Republicans are the party of racism

Discussion in 'Political Opinions & Beliefs' started by Ronstar, Aug 22, 2013.

1. Ronstar

Ronstar Well-Known Member Past Donor

They were the overwhelming driving force against a Martin Luther King Holiday.

They are the driving force against the Voting Rights Act.

they are the driving force behind mandatory drug sentences that disproporionately affect minorities.

their voting voter turnout are overwhelmingly white, while votes for Democrats better represents America's diversity.

yes, boys & girls, the GOP is the white man's 2013 party of Racism.

2. Brewskier

Brewskier Well-Known Member

I can already see one complete lie in your post:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Voting_Rights_Act_of_1965#Vote_count

For the rest, I'll ask you to prove your claims. Otherwise we'll see how this "Rule 10" thing works :)

3. Ronstar

this is 2013, not 1968 or 1965.

The once proud Republican Party, that stood up for civil rights, has become the party of Racism after the Dixiecrats became GOPers.

Johnson was right, the Democrats lost the South for a generation. Now looks like two generations.

Plus the GOP was the driving force against the MLK Holiday.
    http://www.webcitation.org/5vnLjow8L

4. Taxcutter

Taxcutter New Member

There is nothing racist about 2013 court decision of the VRA. It was merely noting the fact that the original conditions of the miod-1960s have changed.

Is adjusting to change your idea of "racism?"

5. Brewskier

Brewskier Well-Known Member

You said that Republicans were " the driving force against the Voting Rights Act". Are you referring to another voting rights act, or were you just completely wrong?

This Johnson? - "I'll have those (*)(*)(*)(*)(*)rs voting Democratic for the next 200 years."

Link doesn't work. I'm waiting for you to prove your other claims, too.

6. TBryant

TBryant Well-Known Member Past Donor

They won't see it. Can't. To them all racial civil rights issues are anti-white racism.

Umm... interesting to see if your bait gets any bites though.

peace

7. Johnny-C

Johnny-C Well-Known Member

Yep.

Sad to say, they harbor so much of it... that being as "American" as they should be... is difficult for them. :(

8. Ronstar

9. djlunacee

djlunacee New Member

"You cannot go to a 7-11 or Dunkin Donuts unless you have a slight Indian Accent." -Senator Joe Biden

“A handkerchief-head, chicken-and-biscuit-eating Uncle Tom.” -Spike Lee referring to Clarence Thomas

“White folks was in caves while we was building empires… We taught philosophy and astrology and mathematics before Socrates and them Greek homos ever got around to it.”- Rev. Al Sharpton

"I mean, you got the first mainstream African-American who is articulate and bright and clean and a nice-looking guy,...I mean, that's a storybook, man." - Joe Biden

"Obama is Electable Because he is Light Skinned with no ***** Dialect." - Harry Reid

‘Hymietown.’ - Jesse Jackson describing New York City

"Listen he's a nice person, he's very articulate" this is what's been used against him, "but he couldn't sell watermelons if it, you gave him the state troopers to flag down the traffic." -Dan Rather

"I'll have those n*ggers voting Democratic for the next 200 years." Lyndon Johnson!

“A few years ago this guy would have been getting us coffee.” Bill Clinton

“I am not going to use the federal government’s authority deliberately to circumvent the natural inclination of people to live in ethnic homogeneous neighborhoods.”- Jimmy Carter

“Rather I should die a thousand times, and see Old Glory trampled in the dirt never to rise again, than to see this beloved land of ours become degraded by race mongrels, a throwback to the blackest specimen from the wilds.”- Robert Byrd

"You'd find these potentates from down in Africa, you know, rather than eating each other, they'd just come up and get a good square meal in Geneva." -- Fritz Hollings (D, S.C.)

Mahatma Gandhi "ran a gas station down in Saint Louis." -Senator Hillary Clinton

“In the days of slavery, there were those slaves who lived on the plantation and [there] were those slaves that lived in the house. You got the privilege of living in the house if you served the master … exactly the way the master intended to have you serve him. Colin Powell’s committed to come into the house of the master. When Colin Powell dares to suggest something other than what the master wants to hear, he will be turned back out to pasture.”- Harry Belafonte

“Jews — that’s J-E-W-S.”- State Senator Bill McKinney explaining why his daughter Cynthia lost in 2002

"Is you their black-haired answer-mammy who be smart? Does they like how you shine their shoes, Condoleezza? Or the way you wash and park the whitey's cars?" -- Left-wing radio host Neil Rogers

Some junior high n*gger kicked Steve's *** while he was trying to help his brothers out; junior high or sophomore in high school. Whatever it was, Steve had the n*gger down. However it was, it was Steve's fault. He had the n*gger down, he let him up. The n*gger blindsided him." -- Roger Clinton, the President's brother on audiotape

What's that saying about stones and glass houses?

10. Ronstar

if it wasn't for Republican racism, the MLK holiday would have been passed decades earlier than it did.

11. Alfalfa

Alfalfa Banned

73 pubs voted against, 33 dems as well. Your statement that they were the "overwhelming driving force' is a fail.

You need to start telling the truth.

