Does that help you any at all in comprehending what "Heavenly bliss" is?

It will be accomplished via the act of Salvation and will be an eternal gift from God.

15. gabriel1

gabriel1 New Member

sounds like an orgasm. hell we can all have those

16. AlphaOmega

AlphaOmega Well-Known Member Past Donor

No what doesnt make sense is believing in a book written by men to control other men. Ive been expressing my disbelief in your god as you all have justified it. Your god requires worship and sacrafice and punishes humans with death. That doesnt make sense for a true god. At all. A true god would not "require" worship. A false one would. For the official record. I was raised Catholic. I found most Priests to be very angry men. In second grade when they sat us down and told us to write down all the things Ive done wrong in the last week and confess our sins I explained I couldnt think of anything I had done wrong. The Priest became very angry with me and told me I had sinned, and I had better write them down. Confused I sat there as a child thinking this is very wrong behavior for adults. As I got older I realized it was a form of control. This is exactly why while you are in church they tell you to stand up, kneel, sit down, stand up, kneel, sit back down, stand up, give us money sit down. Its dog training 101. You are being conditioned by a group of people with the threat of eternal damnation. Utter BS. All that being said does not mean I have a disbelief in god. Until we know how the big bang occured (which as of yesterday we are one step closer to understanding that) none of us can say for certain how it all started. Not you and not me. I require proof of something before I waste my only life worhsipping something a group of "men" wrote down in a book. Especially since that book is rife with hypocrisy. I have a disbelief in the human beings that use religion as a way of controlling others who are too weak willed not to notice.
    Since this question has long gone stale, I stated over a month ago since animals arent allowed in heaven, your belief is factually incorrect for me. It will not be bliss for me to floating around with the souls of other humans for eternity. That sounds like pure torturous hell to me. My version of heaven is much better and I refuse to let another human tell me what my eternal happiness should be. You should feel the same way, but I dont hold it against you. Almost all of my fellow second graders succombed to the brainwashing and made up things they did wrong for confession rather than risk being punished. I was punished by being forced to clean the pews for not understanding why I had to admit I did something wrong when I didnt. From that day forward I have always known I am right and people like you are dead wrong. True God requires nothing other than you to be a good person and enjoy the gift of life. Seems to me the greatest gift a god can give is life. Your religion dismisses it like waiting for time to pass while waiting for a bus.
    Your faith = spend your life worshipping youll get a gift at the end for doing exactly as other humans tell you.
    My faith = the gift is life, only a fool wastes it.

17. WanRen

WanRen New Member Past Donor

God is the Bible, without God no Bible. God is the inspiration, the driving force, the Light, the Truth and the Way that is why we have the Bible.:pray:

18. Mitt Ryan

Quote Posted by Woody:

This makes absolutely no sense. So because men were evil they created this flood? OK so how did they make it rain?
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

If it wasn't for all the wicked evilness and corruption committed by men in a world gone wrong, God wouldn't have punished them with the Great Flood during the days of Noah.

So essentially one could say because men were evil they created this situation of a Great Flood brought on by the wrath of God for punishment of their sins and justifiably so is what my friend WanRen meant to say.

He was not saying that evil men directly caused the rain. Obviously you have misinterpreted what he was saying.

19. Incorporeal

Mat 23:33 [Ye] serpents, [ye] generation of vipers, how can ye escape the damnation of hell?
    Mar 3:29 But he that shall blaspheme against the Holy Ghost hath never forgiveness, but is in danger of eternal damnation:

But as you can see, Matt 23 and Mark 3 talk about damnation. Ironically, 'torment' according to this same dictionary (Strongs Exhaustive Concordance and dictionary) is synonymous with 'punishment'.

20. Mitt Ryan

Quote Posted by AlphaOmega:

Did god wave his hand and cause the water level to rise? Yes or No?

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

What hand? God is a Holy Spirit, you talk as though God is a human being like us...lol

Let's just say it was God will for it to happen to punish the corrupted evil human beings.

21. GraspingforPeace

GraspingforPeace Well-Known Member

I don't even get the purpose of these threads. Mitt Ryan obviously has no intention on answering our questions fully considering he consistently has just moved onto the next question when somebody poses a follow up. Mitt Ryan, you aren't answering anything, you're just saying what your beliefs are and ignoring any prodding.

- - - Updated - - -

Just like no Biblical scholar questions that the Exodus happens, right?

:rolleyes:

22. Mitt Ryan

Quote Posted by GraspingforPeace:

I'm sorry, but you clearly haven't read the Bible. Jesus did not come to save everyone and if he wanted to do so he COULD since your theology claims he is an omnipotent being. You know, just stepping outside of the Bible's ridiculous product placement plan for us, the entire story makes absolutely no sense to anybody with a lick of common sense. An omnipotent and omniscient being can't create a scenario where everybody can be saved? Instead we have to believe in a series of ancient books put together in a canon set by a few guys who claimed their choices were divinely inspired? We have to read these ludicrous books that are full of evil deeds and contradictions to make the most important decision in our lives according to your theology?

What a load of crap.
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Why is it that so many of you atheists have a hard time understanding plain simple english? Maybe if you slow down and read very carefully you will not misunderstand what it said.

I have never said that Jesus came to save everyone in the sense that everyone will be saved.

But what I did say on pg. 35 of Part 2 post #343 that you posted was this, "He is trying to save everyone but if you reject His payment He made for you on the cross, then you will have to take the punishment yourself and not someone else." (key words: is trying)

God is only going to save the people who believes in Him, who loves Him. Since He is omnipresent He will know who all these people are.

If God made a scenario in which we would all be saved then He would have had to make all of us puppets to do His will. It would just be a puppet show for God. How could God love puppets? Instead He made us to have free will to choose and we can see plainly on this thread that is exactly what we are doing.

Lastly, the day you sit in judgment is the day you won't find it ludicrous anymore. I suggest you keep on searching for the truth!

23. GraspingforPeace

GraspingforPeace Well-Known Member

Then he isn't omnipotent. An omnipotent being shouldn't "try", he should do. And if God can't create a scenario where everybody is saved and incorporate free will, then he is doubly not omnipotent. Finally, I disagree with your assertion that he is "trying". Have his word been able to reach every person in the world? What about those poor souls in North Korea?

24. Mitt Ryan

Quote Posted by Mjolnir:

No, not impossible. If it's impossible, then you have to deny the existence of free will
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Jesus Christ was the only one who lived His entire life without sinning and He had free will like everyone else. The only way we could ever live our entire lives without sinning was if God made us His puppets to do His will, then in that sense we would not have free will.

What was possible for Jesus Christ who had free will, is impossible for us who also have free will and that is why He is our Savior.

So because of Jesus you can't make a statement such as you have in that, "if it's impossible then you have to deny the existence of free will"

25. Incorporeal

A few seconds engaged in an "orgasm" (if that is the way you desire to justify the term) is a far cry short of an eternity of such delight.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.