The Beginning for the End for the GOP

Discussion in 'Current Events' started by TheAngryLiberal, Oct 15, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TheAngryLiberal

TheAngryLiberal Banned

It's Funny how the GOP can call themselves the Conservative, Family Values Moral Party when they are anything but. Reagan comes in 1980 and makes the National Debt go up 4 fold and the Republicans never looked back, then GW Bush leaves President Obama an almost $11 Trillion National Debt and a $1.4 Trillion Deficit, Two Unfunded Wars in Iraq and Afghanistan, A Recession and 800,000 Jobs being lost in America, while almost 50,000 Factories had closed across America and the work being outsourced overseas. Now they have the Balls with their Revisionist History to try and make it look as if all of America's problems started 4 1/2 Years ago when Obama was voted in, while the GOP's Leaders were plotting on Inauguration Day 2009 of how they were going to make President Obama a One term President, by doing everything they could to work against him and slow the Nations recovery. These Idiots call themselves Patriots, when they are nothing but Traitors who can't stand the Fact that Barack Obama spanked them 2 elections in a row and now they are threatening to burn America's economy to Ashes if they don't get their way. I for one can't wait for the Day when these Dinosaurs that associate themselves with the Republicans Party become extinct and hopefully America remembers in 2014 what they tried to do to the America Economy with the Debt Ceiling. If the GOP really was what they claim to be and Conservative, I could understand some of their concerns the claim, but History shows they are more accountable for a vast majority of the National Debt in this Country to the point that the Democrats looks like the ones who are really the Conservative ones. Hopefully America gives President Obama a Congress that he can work with in 2014, that's the only way were going to make any Progress.

2. TheAngryLiberal

TheAngryLiberal Banned

I'm more of a Conservative then probably 90% of the People in this Country, but to for the Republicans to call themselves that is a Joke. What the Hell have they done in the last 33 years that is Conservative, all they do is spend like Drunken sailors and have sent our our Debt into the Stratosphere. They should call themselves the Bull(*)(*)(*)(*) Party, because that's all they do is Bull(*)(*)(*)(*) the Puppets who support them.

3. Ctrl

Ctrl Well-Known Member Past Donor

I apologize to the OP. I called him a dirty name and that is a violation of the TOS. My behavior is not exemplary of the site in general. This was a terrible introduction. I really am sorry.

4. Ctrl

I would suggest they are two sides of the same coin, and supporting either makes you a puppet. I am Pinocchio.

5. Dollface

Dollface New Member

Here is a little more to add. The last Democrat who was President had the government shut down by a Speaker who was disrespected. Then impeached... I wonder what is gonna happen next with Republicans since they are going to lose this. They are gonna impeach Obama for nothing.

6. Smartmouthwoman

Smartmouthwoman Bless your heart Past Donor

The GOP of yesterday isn't necessarily the GOP of tomorrow. If you think the tea party movement didn't get Republicans attention, you're out of touch.

Conservatives in this country have two choices, Democrat or Republican. It's a good bet there's not a single conservative Democrat in the party. And a better bet we'll see more and more conservatives elected into the GOP.

Times they are a'changing, MrAngryLiberal. Don't get left behind.

7. Sadanie

Sadanie Well-Known Member Past Donor

Well, if one can't argue the logic of an opponent's comment. . . one who has a little mind can always jump on "punctuation" to make at least a semi-valid (although totally irrelevant to the thread) point!

By the way. . .Welcome Angry Liberal. ..although I would prefer your name to be simply "Liberal!" I'm glad you're here!

8. TastyWheat

TastyWheat New Member

I sympathize with the Republicans on occasion, but they've really hit a new low as far as credibility and even rationality are concerned. I'd have to agree with pretty much everything the OP said, but I still don't think progress is synonymous with prosperity or peace, which should be our only goals.

9. Ctrl

Or the illegal arming training and generally aiding, including hirining, of Libyan Jihadist rebels who happened to be affiliated with AQ, to overthrow a secular government.
    Or the illegal arming of Syrian Jihadist rebels who happened to be affiliated with AQ, to overthrow a secular government.
    Or the continuing cover-up of Benghazi, and the stonewalling and lies from the administration.
    Or the abuse of IRS powers to interfere in the operation of the oppositions business.
    Or the expansion of powers to the NSA and free ride of their abuses, and lies under oath to congress.
    Or the kidnapping of a head of state to search his plane, and personal belongings, for Snowden, or files he might have given him.

