The truth about 'human shields'. MOD ALERT

Discussion in 'Latest US & World News' started by Jack Napier, Jun 20, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jack Napier

Jack Napier Banned

MOD EDIT

Oh how the Ministry of Truth love their phrases and words. 'Smart bomb'. 'Dirty bomb'. 'Precision strike'. All designed to illicit a certain emotion, to manipulate....you. For they know all too well that a generation or two, which they also set out to educate to their requirements, and that meant poorly as well, they know that most of those people hear such terms, and are either comforted by them, or never think to look past the term..to the reality behind the term.

'Human shields' is simply another, and it is also a fine example of that characteristic nature that the true common denominator in all of this have - call your opponent what you really are, and never admit the truth.

You see, there are two kinds of 'human shields'. First of all, you have the 'Made In Tel Aviv/NYC' human shields, which are people that had the temerity to be in their own land, when it was being illegally or amorally bombed from above. In short, in this example, the entire village has bombs rained down on it, and then a spacious claim is made that the blame for this lies with (insert group), for deploying 'human shields'.

Then there is the real users of human shields, deploying them in a real and less Holywood (and less BS) type manner.

Israeli military uses Palestinian kids as human shields: UN rights group

A United Nations human rights body has criticized the Tel Aviv regime for torturing Palestinian children, saying the Israeli military frequently uses them as human shields in its operations.

The UN Committee on the Rights of the Child said on Thursday Palestinian children in the occupied West Bank and blockaded Gaza Strip are normally not allowed to have their birth registered, and are denied access to health care, decent schooling as well as safe drinking water.

"Palestinian children arrested by (Israeli) military and police are systematically subject to degrading treatment, and often to acts of torture, are interrogated in Hebrew, a language they did not understand, and sign confessions in Hebrew in order to be released," it said in a report.

The UN committee also expressed regret over Israel's "persistent refusal" to respond to requests for information on children in the Palestinian territories and occupied Golan Heights since the last review in 2002.

"Hundreds of Palestinian children have been killed and thousands injured over the reporting period as a result of Israel military operations, especially in Gaza where Israel proceeded to [conduct] air and naval strikes on densely populated areas with a significant presence of children, thus disregarding the principles of proportionality and distinction," the report stated.

The UN report also stated that an estimated 7,000 Palestinian children aged 12 to 17, but some as young as nine, have been arrested, interrogated and detained over the past ten years.

Many are brought in leg chains and shackles before military courts, while youths are held in solitary confinement, sometimes for months, the report said.

It voiced deep concern at the "continuous use of Palestinian children as human shields and informants", saying 14 such cases had been reported between January 2010 and March 2013 alone.

Israeli soldiers had used Palestinian children to enter potentially dangerous buildings and forced them to stand in front of military vehicles to deter stone-throwing, it said.

"Almost all those using children as human shields and informants have remained unpunished and the soldiers convicted for having forced at gunpoint a nine-year-old child to search bags suspected of containing explosives only received a suspended sentence of three months and were demoted."

Israel's "illegal long-standing occupation" of Palestinian territory and the Golan Heights, continued expansion of "unlawful" settlements, construction of the separation fence into the West Bank, land confiscation and destruction of homes and livelihoods "constitute severe and continuous violations of the rights of Palestinian children and their families," it said.

The Israeli Foreign Ministry reacted angrily to the UN Committee on the Rights of the Child report, and described it as “recycled old stuff.”
    (Typically arrogant Jew response there)

http://www.presstv.ir/detail/2013/06/20/309997/israel-uses-palestinian-kids-as-shields-un/

Thread warning issued

2. Taxcutter

Taxcutter New Member

UN human rights group? You mean Sudan and Iran?

I can't even remember when the UN had any real credibility.

3. Jack Napier

Jack Napier Banned

Yes and your issue is what?

4. snakestretcher

snakestretcher Banned

You'll remember fast enough if the UN praises America for anything....

