nit paying back your debt is honorless...

Discussion in 'Economics & Trade' started by Akuma, Oct 18, 2013.

1. Akuma

Akuma New Member

i think the behavior of usa is terrible. japan is the 2nd biggest lender of money to usa. 1.100 billion $... must we fear for our investment?

2. Draco

Draco Well-Known Member

Unfortunately a large majority of our country doesn't even know what the word honor means.

While most it's people, I wouldn't trust with a hundred dollar bill, the American government has enough money coming in from the "makers" that it won't miss a payment.

I personally believe we too often set government regulation that make too easy for people to walk away from obligations and set a presidency of being irresponsible.

Our country could however use a large dose of Bushido! in schools today. Well, maybe not the fighting and dying part .... But honor, like chivalry, is sadly a dying trend.

3. DrewBedson

DrewBedson Active Member

Nope. If you're worried then lend money to Syria or something equally risky, the US is still solid.

4. smalltime

smalltime Active Member

If you are going to lecture me about my country's debt, learn to spell first..........then we'll talk.

5. gchamblee

gchamblee Well-Known Member Past Donor

have we actually missed a payment or is this posturing by a poster that looks for opportunities to make japan look bigger by talking about how small the usa is? i think i know the answer.

6. DrewBedson

DrewBedson Active Member

No, no payments have been missed and, even if they had, the ability of the US to repay is not, nor has ever been in question so, the latter.

7. happy fun dude

happy fun dude New Member

Right.. The whole world will always have rock-solid faith and credit in the United States, the most indebted country in the world, because it turns out that at the last minute they decide they are able to make the minimum payments on their trillions of debt after all, by borrowing even more money from somewhere else.

8. AmericanNationalist

AmericanNationalist Well-Known Member

Yeah, payments will still be made. We're just at a figurative point in the debate to keep the Empire a sustainable, glorious envy of the world. However, many who oppose reform simply believe we're at the cream of the crop. Or another way of putting it, they think losing is winning.

And I don't mean losing politically, the nation is losing. 17 trillion dollars to be precise.

9. happy fun dude

I wonder how far the can can be kicked... A few years maybe? As long as there's no shut off on the non-stop quantitative money-fabrication.

10. Akuma

Akuma New Member

I don't know if you noticed but Japan is worried about our investment and called the current behavior of USA unreasonable and a disgrace. China agreed with us, which is rare and said that USA take the world hostage with their behavior and called for de- americanisation. To lend someone money needs trust, Trust that usa lacks. How can i trust someone who has braindead government?

11. AmericanNationalist

We noticed, but primarily two things.

1) We don't care. Until and if the world decides to move a different direction, we pretty much have you hostage and.

2)Presuming we win this battle against the spend-thrift Liberals, we can restore our credit to 90's levels, if not better.

I yearn to counter inflation and bring prices down. An American Restoration allows us to be a full creditor for many more years.

If the world gives us its support, we can restore the American Economy.

If the world, and even Americans wane in their support, expect us to return here and inevitably lose our status.

12. Draco

Draco Well-Known Member

There is a percentage here that has noticed, but it is still small compared to the big government types on the left and even some on the right.

The longer it goes and closer we get to real repercussions, the more will "notice".

13. Steady Pie

Steady Pie Well-Known Member Past Donor

I would suggest not lending the US any more money, because it's doubtful that you'll see it for a long time.

However, the US is well within its rights to not pass their budget. If that results in a drop in your trade income that's too bad.

14. Akuma

Akuma New Member

It is not the trade income we worry. It is our investment that we lend USA. That is OUR tax money. Credit comes from latin "credere" trust or believe in...Japan gives you 1100 billion of our tax money because we believe you pay it back. You use our money to build infrastructure in your country, to pay bills, to pay your military...and we lend it to you because we believe that you will honor your obligations and pay it back as you promised in contract. There was a time when americans knew that no matter what happens, you need to pay back your debt. It would be sad if that has changed, don´t you think?

Your politicians circus show did cost your own economy billions of $. It brings the world economy in danger. You eed a stable government, not one that looks like government of some 3rd world banana republic.

15. Steady Pie

Steady Pie Well-Known Member Past Donor

Your frustration is understandable, but the terms of the contract afforded Japan/China no control over the United States' appropriations bills.

I'm not quite sure why you're lending them money anyway. Their debt is exceeds their total yearly production.

16. johnmayo

johnmayo New Member Past Donor

Your money is safe. The question should be when is your country going to stop printing debt and manipulating its currency. We hear about how china does this to gain an unfair trade advantage but Japan is now and has been far more aggressive then the Chinese. That is why no one wants japanamoney. Who knows when the dishonorably hit print and repudiate that debt.

Don't worry about your money. We can fit your economy inside of CA.

- - - Updated - - -

What is Bushido? Is that the art of the sneak attack? Or is that a type of war crime?

Get over your lefterism and get on team USA.

