How I would improve my own country.

Discussion in 'Political Opinions & Beliefs' started by Jack Napier, Apr 14, 2013.

1. Jack Napier

Jack Napier Banned

The following is a brief as to what I would do and how, to improve my country. In some cases I think the benefits would be immediate, and in other cases, they would be incremental, however, I am convinced that if it were possible to deploy it as a model, that after a period of years, the overall and all round benefits would be there for all to see.

1) I would break up this system in which long established parties have a monopoly over elections, by way of a more simple, straightforward, and level playing field, which would offer people much wider choice, cause parties to work harder during election and non election time, and lend itself to greater true democracy. So. Rather than have two or three parties in London starting from an unfair advantage, I would simply encourage (ex) seven more parties, from right across the political spectrum to form, or step up to the plate. During an election campaign, each of the ten parties that met a criteria (they have to offer a full manifesto plus a certain number of sig's), they qualify for a public grant of £250k each to spend on their campaign. This includes the established parties, that is all they get, £250k each, to spend on their campaign, as they see fit, using their skills, and creative ability. No other monies would be given nor could be used, merely that sum, and only that sum, by each party.

If you don't think that this would buy a lot of bells and whistles, tough. There is too much money wasted on such campaigns, and by making a small budget work well, they are right away proving themselves, or not. Also, there are ways that do not cost much, in which they can campaign. Get people out there, old school, on the streets, rallying for support and votes. Have more meetings with the public across towns and cities. Use social media. The idea would be to offer a real range of choice, coming from parties that were not unfairly disadvantaged or vice versa.

2) As part of number one, I would obligated the media, esp during election year, to give near equal exposure and time to each of the running parties, rather than place all the attention (free advertising), on the two established parties. This encourages greater exposure of new ideas and people, to a mass, who otherwise may have been ignorant to their very existence.

3) Immigration would still be permitted here, but I would take back control of it's lawmaking from the EU, and I would take back our border control as well. Rather than being a soft touch nation for just anyone that wanted to rock up here, I would expect, and make legislation to ensure that those who did come here, were needed, had something to offer,and were not going to be a burden on the host nation and native people. All those that could demonstrate that they had sufficient savings, legitimate work, a guarantor, and who would fill a real and obvious need, would be considered. Those that could not demonstrate this, would not be considered at this time, since there is no value in adding someone else's social problems to those we already have.

4) I would remove all British troops wherever they may be right now, and return them all home to their families, asap. Further, as a mark of respect to troops, their families, and the people at large, I would declare a new Act Of Peace, in which no longer would my nation agree to engage in wars of aggression and occupation, in lands near or distant. No longer would these men and their families be treated as pawns in a game, and no longer would my nation have a reputation of being aggressors. At the same time, of course, we would retain a strong defensive presence, in the unlikely invent of a direct attack or attempted invasion of these islands. Think of it less like the position of a hawk or dove, and more one of the owl!

5) I would increase wages. Sorry, don't buy the argument that having slave wages is good for anyone, save for greedy bosses. No matter what anyone does, someone must want that task done, and every man merits the right to earn a wage he can live on. That is not the case right now, and if they wish to operate this way in other countries, that is fine, but here, I believe everyone should merit a wage they can live on, and realistically. It stimulates the economy also, since people then have more money to spend.

6) I would encourage more small and medium sized business start up's. Call me radical, but I would hazard that investing in them, rather than routinely pissing money away on things like Thatcher's funeral, or Kate Middleton's wedding, would probably be a better all round tactic, for the nation.

7) I would get tough on large companies and major corps that either dodged paying taxes, by way of having an expensive team of lawyers and accountants, or who placed the public health at risk, by for example, finding contaminated horsemeat in beef products. If need be, I would simply stop them from trading here, and hit them with massive fines for violations, ever penny of which would right away go back into something for the public benefit. If such companies were found to be engaged in illegal or deeply unethical activity, in other parts of the World, I would simply disallow them from operating here.

8) I would invest in a major programme of affordable homes to buy and rent. This would put to work the one million British builders presently without work, and it is they who would be given first refusal on work. Moreover, the building contracts would be given to British companies.

9) I would purge all those from the NHS who are culpable of undermining it, bleeding money from it, hold a post that doesn't really need to be held, I would go through all the waste, remove all of it, then redirect that money back into the NHS, to where it is clearly most needed. Front line services. I would return it to be being a true national heal care service, and one that we could be proud of again.

10) I would introduce new standard of journalism that had to be adhered to, not what they wrote, but I would certainly look to break up media monopolies that work with a clear and one sided agenda. Rather than have a small number of media companies controlling news flow, which is bad for all imo, I would encourage more and more independent media.

2. Rusty Houser

Rusty Houser Banned

Any meaningful change in the US will have to be backed up with guns.Those who have been on a free ride,those benefiting from race based hiring laws,those benefiting from race based lending laws,etc...........will start burning ,looting......