Oversight: Lerner must attend hearing, even if she does not testify

Discussion in 'Current Events' started by Professor Peabody, May 22, 2013.

1. Professor Peabody

Professor Peabody Well-Known Member Past Donor

She and the IRS and other employees are about to be sued by 300+ conservative and tea party organizations that they targeted for extra audits and delays of their requests for tax exemption. She as well as the rest of the employees in her office who participated can be held personally responsible unless they were forced to by someone higher up. This means their homes, cars and other personal property can be subject to seizure in order to satisfy any judgement. Now if they provide proof that they were forced to do what they did in order to save their jobs, then the coercion would likely insulate them from personal liability. Myself nothing would make me happier than to see them lose everything for what they've done. The agency is NOT their personal fiefdom.

I truly hope they make her plead the fifth dozens of times on tape, tape that can and will be used against her in criminal as well as civil court.

2. Mac-7

Mac-7 Banned

The Republicans in congress are too inept to make her appearance very uncomfortable.

They should ask her 1,000 questions and make her take the 5th 1,000 times but I bet they won't.

3. jackdog

jackdog Well-Known Member

just her taking the 5th shows this is just the tip of the iceberg, this is a good indication there us a lot of dirt to be uncovered yet