Part 6 of Post Your Tough Questions Regarding Christianity

Discussion in 'Religion & Philosophy' started by Mitt Ryan, Apr 11, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mitt Ryan

Mitt Ryan Well-Known Member

Part 6 a continuation of Post your tough questions pertaining to God/Jesus/Holy Bible and I will do my best to clarify and make sense of it to those who are unaware...I still have questions unanswered in Part 3, 4 & 5

I don't want my intentions to come across as converting you or whatever lol... but rather clear up things etc... so ask away.

2. gabriel1

gabriel1 New Member

alright, I will. Why???

3. Mitt Ryan

Quote Posted by GraspingforPeace:

It is too about three separate entities. Is Jesus the Father? Is the Holy Ghost also Jesus?
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The Trinity is the Father, Son, Holy Spirit. The Son is Jesus. So Jesus is not the Father and is not the Holy Spirit. These 3 are distinct from each other.

Scripture affirms that these persons are distinct from each other. We know Jesus is not the Father because the Father sent the Son (John 3:16–17). The Father and Son love each other (John 3:35)

4. gabriel1

gabriel1 New Member

answer my question

5. Mitt Ryan

How does being an atheist make one automatically biased?
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Where have I said being an atheist make one automatically biased?

I specifically said, "Of course there are scientists who are biased, a lot of them are because most of them are atheists."

A lot of them are means not all of them are biased. So it's obvious you have misinterpreted me...what else is new?

6. gabriel1

gabriel1 New Member

so does their atheism have anything to do with their biases??

7. Mitt Ryan

we have DNA evidence that we evolved from extinct species, the same species that every other primate evolved from. Is physical evidence not factual enough for you?
    -----------------------------------------------------------

So are these extinct species ape-like creatures?...lol I don't know about you but my ancestors did not evolve from ape-like creatures. You can believe that but I'm certainly not believing it.

8. Mitt Ryan

Anything to do with the Jesus, Bible, God these atheists abhor with great disdain.

9. gabriel1

gabriel1 New Member

answer my question

10. Mitt Ryan

You are kidding me. The Bible is free or error or contradictions?
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    For many people, the belief that the Bible contains contradictions and inaccuracies is an excuse for not believing. Many such people have not actually read the Bible for themselves. Still fewer have analyzed any of the alleged contradictions.

All alleged contradictions and inaccuracies are explainable. But I have learned even when giving explanations these non-believers will still be in denial of the truth and just say things like "oh your explanations are nonsense"

It is simply because they don't want to believe there is a God. A God who is telling us He will punish the non-believers for their sins they committed.

11. Mitt Ryan

Originally Posted by Mitt Ryan View Post

God sent His prophets to warn them but as I've said in earlier posts they continued to disobey Him, and He gave them over 400 yrs. to change their ways but they didn't and so He punished them deservedly so.

Where is that in the Bible?
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------

If you have access to a bible start reading it. Why don't you read the 5 books that Moses wrote. And when you read it take your time and take notes....there will be a quiz for you!

12. Mitt Ryan

Quote Posted by Woody:

Nope. But your claim is that you can account for a mythological flood that never happened and your accepting the word of a bunch of sheep herders. Conformation Bias does not prove a FLOOD and so far yours has not.
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    You can't make a positive statement about something that supposedly happened 5 to 6 thousand years ago. All you can say is that you don't believe it happened and nothing more.

I'm not making a positive statement when I say I believe the Great Flood happened during the days of Noah. And so I don't have to prove it to anyone.

13. Mitt Ryan

Quote Posted by dairyair:

More making stuff up? What is your proof of this claim? Not that I expect any proof. Just what canaanite did God reveal himself to?
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    You claimed you were a Christian but I have doubts about that. For if you were you would have learned that God used prophets to get His message across to the people.

14. Mitt Ryan

Quote Posted by mjolnir:

If humanity didn't have a sinful nature prior to eating the fruit, why did Adam and Eve disobey God?
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Because the devil deceived them and they like what the devil said to them. It was too tempting for them to pass off. So they believed they weren't doing anything wrong but oh were they so wrong!

15. tecoyah

tecoyah Well-Known Member Past Donor

Dayum.....that's a good one....Kudos

16. Mitt Ryan

Quote Posted by Mjolnir:

So then surely any human being with free will can choose not to sin for their entire life, and would therefore not require Jesus' sacrifice to gain entrance to heaven.
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Nobody can go through their entire lives and not sin. Only Jesus did that and so that is why He is our Savior!

He paid the penalty for our sins in that whoever believes in Him shall not die but have eternal life in God's Kingdom of Heaven!

17. Mitt Ryan

Hey wasn't my response a good one too?...lol

18. tecoyah

tecoyah Well-Known Member Past Donor

Though typical in ways, and a bit preachy.....it was creative and interesting.

19. AlphaOmega

AlphaOmega Well-Known Member Past Donor

contradiction: thou shalt not kill......genesis....God kills every human on the planet except for a few. I dont need an answer, its black and white from the bible itself and there is no better illustration of a contradiction.

20. Mitt Ryan

The correct English translation of "thou shalt not kill" is "One shall not murder" When God kills it is not murder, He punishes the wrongdoers for their evil sinful wicked crimes and so it is really a capital offense deserving of the punishment of death from God.

I don't see any contradictions. Justifiable killings are not the same as cold blooded murder.

21. crank

crank Well-Known Member

not a bit of it. the idea - god, jesus, bible, ra, ganesh, - isn't the problem, it's belief in the idea as truth that needs fixing.

22. dairyair

dairyair Well-Known Member

sometime after xmas 2013. He is still on part 2.

23. dairyair

Dodge is noted.
    I'll try again. Whod id God reveal himself to in the caananite tribe? So they knew he wanted them to change.
    If you don't know, just say so.

24. Flyflicker

Flyflicker New Member

I'm new to this thread, so if this one has already been asked, just ignore it:

If there are other worlds, and the odds are that there are, did the same Jesus have to be tortured and killed on each one to atone for their sins? Does each world have its own particular Messiah, or is it the same one each time?

25. dairyair

I guess you're not RC. As there is an entire church with doctrine that says you're wrong.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.