5. Jonsa

Jonsa Well-Known Member Past Donor

ACtually, this is re-hashing of old accusations jack and you know it very well.

Here is the UN report. Read it, its a hodgepodge of idealistic dreaming often completely divorced from reality. Its not like there is a bias or anything, since the "landing" page ONLY provides a rehashed report wrt Israel making it difficult to find out about the status in other countries. Hmmmmmm.

landing page
    http://unispal.un.org/unispal.nsf/47d4e277b48d9d3685256ddc00612265/23e460133dd0b4a285257b90004e995a?OpenDocument

http://www2.ohchr.org/english/bodies/crc/docs/co/CRC-C-ISR-CO-2-4.pdf

It should be noted that there isn't a single nation on this planet that remotely approaches the criteria this "committee" created. Idealism is all well and good, but a bit of pragmatism might also help in developing realistic criteria. Read the report.

Good intentions vomited all over the floor.

6. Jack Napier

Jack Napier Banned

A continuation. That is why it is still reported. It all still goes on.

7. Jonsa

no jack, I'm afraid those "child torture" allegations are a rehash from a while ago. You know that report that was long on inflammatory accusation and dismally short on evidence. Not that a palestinian teenager would lie about Israelis for street cred or anything.

8. Jack Napier

Jack Napier Banned

Why write child torture in the way that you have?

Ah.

Because it is non Jews their suffering is lesser and to be minimised.

As usual.

9. Jonsa

Your leaps of illogic notwithstanding, I wrote it like that because if you actually read the report there is no evidence, merely accusations.

I happen to believe that an accusation requires evidence to become a crime and even more so when the victim has personal motivation to lie or exaggerate.

For instance, I don't see handcuffing somebody as torture, especially when there is no physical evidence to indicate it was "so tight as to cut off the circulation". I don't see slapping a loud mouthed teenager to shut him up as torture. I don't see making them sit all alone in a room as torture. I don't see scaring the crap out of insolent young men as torture. I don't believe these minors were only spoken to in hebrew and there is absolutely no evidence of signed "confessions" being in hebrew only.

I am equally sure that there are some abuses. No judicial system on the planet doesn't have them. I merely question the extent, frequency and description of this laundry list of accusations.

So get off the your high horse, its having trouble jumping the curb.

10. Jack Napier

Jack Napier Banned

Are you admitting or denying that Israel torture children today, and imprison them, tried like adults, before courts that often comprise of racist Jew settlers, as well?

Simple question.

Doesn't need a 300 word answer.

- - - Updated - - -

Truly staggering stuff.

11. Slyhunter

Slyhunter New Member Past Donor

Old enough to throw a rock, old enough to go to jail for doing it.

12. trout mask replica

trout mask replica New Member

I'm sorry Jonsa but shackling children, using them as human shields, putting them in leg chains and holding them for months in solitary confinement is repugnant and completely unacceptable. I would suggest that on a psychological level, especially for a child, this does amount to torture. Your casual dismissal of this barbaric Israeli practice/policy is frankly disturbing.

13. Jack Napier

Jack Napier Banned

See?

As far as he is concerned, and correct me if I am wrong, that this boy here must begin from the position of 'an Arab seeking street cred', with his allegations.

Now.

Let me see.

If we lived in a climate in which Jews were so dehumanised here that I could rape a Jewish girl, please tell me, do you think yer man would be putting it down to 'a Jew looking to gain street cred with her mates'..?

Disgusting and OBVIOUS double standard, which again, there to PROTECT Jews and ONLY Jews.

[video=youtube;SEUAPDeLkpU]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SEUAPDeLkpU&feature=player_detailpage[/video]

Look at these DEMONS.

They are a cancer and can only be cured by ruling them with a ROD OF STEEL.

[video=youtube;1r6wpUZ_RnA]https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpag e&v=1r6wpUZ_RnA[/video]

14. Jonsa

Israel does not torture children. They arrest them regularly. They are tried by MILITARY courts. What racist settlers?