12. Slyhunter

Slyhunter New Member Past Donor

We already have too many holidays. Don't need any more. In fact it might be a good idea to get rid of a few of them.

13. Marine1

Marine1 Well-Known Member Past Donor

How does it disproporionately affect minorities? Are minorities using drugs more? Or are they caught peddling it more?

14. Ronstar

read the article I posted.

it shows the GOP was the driving force against the MLK Day

15. iAWESOME

iAWESOME New Member

Whites are more likely to use and sell drugs, minorities are more likely to be arrested and convicted.

16. bwk

bwk Well-Known Member

Nothing at all has changed. It's the same animal now as it was back then.

17. othervoice

othervoice Member

I think we have to be careful about calling them the party of racism. I really believe most white conservatives are not racist yet conservatism doesn't help advance justice or equal opportunity for blacks either. Remember conservatism is the dominant ideology of the GOP. It is the inherent conservative opposition to activist government needed to change society and breakdown barriers including those of race that is misguided. I think there are certain problematic assumptions conservatives make. Consider the following :

1. Human efforts to solve social problems are doomed to fail because they do not change the human heart. Social engineering and reformist policies only disrupt the natural or divinely ordained social order making problems worse. Conservatives say let things work themselves out. This is how Conservative Republicans see the market and race relations. Conservatives would agree some whites are still racist but some blacks are troublesome as well. To them affirmative action and strong emphasis on Civil Rights laws are divisive.

2. Property rights and individual liberty are harmed by rules and regulations that tell owners what they can or cannot do. Libertarian minded Republicans think its better to let individuals discriminate than to undermine liberty and property rights through civil rights laws. Meanwhile Conservative Republicans not identified with libertarianism think everything will work itself out if blacks try harder, act responsible, and are competent.

3. Conservative Republicans are well intentioned but they think charges and theories of racism undermine legitimate claims, concerns, and assumptions rooted in tradition. Conservatism is built on deep respect for tradition which is functional for society and essential to human well being and prosperity. This is why they are skeptical and hostile at times to liberal and leftwing academics and thinkers whose ideas question or criticize traditional values, behaviors, and institutions.

As a African American liberal I strongly disagree with the GOP and conservatives. I think their assumptions are wrong headed but I'm not convinced that most of them are inherently racist. At the same time a few people who post on this forum are just plain racist rather than principled conservatives. Moreover a small and powerful racist minority certainly benefits from conservatives for the very reasons mentioned above, and that is bad enough.

18. Marine1

We have had some great men down through our history and before making King a National Holiday, can you think of any other person besides Presidents, that they made a National Holiday for?

Making a National Holiday can cost government and business hundreds of billions of dollars. Do you think that might be one of the reasons many Republicans fought against it? We know that Liberals never take into consideration cost, or who will pay for it when handing out freebees. Republicans usually always do. Did you ever take that into consideration, rather than keep throwing in the race card?

19. bwk

bwk Well-Known Member

They are targeted more.

20. iAWESOME

iAWESOME New Member

Columbus, and Jesus has two.

21. Marine1

I would be willing to bet that Whites use it more and Blacks sell it more. I think priorities would say go after the seller and the user can't get it.

22. iAWESOME

iAWESOME New Member

Even if that was true users would outnumber dealers and simple logic would allow for more white users to be arrested since there are more of them. The truth is both blacks and whites sell and use drugs. Only one of those groups is targeted somehow.

23. Marine1

I just looked it up and it says this

Report says U.S. jails more blacks than whites for drugs | Reuters

www.reuters.com/article/.../us-usa-drugs-race-idUSN045368682007120...‎

Dec 4, 2007 - Report says U.S. jails more blacks than whites for drugs ... offenses than whites, even though both groups use and sell drugs at the same rate, ...

So unless they are just letting Whites go free, which I doubt, maybe it's because Blacks get in trouble more and are caught with the stuff.

24. iAWESOME

iAWESOME New Member

lol, they do, literally let whites go free. A white suburban kid could get caught with a bag of weed and the police would take him home, and give him a stern talking to. A black kid, hell, even a suburban black kid would get straight to a holding cell. Somebody rolls a joint everyday on Campus. The police are never called, and if they are they never find anything and no arrests are ever made. The truth is the same crime is committed by both "races", but whites are more likely to get the benefit of the doubt, and never face any serious punishment. I don't know why that is so hard for some people to acknowledge.

25. Blackrook

Blackrook Banned

You have been indoctrinated well so that you do not know the history of the Democrat party, which was the party of slavery, Jim Crow, the Ku Klux Klan and filibustered against the Civil Rights laws. It was a Democrat who blocked the school door to keep blacks out. It was a Democrat who only in recent years used the term "white (*)(*)(*)(*)(*)(*)" in a TV interview, and he never even apologized for it.

Republicans, on the other hand, were founded on the principle that slavery was wrong, and they fought a war to preserve the Union against Democrats who would break it up to keep their slaves. Many Republicans were murdered by the KKK during Reconstruction because they were trying to help black folks vote.

You know absolutely nothing about American history or what the hell is happening in our country now. Your ignorance is on display before the entire world. You should hang your head in shame.