What can Republicans possibly run on in 2016?

Discussion in 'Political Opinions & Beliefs' started by TheBlackPearl, Oct 13, 2013.

1. TheBlackPearl

TheBlackPearl New Member

Ever since I can remember Republicans have been running on claims of being good for business and strong on defense.

But the truth is that they have driven the economy into the dirt TWICE now counting the Great Depression and GWB's failed policies. In fact the ONLY reason they ever had that claim in the first place was the HIGH LIVING under Reagan when he ran up the nation's credit cards to the tune of FIVE BILLION DOLLARS (afi) changing the US from the world's greatest creditor nation to the world's greatest debtor nation. And we haven't won a war since WW II under FDR and Truman. (Iran won Bush's war in Iran without firing a shot or incurring one dime in costs!) It turned out that all that pro-war nonsense was nothing but a give away to the arms dealers and a hand out of Northern money to Southern states.

Since Duh-bya left the White House (in shame and disgrace) Republicans have been running a campaign best described as, "We know WE suck but those guys are WORSE! No really! Trust us! We wouldn't lie to you AGAIN! We PROMISE!" And so far it hasn't really worked very well. Oh, sure, they managed to gerrymander some districts after gloating Democrats stayed home in off-year 2010 patting themselves on their backs for getting Obama elected. But its not like anyone really wanted the GOP. What with their bottom scraping approval ratings and all. That's why Obama won in 2012 by FIVE MILLION VOTES. And more than ONE MILLION more people voted for Democratic Congressmen than Republicans.

And god knows that they are doing EVERYTHING they possibly can to keep people from voting. Whether that be forcing urban blacks and 80 year old war widows to produce driver's licenses for cars they don't own. Or putting common names like John Brown from one state (Texas) on another state's (Florida) "Can not vote" list. Or using their Supreme Court members to sell our highest offices to the highest bidders without so much as telling us who they are. Are they even AMERICANS? We'll NEVER know.

But the GOP is going to have to choose SOME issue to run on in 2016. AREN'T THEY?

My guess is ARMAGEDDON. What's yours?

2. LivingNDixie

LivingNDixie New Member

The GOP still has
    Guns
    God
    Abortion (though that one is worn pretty thin)
    Homosexuality
    Hollywood
    Liberal Media (not even sure what that means, but all the Cons believe it that I know)

3. Smartmouthwoman

Smartmouthwoman Bless your heart Past Donor

Such partisan nonsense doesn't really deserve an answer but I'll give you one anyway.

Republicans will run on cleaning up Obama's mess.

Believe me, they won't need another platform 3 yrs from now.

4. Johnny-C

Johnny-C Well-Known Member

I know one thing they ought to lay off of, and that's being 'extreme'; coming in so dramatically on the scene... as if they have all the absolute answers to everything that has ailed this country for the last 50 years. They'd do a LOT better to admit their mistakes and lack of concern for the MIDDLE CLASS; then they'd get somewhere with people.

5. Pregnar Kraps

Pregnar Kraps New Member Past Donor

You don't know what the term, "Liberal Media" means???

Uh, maybe the founder of PF could start a new forum called, PF Jr. where you could find out what the Liberal Media is, what the Liberal Media isn't and why a Liberal Media is bad for America, particularly with the way it currently operates and cooperates with the Obama regime.

6. SFJEFF

SFJEFF New Member

I think that would be called PF- the Conspiracy Theory.

- - - Updated - - -

Back to the OP.

If ACA fails- the Republicans will run against it.
    If ACA works- the Republicans will say it is not working- and run against it.

And in general just slander Democrats and Obama as they have been for the last 5 years.

The Party of No will not let their whining be silenced.

7. TheBlackPearl

TheBlackPearl New Member

Pregnar I've been looking for someone who could tell me how a media that is owned by the ultra-rich (mostly Republican) and paid for by multi-national corporate advertising can be "liberal". You know all those commercials you see for pharmaceutical companies and oil companies and insurance companies? That's where those media companies get their money. Billions and billions of dollars. Now I would HATE to think that you're just blowing smoke out of your GOP. I'm sure you have some well thought out explanation of why they're liberal.

8. RtWngaFraud

RtWngaFraud Banned

Obama can run on cleaning up Bush's mess too. Seems Bush's mess was a little messier and complicated though. Republicans can't possibly win the WH, because they just can't relate to the average person, and that's the bottom line.

9. Spiritus Libertatis

Spiritus Libertatis New Member Past Donor

I don't know anymore.

(*)(*)(*)(*) it, I nominate Penn Gillette for President and Teller for VP.

10. Marine1

Marine1 Well-Known Member Past Donor

Bush's policies didn't bring this economy down.

