Today's Press Conference - Curious Parsing (Lies) by Obama

Discussion in 'Current Events' started by Radio Refugee, May 16, 2013.

1. Radio Refugee

Radio Refugee New Member

He's a rambling blowhard, to be sure. He's also a skilled liar with folks feeding him prepackaged lie-bites for insertion into expected questions. Check this one out.

So Obama dodges the issue of his council, HIS FREEEEEKIN LAWYER, knowing about it on 4/22. He's already stated on 5/13 that " I first learned about it from the same news reports that I think most people learned about this. I think it was on Friday." And then he goes on to mention when he learned about the IG report, a question not asked, a dodge, almost certainly a prefabricated dodge.

He's a lying POS. In every way a disgrace.

2. Hummingbird

Hummingbird Well-Known Member

Yeah, I had watched that - and Charles Krauthammer had pointed out the same thing...... he wasn't asked about the IG report. He danced around, not directly answering the specific question and he thinks no one notices.

He was also asked about what his admin knew and he didn't answer that either..... Obama is not as brilliant as he & his followers thinks he is......

3. JP5

JP5 Former Moderator Past Donor

Yeah, I saw and heard that. Answer a question that you weren't even asked; but one he wished he'd been asked. He's a weasley lawyer....a hundred times worse than Clinton. He isn't going to escape out of all this though.

People may have difficulty in understanding Benghazi or Fast & Furious.....but the IRS is something everyone understands.

What this administration made sure happened, is exactly what Democrat Senators called for in 2010 just after the Citizens United ruling. They actually wrote the IRS and "demanded" it be done....singling out conservative groups. Chucky Schumer, Max Baucus (the very one at the head of the investigating Committee now), Al Franken and other Dem Senators. I have no doubt that Obama and his minions made sure it happened. They were scared (*)(*)(*)(*)less that Republicans were going to pass them in their Union and Georg Soros donations.

Now, I'm kind of wondering if all this had anything to do with Dem Sen Max Baucus suddenly announcing he wasn't running again recently? Did he catch wind of what was about to blow up.....and that he might be caught up in it? Pretending to me upset about Obamacare and Obama's handling of it could all be a ruse......cover for himself. Well, we'll see if there is anyone inside the IRS (whistleblower) with any integrity to tell the truth, the whole truth, and nothing but the truth.

4. Nunya D.

Nunya D. Well-Known Member

FIFY Obama.

5. Foolardi

Foolardi Well-Known Member Past Donor

Staged event with a staged reporter asking a staged question which Obama
    used to both conveniently exonerate himself personally while simultaneously
    acting as if his White House was nowhere to be found.
    Same old,same old with this Liar-in-Chief.Same exact bullcrapola.
    Deflect any and all blame from him and his Merry White House,while
    spieling about how he wants urgently to get to the bottom of this flap.
    It's now an absolute established pattern.A very boring pattern.
    Likened to Hugo Chavez and Castro.
    I explained it a few months ago.The Rush Limbaugh theorem.
    That Obama runs around as if he's not really responsible for anything in his
    purview.Like he's some outsider looking in.That he finds plenty of time to
    Campaign but never govern.That when he's out on his continous campaign
    trail he finds every excuse in thr book to act like the Economy is not his fault.
    In fact nothing is his fault.Because he actually cons americans into thinking
    he's not really in charge.It's always someone else's fault if something bad happen.
    NEVER HIS. Never as in NOT ONCE.Obama is incapable of being held
    responsible.The Buck NEVER stops at his Oval office.
    What should that tell one.
    Maybe that he's very possibly Clinically Insane.Y'know like a King Henry VIII.

6. REPUBLICRAT

REPUBLICRAT Well-Known Member

You guys are real mad.

7. JohnnyMo

JohnnyMo Moderator Staff Member Donor

Politicians....

LMAO... Not going to work at what?? Politicians.

Talk about desperate..

8. Radio Refugee

Radio Refugee New Member

They have NOTHING to rebut the above lies. He's stone cold caught out and it's getting worse quickly.

Imagine the mental turmoil you'd face when unable to internally admit your messiah was a lying scumbag. That's where they are. Logic won't be any part of their conversation.

