Fast Food Workers Go On Strike For Higher Pay From The Business Men

Discussion in 'Current Events' started by liberalminority, May 10, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. liberalminority

liberalminority Well-Known Member

They want 15 dollars an hour instead of the minimum wage, so they walked out of their jobs for a day. People in the motor city could not get their daily Big Mac which is tragic, as many American's are addicted to sodas and fatty foods.

With all the welfare being spread around by government, they appear to be having it easy paying their bills and still affording to strike against their employers.

In the old days if you took off work one day you would starve, this next generation has a disturbing sense of entitlement.

http://news.yahoo.com/fast-food-workers-detroit-walk-off-job-disrupt-200200722.html

2. Oldyoungin

Oldyoungin Well-Known Member

Problem with many Americans is an inflated sense of self worth. This is a great example.

3. Bluesguy

Bluesguy Well-Known Member Donor

It is rare the fast food worker I encounter that is deserving $10/hr. these days. I had to complain about some of them sitting on break with their friends using the F word. I would have fired them on the spot. Lots act as if they are doing you a favor and just don't wish to be bothered and the product they put together is shoddy and unattractive because the don't care. A simple request like could you wrap that in paper for me, as I am driving and need it wrapped so it doesn't drip in my, results in comments heard in the back about "what's he need that for? I don't know he just wants it. well what kinda of paper does he want I ain't got one that says quarter-pounder?"

4. webrockk

webrockk Well-Known Member Past Donor

These poor, disenfranchised victims never reveal the personal choices that led to their minimum wage 'careers'.

5. The Mello Guy

The Mello Guy Well-Known Member

Was there welfare when unions were formed? We're the fist strikers on food stamps? <<< Mod Edit: Insult removed >>>

6. Rexxon

Rexxon Well-Known Member

Well, it is their right to strike, and so I am okay with that.

However, I know it is also the right of the employer to fire them and hire new people, which I am certain they will do, as there are many people looking for jobs these days.

I will be keeping an eye on this trend to see how it plays out.

7. Kranes56

Kranes56 Banned

Good luck to them. How it works out in the end.

8. septimine

septimine New Member

I don't even need to watch. There were over 100 in my town, which means there will be over 100 job openings in fast food tomarrow. And the idiots never learn.

9. Taxcutter

Taxcutter New Member

People who do simple repetitive jobs and strike only hasten the day they are replaced by automation.

10. webrockk

webrockk Well-Known Member Past Donor

"well...I dropped out of high school because my third baby was just too much"...said by no "living wage" striker. ever.

11. septimine

septimine New Member

McDonald's is going to be buying a lot of these.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9NHvSivLwyw

12. fiddlerdave

fiddlerdave Well-Known Member Past Donor

Why does the Right wing continually insist on propagandizing such BS? Your average worker getting minimum wage has precious few "welfare" programs "subsiding" them, its too much income for food stamps, WAY too much income for any cash payments from welfare.

- - - Updated - - -

Minimum wage workers are WAYYY cheaper, faster and more flexible than stuff like that.

13. gamewell45

gamewell45 Well-Known Member Past Donor

Yeah, imagine that, wanting a living wage and rights in the workplace....how un-American.

14. Nightmare515

Nightmare515 Ragin' Cajun Staff Member Past Donor

Yeah lets pay fast food workers BA degree level wages so that way getting a higher education can mean jack (*)(*)(*)(*).

Sorry but by working the drive thru at McDonalds no you don't "deserve" 15 bucks an hour. If you want to make 15 bucks an hour then go to school and become something worth a damn.

15. Oldyoungin

Wanting what you havent earned, very american. Do you understand how a business works? If everyone of your employees salary gets doubled over night, where do you think that money comes from? Magic money tree?

16. gamewell45

Rights in the workplace don't cost anything, increased wage cost can be passed off to the consumer. Its that simple.

17. Oldyoungin

Rights? What rights are being violated? Do you know what inflation is? And you think you can just pass a 100% increase in wages off to consumers?

Can I ask if you are an unskilled laborer as well? Just trying to get a better picture of where some people come from....

18. gamewell45

Do you know what "Rights" are?

19. Oldyoungin

What rights are being violated ? And you honestly think 100 percent increase in salary can just be passed to the consumer with no consequences?

20. Nightmare515

Nightmare515 Ragin' Cajun Staff Member Past Donor

So since some of you are cool with paying them more then does this work for everybody else as well? Does everyone elses money double too or are you ok with the fact that the fry guy at McDonalds would be making what a US military E-5 makes.

21. fiddlerdave

fiddlerdave Well-Known Member Past Donor

Why not?

A 100 percent or more increase in company profits and executive pay and bonuses has BEEN passed on to consumers, and the massive pay CUTS the workers have sustained have NOT been passed on to consumers.

Seems kind of one-sided. Let's raise worker pay, and maybe like after the Great Depression when the same thing happened, we can see ANOTHER massive BOOM in economic expansion in America again, like the 40s through the 60s.

22. gamewell45

Answer my question from before if you would.

Nope, some can be passed on to the consumer, the remainder by reducing profit margin a small percentage. In case you didn't know, profit margins are incredibly high for most McDonalds stores due to the low overhead; so they have a little more overhead; it won't put them out of business.

23. Oldyoungin

To put it in perspective for people,

McDonalds spent 4.7 billion dollars in Salary compensation. About 33,000 mcdonalds exist , with 14,000 being in the United States. So, roughly 42 percent of the stores are in our country and have american workers. Lets take 42 percent of 4.7 billion, which is roughly 2 billion or so lets just say 2 billion to make it easy. Who ends up paying for this over night increase from 2 to 4 billion ?

- - - Updated - - -

What question? The first thing you brought up is rights. What rights are violated? or was that a feel good statement with no truth?

24. gamewell45

go back and read the original post; then respond to it in kind; then we'll talk.

25. Oldyoungin

This is your post....
    Yeah, imagine that, wanting a living wage and rights in the workplace....how un-American.

Where is the question?

Now, explain what rights are being violated.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.