Police State USA

Discussion in 'Human Rights' started by Wolverine, Apr 23, 2013.

1. Wolverine

Wolverine New Member Past Donor

I believe I may start an on going thread, every day I will post at least one story of police violating basic human rights.

Both sides of the aisle have done this to us. I find the conservatives to be the most interesting, they often blame the political left of throwing intrusive government on us. But, they are just as guilty. The Nazi style immigration checkpoints are a good example, the Gestapo illegally stops and detains US citizens for little reason. Is keeping immigrants out worth the destruction of the 4th Amendment?

California, the Gestapo went door to door raiding people houses without a warrant. Violating their basic human rights. The police opened fire on innocent people, and not so much more than a lawsuit? How about imprisonment for attempted murder?

Boston, the Gestapo goes door to door raiding houses without a warrant.

Police can arrive at the wrong address, kick in your door, kill your family and receive no more than a slap on the wrists as punishment. If you as a CCW holder accidentally killed someone, you would go to prison. Police? Nah. They can execute you in front of your family and not a big deal.

Want to protest? Get a permit. Why would any citizen need to exercise their rights?

You want to protect freedom?

Stop giving the statist swine power to violate your rights.

To kick this off:

How to Resist Unlawful Checkpoints
    (Watch the police attempt to violate The People's basic human rights by the use of scare tactics)
    http://youtu.be/pmcaSN4AsQQ

2. monty1

monty1 New Member

Can you give some examples of the police arriving and kicking in doors? It's fine to say it but without any specifc examples it's all meaningless conspiracy theory.

If in fact there has been an incident of police kicking in a door then I would submit that it was warranted in nearly all cases. But of course there could be an isolted case of there being a mistaken identify, a wrong location, or any other situation where the police need to apologize and then make amends for damages. The court system amply takes care of that in my opinion.

Is your charge a real charge? If so then state your best case and let's be specific and deal with it. We can't be too concerned with a few isolated cases fro reasons stated above but we can be concerned about a developing pattern of police abuse. We can then look in detail at charges of police abuse and discover how the legal system has dealt with them.

3. BlackSand

BlackSand New Member

Nice video … But a few questions (although I didn't watch but about 75% of it).

Where was the Gestapo?
    I didn't see the police jacking anybody up.

Who's rights were violated?
    I didn't see any illegal searches … well, any searches for that matter.

Pro Tip:
    When they ask you if you are an American citizen, they don't waste near as much of your time when you answer, “Yes” … but whatever floats your boat.

4. Wolverine

YouTube police brutality.

Of course not, the driver did not consent. But you did see the police officers attempting to intimidate him into consenting to a search.

Why give them something they are not legally entitled to?

5. Wolverine

Hundreds of homes were illegally searched in California.

6. Karma Mechanic

Karma Mechanic Well-Known Member

Can we please turn down the rhetoric. There are no Gestapo here. You may not like police tactics but if you equate the current US with the 3rd Reich then I am sorry I can't take you seriously.

7. Wolverine

[​IMG]

8. BlackSand

BlackSand New Member

In other words ... Not In the video you posted.

In other words ... There were no violations to anyone's rights in the video you posted.

I didn't say you should, shouldn't or even had to.
    It was a "Pro Tip" for people who didn't want to waste their valuable time arguing with a police officer over nothing.

Knock yourself out if you feel like it ... Rookie!

9. monty1

monty1 New Member

Then let's deal with one or a few of those instances. Let's examine the purpose of the police and also the question of it being justified. And then let's look at the specific accusations and complaints from homeowners so we can determine in some detail if there's been Gestapo tactics or not. You are charging that the police are corrupt in these instances but your charge doesn't have any substance so far. You just want it to be true in order to fulfill some political agenda that is yours only.

You've used the term 'Gestopo', now stand behind your charges. Where is the unwarranted police abuse where the court system has been taken away and so becomes no last resort for the citizen?

10. Wolverine

Nope.

Read the title of the video.

Nope.

Read the title of the video.

