Identical Twin Studies Prove Homosexuality is NOT Genetic

Discussion in 'Political Opinions & Beliefs' started by Right Wing, Jun 5, 2013.

1. Right Wing

Right Wing New Member

Eight major studies of identical twins in Australia, the U.S., and Scandinavia during the last two decades all arrive at the same conclusion: gays were not born that way.

“At best genetics is a minor factor,” says Dr. Neil Whitehead, PhD. Whitehead worked for the New Zealand government as a scientific researcher for 24 years, then spent four years working for the United Nations and International Atomic Energy Agency. Most recently, he serves as a consultant to Japanese universities about the effects of radiation exposure. His PhD is in biochemistry and statistics.

Identical twins have the same genes or DNA. They are nurtured in equal prenatal conditions. If homosexuality is caused by genetics or prenatal conditions and one twin is gay, the co-twin should also be gay.

“Because they have identical DNA, it ought to be 100%,” Dr. Whitehead notes. But the studies reveal something else. “If an identical twin has same-sex attraction the chances the co-twin has it are only about 11% for men and 14% for women.”

Because identical twins are always genetically identical, homosexuality cannot be genetically dictated. “No-one is born gay,” he notes. “The predominant things that create homosexuality in one identical twin and not in the other have to be post-birth factors.”

READ MORE: http://www.hollanddavis.com/?p=3647

This is an interesting study by Dr. Neil Whitehead, PhD. Could the born gay crowd be wrong?

2. stig42

stig42 New Member

ok but then no one is born hetero sexual and being hetero sexual is not genetic and being hetero sexual or homosexual is still not a choice so what's it all matter?

3. Diuretic

Diuretic Well-Known Member

I'd like to see some research as to why Christian right-wingers are so obsessed with homosexuality anyway.

4. AndrogynousMale

AndrogynousMale Active Member

Does it really matter whether or not its a choice?

DarkDaimon and (deleted member) like this.
  5. RedRepublic

RedRepublic Banned at Members Request

It does to conservatives, as they're in denial they like to think that they can 'choose' to be straight. I don't see why it matters so much whether it's a choice, it's not like homosexuality is a bad thing.

6. lizarddust

lizarddust Well-Known Member

Then please explain why identical twins both sharing DNA, environment, nurturing etc,, one will excel in academia and the other won't. I know of two personal cases.

7. logical1

logical1 Well-Known Member Past Donor

Good point.

8. mutmekep

mutmekep New Member

I tried very hard to be a bisexual but it is not possible , i am strictly a hetero it may not be genetic but it is not a choice either.
    So what is left to examine ?

9. CMPancake

CMPancake New Member

I just like to think that maybe this scientific study forgot to study the regard of Fraternal Twins...

10. Karma Mechanic

Karma Mechanic Well-Known Member

Whitehead is a member of the discredited group NARTH (National Organization for the Research and Therapy of Homosexuality). No one in the scientific community takes that organization seriously because it pushes "reparative therapy" - the false notion that homosexuality is a condition which can be changed. Since this is a highly discredited approach and shows a huge failure rate I don't think I am going to trust NARTH reports until I get a better look at the study. But here is the think, I am comfortable with the no gay gene hypothesis because genes aren't the final answer to things. However to suggest genetics doesn't play a role is stupid. But one can have a genetic predisposition to something and environmental factors can play a role about the genetic expression. For examples, alcoholism is genetic, but if you never have any ever you will never suffer from alcoholism. Some with high visual/spacial acuity due to genetics will not be a great painter of perspective if they grow up and die in a dense rain forest. But here is the thing, genes have tenders and they might be what is at play here.

Look here: http://sourcefednews.com/theres-no-gay-gene-says-scientists/ read the link to the study and then get back to the discussion. Could be interesting.

11. DivineComedy

DivineComedy Well-Known Member

Insurance is not an account where you get out what you pay in with interest; you can get out more than you pay in because someone pays and does not collect (if there is no fire, there is no payout for a fire). A choice does not give someone a human right to force someone else to work to pay spouse benefits for the deceased’s Gay spouse (nesting bird or housewife of ONE FLESH). If the sex is not a choice, (like penis fits in vagina, the beast with two backs is natural, and a nest is needed for the offspring) they may have a right to exist and argue for rights to marry, and if the gubermint votes to pay spouses benefits, because it is an insurance (FICA), and they are married (one flesh, or beast with two backs), they have a right to benefits. The Congress cannot establish religion, or say Gays or Mormons and Bisexuals (more than a couple) can or cannot marry in the States, that would violate the First and Tenth amendment; when the State does not recognize a particular beast with two backs or three (woman with two holes filled), all Congress can do is treat each State equally, and once married by a State pay benefits according to the sensibilities of the States without prejudice. Now if the Supreme Court rules that the beast with two backs and no vagina must be able to marry, but the beast with three backs and a vagina cannot, that is what is called hypocrisy.

So whether or not the beast with two backs is a choice can be important, because this debate recently is all about forcing all States to accept one kind of special beast and potentially support a part of said beast, while hypocritically not giving equal protection of the laws to other combinations of Bi beasts (and those Mormons who have a choice?).

12. Alfalfa

Alfalfa Banned

“If an identical twin has same-sex attraction the chances the co-twin has it are only about 11% for men and 14% for women.”