11. akphidelt2007

akphidelt2007 New Member Past Donor

The Republicans will nominate a very moderate candidate again making the race pretty close in 2016. Just like 2012, once the nutjobs leave their southern states, they get laughed at and the Republican party is left to vote in whoever is the most normal person on stage. This year it was Romney, in 4 years it will probably be a Christie type that doesn't toe the nut job conservative line. The one thing I know is that the Republicans will not win as long as they continue pandering to their extremist base. The country does not want to live like the ignorant South.

12. TheBlackPearl

TheBlackPearl New Member

Yes we know. That economic free fall at the end of 2008 is a conservative's idea of economic bliss. Think of all the money to be made shorting the stock exchange.

13. Marine1

Marine1 Well-Known Member Past Donor

No you don't know. What brought down this economy during Bush is
    1. NAFTA
    2.Free Trade.
    We lost millions of jobs because of those two things and Bush had nothing to do with either.
    3.Putting pressure on banks to give out more home loans to people who could not afford them.
    4. Changing the law that had been in place since the Great Depression that allowed banks to get into risky derivatives, Those two things brough the banks down. Put that all together and that sir is what brought this economy down. Not saying Bush tax cuts and the two wars didn't help, but if the other things hadn't of happened, this economy wouldn't have collapsed. I mean back in the 1960, taxes wre cut 21%, much more than Bush cut them and that was during the Vietnam war. On top of that Johnson started up the multi trillion dollar war on poverty and the economy didn't collapse like it did now.

14. logical1

logical1 Well-Known Member Past Donor

Well for one thing, by 2016 the republicans can run on the fact that nearly half the national debt was run up by Obama and the democrats wild uncontrolled spending.

15. REPUBLICRAT

REPUBLICRAT Well-Known Member

Really? So starting 2 long-term wars and cutting taxes at the same time didn't hurt our economy? Please explain.

16. TheBlackPearl

TheBlackPearl New Member

Following is one of the best rants I've ever found on this subject:

And btw though Clinton took the heat for NAFTA that was actually the Republicans doing. Bush Sr. ran out of time and left it on the President's desk. Signing it was one of Clinton's first acts as President. But don't mistake it as a Democratic effort. NAFTA is pure conservatism at work. And Duh-bya wanted to expand it across all of the Americas.

17. Spiritus Libertatis

Uh, the Great Recession was the fault of Fannie Mae, Freddie Mac and idiots on Wall St. who thought they could get away with murder, almost didn't, but then the government bailed them out so they did in the end. Not Bush.

18. Karma Mechanic

Karma Mechanic Well-Known Member

Except the so-called liberal media doesn't exist. Facts just have a left wing bias.

19. EyesWideOpen

EyesWideOpen Well-Known Member Past Donor

The problem with the dems, is they are lemmings, no one stands out from the rest, they have all rubber stamped everything Reid and 0bama are doing. What will the democratic candidate run on for 2016, a continuation of the terrible 0bama legacy of poverty, debt and despair? Or will the dem candidates rip 0bama, Reid and Pelosi to shreds? I don't see how they can do otherwise then to divorce themselves from this economic and legislative carnage that the 0bama/Reid team have given us.

20. normalguy23

normalguy23 New Member

Im from a democratic family and I voted for Obama the first time. He has been so horrid that I would be one person that will easily listen to a republican for the next election. Obama claimed to be for the middle class. Hell no he isnt. He is for the poor class. He loves poor people so much that he wants to make more of them. His policies are horrid. Stop taking from working america so you can pay the non-workers and get some jobs here.

21. RtWngaFraud

RtWngaFraud Banned

How is it that the guy sitting in the White House now, is the cause and demise of everything that ever was, and with the right wing occupant, it was "somebody elses fault"? He WAS President in 2008, was he not? Where is that buck supposed to stop, exactly? If it's all Obama's fault now, why wasn't it Bush's fault when the great Bush Depression of 2008 occurred? How's that work exactly?

22. RtWngaFraud

RtWngaFraud Banned

More right wingers wouldn't solve anything.

23. RtWngaFraud

RtWngaFraud Banned

Bush spent like a drunken sailor and it (apparently) hasn't changed. I guess if it was good for Bush, it must be good for Obama? (Obama wasn't even in office in 2008 but, it must have been his fault. Couldn't possibly have been the right wing, White House occupant at the time).

- - - Updated - - -

Bush was for deregulation, wasn't he?

24. Spiritus Libertatis

Yes he was, but the regulation in question was repealed by Clinton.

25. RtWngaFraud

RtWngaFraud Banned

I guess that's why Bush and Clinton are such great friends now.

Clinton was President in 2008 though, was he?