Why not educate the police officer?

- - - Updated - - -

No warrant.

No search.

It is simple.

11. Johnny-C

Johnny-C Well-Known Member

I think the abuse by some policemen (sadly problem arising within various departments) is what needs to be addressed.

But since 9-11, I've noticed that many of our police departments seem more 'militarized' to me.

I think we need to be very careful about going too far overall.

12. BlackSand

BlackSand New Member

Next time lead with a more appropriate video to address your point in the original post.
    You don't need to educate the officers in the video, because they already know ... that's why no one was busted across the chops, cuffed and stuffed, before being hauled off to jail.

<<< MODERATOR EDIT: OFF TOPIC >>>

13. BleedingHeadKen

BleedingHeadKen Well-Known Member Past Donor

However, those cops do act on fear. They know that most people will cower and submit, rather than face the possibility that they may be "busted across the chops, cuffed, and stuffed." That is why, I think, the reference to the Gestapo, which was known for using terror as a tactic. It takes a great deal of courage to do what the people did in that video. Very few will do anything but give in.

14. Wolverine

Read the OP and the video title next time.

Premise: Police are a thread to a freedoms
    Video: How to Resist Unlawful Checkpoints

Pretty simple.

15. Wolverine

Removing home owners from the homes at gunpoint.

I would consider any act that places an innocent person at gun point as they are removed from their homes as abusive. Especially when it is a warrantless search.

Remove the blinders.

16. monty1

monty1 New Member

Deal with a spefic instance of a homowner being removed with blinders.
    I can relate to removing homeowners from their homes at gunpoint. Lots of valid reasons. But I'm waiting for a situation where you can show an invalid reason and substantiate your charge of Gestapo tactics!
    <<< MODERATOR EDIT: OFF TOPIC >>>

17. Tommy Palven

Tommy Palven Active Member Past Donor

If you scroll down to "examples" at this site, you will find abuses of the no-knock warrants:
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/No-knock_warrant

The "no-knock" laws were a bi-partisan effort co-sponsored by Teddy Kennedy and signed into law by Richard Nixon. No-knock raids have increased from about 3,000 in1981 to more tha 50,000 per year by 2005. These raids violate the spirit ofhe 4th Amendment wch was based on the English common law that "The house of every man is to him as his castle." The Nixon team and Kennedy's team argued that these laws were necessary to enforce other laws- the anti-drug laws of the 1930's- but as William Pitt noted, "Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom."

18. monty1

monty1 New Member

Specifics, just some specifics. I'm getting tired of saying it but I'll persevere for a while longer. An increase from 4000 to 50,000, if it's in fact true, seems an egregious example. But I won't say it is until an isolated case is examined. So just do it if you can.

And then be aware that it needs to be substantiated that there is a warrantless pattern of police abuse. You obviously need to take into consideration the police enhanced presence at the demand of the people due to terrorism.

And then, if there is a case of abuse that was taken to the courts, was it dealt with. Or if it wasn't dealt with then can it be shown that it should have been dealt with and was prevented from such by some state authority.

19. GoneGoing

GoneGoing New Member

Blinders is something else.

20. Ethereal

Ethereal Well-Known Member

Overkill: The Rise of Paramilitary Police Raids in America

Between the years of 1972 and 1991, approximately 135 African-American men and women were arrested and tortured at the hands of former Chicago Police Commander Jon Burge and officers under his command at Area 2 police headquarters.

Mass. Police Kill Unarmed Grandfather In Police Raid

Marine Veteran Brandon Raub Sentenced To Up To 30 Days In Psych Ward Over Facebook Posts

[​IMG]

And I would submit you are just engaging in self-serving speculation.

21. Ethereal

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

22. Ethereal

You asked for big government and you got it. Quit complaining... :)

23. Ethereal

24. Ethereal

25. GoneGoing

GoneGoing New Member

So you go from a place where the police are only allowed in if they are vigilant to a place where the people are only allowed out if they are vigilant? Was the whole city under arrest?