Realistic stuff. But I am not surprised you are ignorant of the 'tude in da hood". You have consistently demonstrated that the lilly white pure innocence of palestinians cannot be sullied by reality.

15. Jonsa

I have no problems with shackling a 15 year old "child" or putting him in leg irons. - none at all.

Using them as human shields against rock throwers? Geez I thought that throwing rocks is just a prank. There is no evidence that soldiers were using children as shields against gun fire, but plenty that Hamas does.

I suppose you'd rather put a 14 year old "pretty boy" in general population, than solitary?

I suggest that it does not amount to torture in any legal or moral sense.

I do not casually dismiss this treatment. I try to look past the UNPROVEN allegations. And it is ONLY on the strength of that UN report where affidavits were collected from "children". These are the accusations.

I find your immediate acceptance of these allegations, from people with motive, to be true to be rather distrubing.

For some reason when talking about children getting arrested you et.al. seem to have this image of little boys of 8 or 9 getting pulled off the streets by the handful and carted away to deep dark dungeons.

As of april 1, there were 236 palestinian "children" in custody of which 39 were under 16 years of age. don't know about you, but I recall being a "child" of 16 and while niave and ignorant, physically and verbally I was adult.

I think if the crime is serious enough, don't kids as young as 14 get tried as adults in some US states?

So if you don't mind I'll save my outrage for proven abuses against children and the sanctimonious outrage of jew haters (I do not mean you).

16. Jonsa

What are you going on about? Who is going around raping palestinian girls for "street cred"?

You seem ignorant of the social stature that accrues to these "children" that have been arrested. And naturally teenagers don't lie or exaggerate at all.

What a crock.

Before or after its pulled out of yer.........

OT -
    Nominations open next week for the most hypocritically sanctimonious bigot award of 2013.
    I have a nominee in mind, but I need just a little bit more sanctimony to balance out the mountain of hypocrisy and maybe a tad more faux outrage.

got any suggestions?

17. happy fun dude

happy fun dude New Member

Is forcing a child to go homeless and hungry considered abusing a child?

18. DrewBedson

DrewBedson Active Member

Yawn

Hamas Interior Minister Boasts of Using Elderly and Children as Human Shields

[video=youtube;g0wJXf2nt4Y]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g0wJXf2nt4Y&feature=player_embedded[/video]

Israel has no such policy.

19. The Wyrd of Gawd

The Wyrd of Gawd Well-Known Member

They need to throw grenades.

20. STRANGEVISITOR72

STRANGEVISITOR72 New Member

It's like ethnic cleansing vs genocide.

21. fifthofnovember

fifthofnovember Well-Known Member

So I'm reading this post, and I think "how old is old enough to throw a rock?" I'm pretty sure it could be done at age 2. So, we should jail 2 year olds?

22. trout mask replica

trout mask replica New Member

An apologist for child abuse....WOW!

23. snakestretcher

snakestretcher Banned

A MILITARY court trying Palestinian children? Obviously perfectly acceptable in your view, but not to any right-thinking person I imagine.

24. snakestretcher

snakestretcher Banned

There is plenty of evidence for the brave and fearless warriors of the IOF using Palestinian children as human shields. Some have even *gasp* been demoted for the practise! Perhaps you might find the evidence more easily if you actually looked...http://www.guardian.co.uk/world/2010/nov/21/israeli-soldiers-human-shield-avoid-jail

The use of civilians for human shields is proscribed as a war crime. http://www.icrc.org/customary-ihl/eng/docs/v1_cha_chapter32_rule97

25. truth and justice

truth and justice Well-Known Member

How big are these rocks? It's funny how in the occupied territories, the Palestinian children throw "rocks", elsewhere in the rest of the world children throw "stones" - what are these children fed on to give them super strength?

In my childhood days, living in old blighty, we used to throw stones into the sea, sounds a lot more impressive if I said we used to throw rocks into the sea, being of super strength as I was.......

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.