9. darckriver

darckriver New Member Past Donor

Questioner - "When did you, darckriver, first learn that your wife had your own hunting knife stuck in her back?"

darckriver - "I can assure you that I certainly did NOT know anything about her autopsy report before it was leaked through the press"

10. Pennywise

Pennywise Banned

It's like saying, "I didn't know about the police report until I saw the police report", after being asked if you were arrested for (*)(*)(*)(*)ing your neighbor's dog.

11. logical1

logical1 Well-Known Member Past Donor

With the Clintons, they said they couldnt remember anything, and now the Obama admin claims they dont know anything!!!!

Why do people in this country keep electing fools like this?????

12. Consmike

Consmike New Member Past Donor

Obama is a jackass

13. Radio Refugee

Radio Refugee New Member

Because the Republican fools are inept at the campaign game. Because the worthy want no part of politics.

14. DonGlock26

DonGlock26 New Member Past Donor

We are expected to believe that Obama and Holder knew nothing. The media accepts it at face value AFTER Holder being caught lying about Fast & Furious.

15. Radio Refugee

Radio Refugee New Member

Timeline of the latest dates/people/liars:

Obama's a freeeeekin LIAR

There's next to no chance this didn't trickle up to him. As Adam Carolla sez it's "Liar or stupid", it's Dick Nixon or Chance the gardener. Pick.

16. Shiva_TD

Shiva_TD Progressive Libertarian Past Donor

There are some interesting facts related to the IRS scrutiny of "tea party" organizations filing for tax exempt status under 501(c) that many may not be aware of.

First of all a Political Action Committee cannot become a tax exempt entity under 501(c). They are governed under other laws because of their political activities.

The Tea Party movement originated as "political action" organizations.

It was Congress that requested that the IRS scrutinize suspected PAC's that might be trying to seek tax exempt status under 501(c) as that would be a violation of the law. This request was not specific to "conservative" or "liberal" PAC's attempting to seek 501(c) status.

Organizations with "Tea Party" in their names were suspected of being possible PAC's seeking 501(c) status because of the historical connection between "Tea Party" organization and political action by these organization. The "name" warranted the additional scrutiny to prevent a possible PAC from obtaining 501(c) protection.

While additional questionaire were sent to the organizations suspected of being possible PAC's seeking 501(c) protection if the organization responded to those questionaire establishing that they actual met the 501(c) criteria they were granted 501(c) status. None that met the criteria were denied 501(c) status.

There has been no evidence that "liberal" organizations suspected of being PAC's seeking 501(c) status weren't also subjected to additional scrutiny by the IRS.

The IRS should be proactive in preventing PAC's from (illegally) becoming 501(c) non-profit organizations.

The only real problem that I've seen is that some of the questions were inapproriate in determining of the organization met the 501(c) criteria before being granted (or denied) 501(c) status. That is a problem.

I've not found a single case of 501(c) status being denied if the organization met the 501(c) criteria and additional scrutiny is warranted if an organization appears to be a PAC attempting to become a 501(c) tax entity.

The other problem is that by using "Tea Party" in the name of the organization the organization triggered an alert that it very well could be a PAC because of the history of the Tea Party movement as being Political Organizations that would not meet 501(c) criteria. The name of the organization triggered the additional scrutiny and not the fact that it was a "conservative" organization.

17. akphidelt2007

akphidelt2007 New Member Past Donor

This whole issue is much ado about nothing, just like Benghazi. Sure some people can be fired because of the "lack of judgement", but it is literally the biggest non issue in the history of Republican conspiracies.

18. Radio Refugee

Radio Refugee New Member

Come back and beg forgiveness when you're proven to have shilled for IRS thuggery. To attempt to mitigate scumbaggery isn't much different from committing it.

19. Radio Refugee

Radio Refugee New Member

New and brilliant take on the non-answer answer from Monica Crowley.

If you were the WH council, Obama's lawyer, HIS FREEEEKIN LAWYER, and you got word of this on 4/22 you's also get some details such as the IRS is targeting you political opponents. Assume as WHC you know this could easily become a nightmarish problem for your boss even if it's false or incomplete or misleading. YOU OWE HIM IMMEDIATE INFORMATION. This can't wait. Folks will assume Obama's targeting his political opponents using the IRS. What could be worse? Dead girl? Live boy? Old joke?

