A View of Somalia Pre-Anrachy and Present Anarchy

Discussion in 'Other Regions' started by upside-down cake, Sep 16, 2013.

1. upside-down cake

upside-down cake Well-Known Member

First, I'll apologize to PF if I'm posting too many video's, but I'm on a kick of late and hav the time to indulge in curiosities.

The video I posted below is an interesting study in an old question- which is better, government or anarchy. In this case, the study is of Somalia, and even for me, I was as surpised by my ignorance and preconception of the current state of the country as I was about what anarchy would mean. To be short, it is obvious that no government would ever support an anarchy and would forever condemn and ridicule one where it could not destroy it.

Here is an interesting analysis on Somalia, for those who like these sorts of things...

[video=youtube;qtGkTRnocZI]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qtGkTRnocZI[/video]

waltky and (deleted member) like this.
  2. waltky

waltky Well-Known Member

3 million in Somalia in need of aid...
    :omg:
    At least 3 million in Somalia in need of aid: U.N. Secretary General
    Wed Oct 29, 2014 - At least three million people in Somalia need humanitarian aid and the country is threatened with famine, the U.N. Secretary-General Ban Ki-moon said on Wednesday.

3. waltky

waltky Well-Known Member

ISIS growing in Somalia...
    :omg:
    Intelligence Official: Islamic State Growing in Somalia
    May 05, 2016 | WASHINGTON — Pro-Islamic State Somali militants have grown in numbers and are receiving financial and military support from Yemen, a top intelligence official told the VOA Somali Service.

4. scarlet witch

scarlet witch Well-Known Member Past Donor

So we're busy kicking them out of the middle east and they're busy moving into Africa, what a (*)(*)(*)(*)ing nightmare

5. waltky

waltky Well-Known Member

Severe food crises are growing in Kenya and Somalia...
    [​IMG]
    Food Crises Getting Worse in Somalia, Kenya
    July 10, 2017 - Severe food crises are growing in Kenya and Somalia, as the Horn of Africa continues to receive below-normal rainfall, according to the Famine Early Warning Systems Network.
    See also:

Conflict Emergencies Increase World Hunger
    June 28, 2017 — A World Food Program review of the global hunger situation in 2016 finds conflict emergencies in the Middle East, Africa and elsewhere are hampering United Nations efforts to achieve zero hunger by the year 2030.

6. waltky

waltky Well-Known Member

US Orders Staffers to Leave Mogadishu Over 'Specific Threat'...
    [​IMG]
    US Orders Staffers to Leave Somalia Over 'Specific Threat'
    November 04, 2017 - The United States has ordered all non-essential employees of its mission to Somalia to leave the capital, Mogadishu, citing “specific threat information” against them.