Since the occurrence of homosexuality in the general population is 2-3%, I would say 11 and 14% is pretty genetically signficant. Thats a 400-600% increase.

13. Leffe

Leffe New Member

Would you say the fact that I hate brussel sprouts and love cheddar cheese is genetic?

The reason I ask, is that I did not chose to hate brussel sprouts and love cheddar cheese, I just do. I cannot do anything about it.

14. Leffe

Leffe New Member

A female friend of mine wanted to be gay, she figured that women were easier to get on with. She tried it a few times and couldn't "be gay", but according to the GOPers, she should have been able to.

15. dixon76710

dixon76710 Well-Known Member

If it were genetic, it would be 100%.

16. goober

goober New Member

Let's say there is a gene that gives a person an 11% chance of it being expressed as homosexuality.

Then the numbers shown here would occur if 20-30% of the population had that gene.
    You'd get 2-3% of the population expressing the gene as homosexuality.
    And in the case of the Identical twin studies, where you were certain the gene was present, you'd get about 11% expressing the gene as homosexuality.

Those studies support the theory that there is a genetic basis for homosexuality.

17. dixon76710

Probably doesnt even cross their mind until homosexuals start demanding tax breaks and governmental entitlements of "gay marriage". Or until they find out their 10 yr old son is being taught about anal sex between men in school.

18. Johnny-C

Johnny-C Well-Known Member

That pretty much sums it up, right there.

People are literally looking for more excuses or justifications to be "homophobic". I say screw them; this has all gone way too far for too long.

Just leave homosexual people alone to be what they are. I mean, unless someone is literally forcing gay sex upon you or someone else... there really is NO PROBLEM. Gay is gay and straight is straight.

I've met NO ONE but bi-sexuals that 'choose' or 'switch' (even on a given day). Then there are those who seem to be OMNI-sexual (yes, I just made that up)... that just like sex so much, any source/combination of skin, warmth, friction or sensual fluid-sharing they can get into... is just golden.

But this literal OBSESSION in millions of human beings to GO AFTER homosexual people for no good reason, is something I'm going to pretty much stop paying attention to and just FIGHT them back.

Really, it is time for homosexuals and those who understand and advocate for them to put together and retain as much social and political power or legal/political weaponry, to simply FIGHT BACK HARD... all of the time.

I'm done, trying to understand bigots, haters and homophobes. Sure, be those things... but try to affect my life or those of other homosexuals and I'm just turning up whatever noise or effect that I can to fire back and affect you as well. Yes, it seems a little active reciprocity (at the necessary points) is in-order. No, I'm not talking about violence (unless 2nd Amendment type 'solutions' are truly warranted)... but directly engaging all the STUPID NORMS that anti-gay people use to affect homosexuals so often. In other words, it is time to be in people's faces about being anti-gay homophobes.

It's simply not acceptable, reasonable or constructive; never was and it never will be.

Yeah, time to FIGHT BACK HARDER... and in the most effective ways.

19. dixon76710

By "go after" you mean withold the tax breaks and governmental entitlements reserved for married heterosexual couples. Or do you view claims that homosexuality is not genetic as going after homosexuals?

- - - Updated - - -

By "go after" you mean withold the tax breaks and governmental entitlements reserved for married heterosexual couples. Or do you view claims that homosexuality is not genetic as going after homosexuals?

20. Gorn Captain

Gorn Captain Banned

Math has an innate liberal bias....don't trust it.
    :)

- - - Updated - - -

It's like how people "didn't mind blacks until they started demanding the right to vote and drink from the same water fountains", right, dixon???

:)

21. Johnny-C

Johnny-C Well-Known Member

I said what I said, in the way I meant to say it.

You are talking about something else.

22. Alfalfa

Alfalfa Banned

No, it gives a predisposition toward homosexuality, just as genetic researchers and scientists believe there might be a gene that predisposes people to addictions such as alcoholism or to violence.

That I have to explain this is sad.

23. dixon76710

Nothing like it at all.

24. Alfalfa

Alfalfa Banned

It's possible we all ave the gene and the rate at which it manifests itself is 2-3% of the population,

25. DivineComedy

DivineComedy Well-Known Member

That is true. My Calculus 151 professor in response to weighted questions, like say 50% of the grade, being ruled racially discriminatory said, “I don’t want people building my bridges if they can’t do the math.” That was before Jack Falls and the Affirmative Action contractor.

http://www.nytimes.com/1996/03/20/us/a-collapse-raises-new-safety-concerns-about-the-olympics.html

Where in the article does it say a relation of all test subjects were gay or there could be a gay gene passed down?

My Dairy Queen story is going over after getting the food and sliding into the booth putting my arm around my future lover only to discover my future wife was on the other side of the booth wearing the exact same thing as my future lover and was very, very, very angry. I met my future lover in math class, she was really nice and we hit it off right away, but I had to change classes because the teacher did not speaky the Engrish, to my surprise my future wife was in the new class so obviously I was confused when she did not recognize me; it was only later I found out my future lover did not change classes when I had a double mint moment after class. So when my future wife said I had to choose between the one I met first and her...I have been with the same woman for thirty years and can blame math for starting it all.

If the twins were separated and adopted by different families, so as to effectively eliminate the effects of nurture and environment being close to identical, and the test subjects each had a gay parent, or grandparent…, so as to allow the possibility of a gay gene in the mix, the study would mean something.

Your computer affected by cosmic rays?