Seriously, any WH council that didn't get this to the big man ASAP is a disgrace. Lawyers don't do that.

And that's why Obama dodged the question and 'answered' it with his prefab dodge about the IG report.

20. Shiva_TD

First of all, as I noted, I've read some of the questions asked by the IRS and they appear to be quite inappropriate in determining if an organization qualifies as a tax exempt organization under 501(c). I found no rational basis for the questions and if a question wasn't specifically about determining if the organization qualified for 501(c) status then it was inappropriate for the IRS to ask the question. Questions that are about making a determination on qualifications for 501(c) status are very appropriate. The fact that any organization is subjected to additional scrutiny by the IRS when filing for 501(c) status is not scandalous.

A few simple questions.

Should applicants that in their application indicate that they might not be qualified for 501(c) tax exemption be subjected to additional scrutiny by the IRS when they file?

We need to remember that the Tea Party movement spawned organizations that were anti-tax political action organizations and normally these type of organizations are considered to be PAC's and not 501(c) tax exempt organizations. As far as I'm concerned it would be identical to a "leftist" organization called "Citizens for Gun Control" filing for 501(c) status because the "name" indicates it very possibly could be a political action committee that isn't qualifed for 501(c) tax exempt status. Such organizations should be subjected to additional scrutiny by the IRS.

Were any "conservative" organizations that were qualified for 501(c) tax exempt status denied that status by IRS?

The criteria for 501(c) status is really quite simple and if applied for, even though the application might be questioned, the status applies from the date of application as I understand. The IRS, by asking additional questions, did not deny 501(c) status to the organization.

Do "Tea Party" organizations actually qualify for 501(c) tax exempt status under either 501(c)(3) or 501(c)(4)?

This is a question I'm still asking myself because the criteria is very simple for each.

When I look at all of these different classifications which one(s) would a "Tea Party" organization seek 501(c) status under? Educational and Civic Leagues appear to be the most likely but I find it difficult to see how the Tea Party movement and the organizations it has created would fall into either of these catagories. They certainly could but it would be a significant departure from the typical anti-tax political purposes of the Tea Party movement.

21. Shiva_TD

Congress, not the White House, asked the IRS to subject organizations suspected of being PAC's seeking 501(c) tax exempt status to additional scrutiny. From what I've read the head of the IRS became aware of the problems in doing this in 2012 and addressed the matter to stop any abuses. The White House really has nothing to do with this issue that was fundamental internal to the IRS.

Why is it that when any jerk-off idiots in the government screw up that Republicans blame the President as if the President ordered them to do it? The President did not order the additional scrutiny of the 501(c) applications, Congress did, and any problems with implementing the wishes of Congress was internal to the IRS. The "fix" was already implemented by th IRS long before the President was even aware of any problem existing.

22. Yosh Shmenge

Yosh Shmenge New Member

Perhaps, but then, perhaps not. What we know initially doesn't look too good for the president and his compormised honesty.

His first public comment on the IRS issue was to disavow knowledge of the problem until "everyone else" knew, however Jay Carney has admitted that the White House counsel was told of the brewing trouble more than a month beforehand. Presumably he has no interest in keeping vital secrets from his boss so on the face of things, Obama's very first comment on the issue seems to be a lie! http://pjmedia.com/blog/what-did-the-president-know-about-the-irs-scandal-and-when-did-he-know-it/

As a matter of fact, when asked about what he knew of the targeting of Tea Party groups by the IRS Obama spoke instead about what he knew of the IG's report....already parsing words and playing games here. If the president wishes to resolve this issue first he must demonstrate he is being straight with the public and already we see he is not!

23. Radio Refugee

Radio Refugee New Member

You're shilling for thuggery. Guess what that makes you?

Putin is really nice to his cat.

Kim has his golf game together.

Osama gave to the poor.

24. Radio Refugee

Radio Refugee New Member

And today we're getting the 5 Sunday show blitz of coordinated agitprop and lies from Dan Pfeiffer.

They're in deep.

25. Eighty Deuce

Eighty Deuce New Member Past Donor

Yes. When they send out a numbnuts who doesn't even know how to properly look into the camera, who is a nobody when it comes to accountability, who will be forgotten before the sun sets tonight .......................... the poo is deep on this one.