17. johnmayo

No everything is fine. Stop watching the news. We had enough revenue comin in to pay loans off even if the ceiling wasnt increased. Do you know what kabuki is? Here, the politicians perform and we watch. The government shut down 8 times under Reagan and 6 times under Carter. Did you even know that? Is it because it had no effect so they didn't bother teaching you? Meanwhile your country is still playin currency games.

http://www.theguardian.com/business/2013/apr/04/japan-bank-money-supply-inflation-deflation

What we need is countervailing duties against your people and the Chinese until the learn to play fair. Just be lucky Romney isn't in office. He had your number. It is very dishonorable to print money to pay your bills and gain an unfair trade advantage but that is what you have been doing for awhile.

We got 60 senators so far that want to take action against your country. Hopefully we will add the president to that list and we will be able to come after your economy with tough sanctions.

http://www.zerohedge.com/news/2013-...ter-protesting-japanese-currency-manipulation

Me personally. I don't care how far Japan goes into debt subsidizing us but it is costing jobs and the people are tired of the games.

18. Akuma

Akuma New Member

We fight deflation and we do that sucessful. Our economy is growing and Abenomics work so far. If you are only competive while sanctioning us that says how sad you have become. It is our governments responsibility to do best for Japan and for japanese workers, not for yours. I hope we agree with that. Beside that there will be no american sanctions. There never were. You simply need us. Japan is your strongest ally in asia. So far your governments, no matter which, tried evrything not to anger us. We pretty much have a free pass for any economic game we play since decades. Thats the price you pay for our friendship.

19. johnmayo

Abenomics is going to lead you into a debt spiral you will not climb out of. What are you guys at now? 230% of GDP in debt? Worst then the democrats and your population is aging fast. Very worrisome. You have stagflation and are printing. Big mistake.

As far as competition goes, I guess fair competition isn't part of the Japanese code of honor. Only dirty tricks against your trading partners. The people of America are getting wise to your currency games. It is only a matter of time before we shut you off or equalize the relationship and then your real recession begins.

20. AmericanNationalist

Actually no we can't, your right about Japan's inflationary policy. It's 200% of the GDP. It makes our problems look nonexistent by comparison. As much as I love the Japanese and their society, they've been financially insolvent for the last 2 or 3 decades. That's mostly because it's a liberal-ruled country.

I don't mean that there's "right" opposition. There is no right, there is no center. They're literally voting for one Liberal party or another and I wonder how that works. Is it the party that promises the most pork?

Oh come now, Google's your friend(and Japan's been our ally since the late 1800's, save for WWII).

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bushido

The Way of the Sword is an expressed form of life(and has been since that nation's inception). Of course, what was once channeled through the blade is now channeled through their society.

In that sense, Akuma's complaints are legitimate. He sees the U.S as interconnected to the world, and thereby via Japanese honor we would be obligated to uphold our responsibilities.

Interestingly enough, his SN means devil in their native language. Which makes it all the more ironic that a 'devil' would tell man to uphold his obligations. Wouldn't an angel(tenshi) be more fitting?

21. Akuma

Akuma New Member

No, then we will rethink our relation with the USA and you will lose us as ally and that will but your economy even more down. Japan is your guarantee for acess into asia. You lose us, you lose asia. It is that easy.

Also our debt is different to yours. Our external debt is very low. Most is internal debt. It is like a hidden tax with the promise to be paid back. That makes us independend from outside pressure.

22. happy fun dude

So why did the ceiling need to be increased? And why didn't we pay the loans off then?

What are the honorable reasons to make new money?

23. happy fun dude

Then like me, you yearn for the USA to do a an immediate U-turn on economic policy, and stop fabricating money and spending beyond our means, as that's the only real way to do that. Thank you for your support and we need more.

Not "more" years as we are not creditors. We are the biggest borrowers the world has ever seen. The situation is the opposite. We need to dig ourselves out of the this deep debt hole, and try not to go bankrupt.

It's also important to stop being less belligerent then, like spying on the whole world, or playing political games that make other nations second-guess our willingness to pay back on debt, because global support is waning. The world are posturing to become less dependent. Like BRICS for example.

24. AmericanNationalist

No problem, but as we see. Neo-Liberal insistence in America(and worldwide) is quite persistent. Unless we win them over, or otherwise convert more people into supporting a Pro American economic policy, we'll continue to be on the losing end and our future in grave peril.

I do have a bachelor's in Business, so I read a bit on Microeconomics. NAFTA/Free trade deals, etc open up a bunch of black holes where basically monies and goods flow out of the market. It can only be sustained if we bring more in then we lend out of course. But obviously, that's not where we are economically or where our political minds are at the moment.

It's temporarily "cheaper" to access INTL. Goods, even if that means shipping off jobs overseas. I'd do a 180* and I'd pursue a Western-Protectionist policy. Only trades with high skilled nations, and I'd begin to phase out our "relationship" with China, that's the one big ticking time bomb.

Maybe the shut down was viewed as a game, but it wasn't one so much to me. A 2.7 trillion heist on the American People, forcing them to join in on Obama's ponzi scheme, and the Neo-Liberals in America support it for political purposes, no more than that.

25. johnmayo

Oh come on, when a foreign or picks on America a little jabbing back their way is totally called for. Don't get factual with me when they are bad mouthing the USA.

Four Californias then.

When Japan stops printing money like crazy thy can complain about how other people honorably run their currency and bond markets and not a minute sooner.