How would the US respond to the hijacking of our President over South America? How would that play out?

10. Sadanie

I'm sure the tea party left his mark. . .and it is not a pretty one! Any Conservative with a half brain will do everything he/she can to distance him/herself from the ridiculous, worthless train wreck that the tea party has become.

I do not believe that all Conservatives are stupid or extreme. . .and I believe there are a LOT of smart people in the Republican party! But, in the tea party, there is a majority of stupid, uneducated people, who are being manipulated by a few smart, articulate, but very destructive people.

And I believe that this "shutdown" stupidity has been instrumental in showing the destructive and irresponsible influence of the tea party.

11. Smartmouthwoman

I don't know who 'he' or 'the tea party' is, but I can assure you the Republicans are aware their constituents expect more conservative candidates and agendas. I happen to support the RNC and I'm constantly being asked to complete surveys and participate on phone-in townhall meetings and attend local and regional conferences aimed at framing a new Republican party.

The lines have become clearer since Obama's been in office. Democrats are the party of liberals. Republicans are the party of conservatives.

It's those non-committal folks who'll make the decision whether we go left or right. Since Obama's approval rating among Indys is 19% right now... I think we know which way they're leaning.

12. Sadanie

19%? From what source?

Gallup puts Independent's approval rating of Obama at 33%

Obviously, you would prefer to take the most extreme (Fox News?) polls. . .I thought you tried that a year ago through the elections?

How did that work for you then?

13. Smartmouthwoman

Did you just ask and answer your own question?

Obviously you think 33% is way better than 19. ROFL

14. Marine1

Marine1 Well-Known Member Past Donor

Your going to blame Bush for all those lost jobs when NAFTA and Free Trade were signed before he ever took office?

The debt that Reagan racked up was because he built up our military that Carter had cut at a time that the Soviets were pouring billions into theirs, trying to get military superiority over us. Reagan told the Soviets he would never let that happen and he not only built up our military, but he tried to bankrupt the Soviets to bring them down and many gave Reagan credit for helping to do just that. But when Reagan left office, the economy was thriving and he had one of the highest number of jobs created

15. Marine1

Marine1 Well-Known Member Past Donor

As for blaming Bush for two unfunded wars, how about Johnson? He cut taxes 21% during the Vietnam war and then started off the multi trillion War On Poverty.

16. The Wyrd of Gawd

The Wyrd of Gawd Well-Known Member

In and of itself the size of the national debt doesn't matter. In fact it's probably better to have a larger national debt than a smaller one. That's because so many people and institutions depend on owning a slice of it for their investment portfolios.

The debt serves several purposes. First, it allows for lower taxes overall. If operations were fully funded by taxes then taxes would have to be increased across the board. The government can't target specific people and institutions for extra money.

Second, it provides people with a guaranteed rate of return on their savings investments. Some people buy savings bonds to help finance their kid's college expenses. They own part of the debt.

Third, the government gets money from those with money without inflicting undue tax pain on everyone else.

Fourth, it takes money out of circulation, thereby helping to control inflation. In the case of foreigners it prevents them from investing all of their money in their own national economies. That prevents them from improving their own infrastructure. As long as they buy our paper they aren't improving their own mudholes.

Debt can be good if it's properly managed.

17. The Wyrd of Gawd

The only poll about Obama that matters is one that polls the people who voted for him in the States that he carried. Everyone else is irrelevant. It simply doesn't matter what anyone, Dem or Repub, thinks in States like Texas or Georgia. It doesn't matter what Repubs think in States like California or New York. So Gallup can shove its poll where the sun doesn't shine because it's worthless.

18. fiddlerdave

fiddlerdave Well-Known Member Past Donor

When they take hostages, they really should at ;east pretend the hostage will survive.

[video]http://www.upworthy.com/see-this-daily-show-reporter-loses-his-cool-when-hes-confronted-with-stupidity-naturally?c=ufb1[/video]

19. The Wyrd of Gawd

That's too funny but so true.

20. EggKiller

EggKiller Well-Known Member

Yep, the party of division. Thanks for your honesty. Can I have a cell with a window?

21. Angrytaxpayer

Angrytaxpayer Banned

They all suck. Fire them all.

22. OKgrannie

OKgrannie Well-Known Member Past Donor

OP doesn't meet standards for thread creation--closed.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.