Marijuana from a 13-year old's standpoint

Discussion in 'Drugs, Alcohol & Tobacco' started by IowanChild, Jun 11, 2013.

1. IowanChild

IowanChild Newly Registered

As the title suggests, you're about to see (or close out of) the theories and observations about Marijuana and only marijuana from the perspective of an American 13-year old. Yes, kids can have opinions too, and they're about as correct as one from from a typical adult. Well, without wasting anymore time, let's get to it.

Marijuana has taken over my school. What can you expect from a poorly-fun middle school in Eastern Iowa? Seventh-graders are doing things that most adults wouldn't do without hesitation. Marijuana doesn't directly effect physical health too much. Aside from the "munchies" and sexual stimulation, nothing goes wrong inside the body. It can, however, turn the average teenager into a narcissistic, self-righteous, over-dramatic (*)(*)(*)(*) who thinks he/she is better than every body because they smoke marijuana. Believing that their lives are so difficult that they need the relaxation power of cannabis. Me and my group of now-former friends (they suddenly decided to hate me because I'm chubby) are near the bottom of the social food-chain at school. Marijuana has not been in our lives at any time aside from usage by relatives. The group of people that smoke weed and degrade society, suddenly became part of our lives to our dismay. The lead girl asked us just about every week: "do you guys smoke?" After becoming disappointed with our replies of "no", she continued to tell us stories about how she does. Kids get Marijuana from 3 people at our school. All 3 of them distinguishable by the Nike gym bag around their shoulders, filled to the brim with Marijuana, lighters, cigarettes and Cheetos. Literately anyone could get some: just walk up to them in a secluded spot, give them 25 dollars and walk away with a plastic bag of weed. Ironically, all 3 of them are pretty cool people.

The stories they tell about drugs & alcohol are insane! Just last week, (I'm not kidding about this) one of them told me that they lined up in the kitchen, and snorted tea and salt. I can't be the only one who thinks that Marijuana should be legal. But seventh-graders snorting tea, smoking weed and drinking beer just to get attention from people who just don't want to be involve? I don't think so.:weed::weed::weed:

2. Moi621

Moi621 Well-Known Member Past Donor

The problem with marijuana for 13 year olds is it does interfere with learning,
    and a 13 year old. has a lot of learning left to do.

I am a regular, daily user. Not a prohibitionist.
    I just do not believe it is good for children except for medical indications.
    Wait until you are 18 on the :weed:. Never touch tobacco. Enjoy only one cup of coffee a day.
    G'luck

:weed:

3. waltky

waltky Well-Known Member

Granny says, "Dat's right - it'll drive ya crazy...
    :grandma:
    Student Jumps to Death at Denver Hotel After Eating Too Much Pot
    April 17, 2014 — A Wyoming college student who jumped to his death at a Denver hotel had eaten more of a marijuana cookie than was recommended by a seller, police records show — a finding that comes amid increased concern about the strength of popular pot edibles after Colorado became the first state to legalize recreational marijuana.

4. waltky

waltky Well-Known Member

Granny says, "Dat's right - it's a gateway drug - it'll lead to gettin' hooked on harder drugs...
    :grandma:
    Will Marijuana Economy Cause Addiction Boost?
    April 24, 2014 — Pot proponents like to say that drug rehabilitation centers are opposed to legalization, because they profit from drug prohibition. Of course, that is a little like saying the hot dog concession at the baseball game loses money when there is a sellout crowd.

5. RPA1

RPA1 Well-Known Member Past Donor

Pongi apparently ate 6 times the dosage.

Pongi’s friends said the dispensary clerk “advised they divide the cookie into six pieces and eat one piece at a time.”

They also said after 30 minutes “Levy said he didn’t feel anything and he ate the entire cookie immediately.”

http://denver.cbslocal.com/2014/04/...amount-of-pot-cookie-before-jumping-to-death/

Something is fishy here. Why did his 'friends' let him eat the whole cookie? Was there only 1 cookie? If so, why didn't the others imbibe? Did they force him to eat it knowing it contained 6 separate doses?

6. RPA1

RPA1 Well-Known Member Past Donor

I think that if marijuana were legal and, (like alcohol) strictly prohibited to underage children, at least their parents would tend not to ignore their child's potential usage as they seem to do now with the thinking that since it's illegal, their kid can't get it.

7. Ramboner

Ramboner New Member

If a 13 year old want's to learn something he better stow-away on a ship and head to another country.Raising a kid there is child abuse.
    [video=youtube;7_pw8duzGUg]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7_pw8duzGUg&feature=kp[/video]

8. Ramboner

Ramboner New Member

G'luck is right:flagus:.

[video]www.youtube.com/watch?v=LysxbVZ1DNM[/video]

9. Katchy

Katchy New Member Past Donor

God that's hilarious... and indicative of a very dire future for western humanity. "Largest country in South America" "Africa" :wall: . On topic however, I cannot see any benefit whatsoever to indulging in drug use (even light drug use) at the age of 13, you'll most likely stunt brain growth, which could possibly lead to cognitive inadequacies in future. It also reduces productivity and retention of information, which, at 13, would be quite harmful to your education. I wouldn't recommend it, huff glue and spray paint like I did as a teenager, no consequences at all. In conclusion, between watermelons and pineapples, I far prefer grape juice.

10. Steady Pie

Steady Pie Well-Known Member Past Donor

Avoid people who try hard, or expose their use to others for popularity, that attitude is dangerous.

I'm not here to tell you how to live your life, but I'd probably hold off on it until you're a senior. Don't listen to people - it is indeed addictive, and you can quite easily get hooked. If you're going to smoke, make it a rule that you never smoke alone, only with friends - and keep it to the weekends.

But it's also fantastic. It's not going to cause you irreparable physical harm, but it can mess with your motivation and lifestyle quite easily. If you notice that, be honest with yourself and seek help. Avoid eating too much while stoned - you don't want to get fat.

[hr][/hr]

So yeah - weed is fantastic, but it's probably a good idea to hold off for now. That said, a big part of growing up is learning to figure this sort of thing out for yourself. Just realize the dangers and enjoy yourself :)

PS: buy a vaporizer. Trust me, your health will thank me. They start at like $50 with discrete shipping, And get some eyedrops now, they're $3 at the drug store, no questions asked. I wish I had done these things to start with.