Is PF a conspiracy forum now?

Discussion in 'Conspiracy Theories' started by Cdnpoli, Oct 27, 2013.

You are viewing posts in the Conspiracy Theory forum. PF does not allow misinformation. However, please note that posts could occasionally contain content in violation of our policies prior to our staff intervening.

1. Cdnpoli

Cdnpoli Banned

Why am I always seeing conspiracy forum type comments in latest news, current events and political opinions and beliefs?

I can't see the difference between this forum and infowars /prison planet.

Am I the only one?

It is really hurting this website by scaring all of the moderate posters away and only leaving the conspiracy / extreme ones left.

Yeah I am not supposed to post this here but the mods have ignored me.
    But they'll take my money no problem!

2. Jonsa

Jonsa Well-Known Member Past Donor

shhhhhhshhhhh.
    don't you know they are watching?

3. Kurmugeon

Kurmugeon Well-Known Member

Just because the Liberals are in denial about the illegal behavior of the IRS, DEA, EPA, DHS, and NSA, does not mean that the stories about it are not current events worthy of serious debate.

Perhaps the most common "Conspiracy Theory" thread I note, is the silly thread pushing the wacky concept of human caused global warming.

Maybe if your "Dear Leader" quit acting like a fascist, the current events threads would be more to your liking... Perhaps you Libs should talk to him about he and his administration's behavior.

4. Beevee

Beevee Well-Known Member Past Donor

I realise Steven Harper is responsible for most things, but how is he involved in this?

5. Pregnar Kraps

Pregnar Kraps New Member Past Donor

Guess who everyone else thinks the nutter really is?

No, not me. And not any of the Conservative posters.

6. TBryant

TBryant Well-Known Member Past Donor

I just dislike the quality of the conspiracy theorist here. A good conspiracy is very entertaining, logic connections and historical event tie ins and hidden relationships, lots of fun if the person writing it has a good imagination.

But most of the conspiracy people here never bother to explain why or how their whole conspiracy works. They just make off the wall statements like "Jewish Zionist control the federal reserve and the UN!!!!" and it gets even less understandable when you ask them to explain.

I think they should all have to blog a long detailed manuscript about their conspiracy that can be viewed anytime. Just so we all know what they are talking about.

peace

7. junius. fils

junius. fils New Member

It's not the IRS, DEA, EPA, DHS, or NSA. It's the CHIPMUNKS! Think about it. When they see you, they always run and hide. WHY ARE THEY HIDING? Perhaps they are tunneling under every house AND PLANTING LITTLE TINY ATOM BOMBS! I tell you, it's a plot!

Ba-DA-BING!

8. SpaceCricket79

SpaceCricket79 New Member Past Donor

Report them and the mods will move it to the "Conspiracy theories" section if it fits the critera

9. Cdnpoli

Cdnpoli Banned

And they never do.

10. LivingNDixie

LivingNDixie New Member

I have reported threads that were moved...

11. Cdnpoli

Cdnpoli Banned

I'm talking comments. Hundreds of comments that deal with conspiracy (*)(*)(*)(*).
    Like saying obama is gonna take their guns away. Those conspiracy comments.
    They pollute dozens of threads.

12. LivingNDixie

LivingNDixie New Member

Usually when I report a post it is because it is a personal attack at me or someone else. I pretty much report them all even if it is being thrown to someone I disagree with. They have a small number of mods, sometimes it takes time for things to get done. As for reporting weird posts, I leave them and just laugh generally. Sometimes I will post a equally absurd reply... other times I just laugh at my screen. Just depends on my mood I guess.

13. Cdnpoli

Cdnpoli Banned

One or two posts are weird but if i find them in every political thread it becomes an infestation. And an issue of the integrity of this forum. These comments are common on Infowars. The quality of posts on both sides has gone down hill and there isn't any point anymore of being on here.

Some guy in a non conspiracy thread just told me the Chinese were going to take North America. He believes it is going to happen.

I can't be here anymore. I cannot laugh at these comments there's too many.

You may stay but I am not going to let my brain waste a way anymore reading these brain damaging comments.

Good day PF. You crazy psychos.

14. SpaceCricket79

SpaceCricket79 New Member Past Donor

Then threads like "Republicans are going to take our contraception away" or "The Tea Party is secretly run by racists" or "Christians are going to establish a theocracy and bring back heretic burnings" are also conspiracy theories

15. Mr. Swedish Guy

Mr. Swedish Guy New Member

Now? Hell, it's been like this way too long already. But fear not citizen, your concerns are known and shared by many and a comminsion has already been put to work trying to find a solution to this deterioration of debate and substance.

16. Spiritus Libertatis

Spiritus Libertatis New Member Past Donor

There's nothing to be done. This is the only routinely active site I could find that was dedicated to political debate. I'm surprised something as universal as politics has so few forums online, but in any case if you're into politics enough that you want to come online and argue with strangers about it, you're more than just Joe Moderate.

17. GoneGoing

GoneGoing New Member

I guess this thread is the subliminal reinforcement, designed to prime the pump as it were, because if I go post in the other thread about the CDC and antibiotics, and I have to explain in detail how the CDC is really run by politicians, and how it's become just another death panel, conjuring up some bogus scientific basis for refusing to offer life-saving medications to poor people under Obamacare because it's more profitable to expedite their demise, yeah, well, payback is a (*)(*)(*)(*)(*) because now you "psychos" get to wrestle with this freakish run-on sentence.

18. OverDrive

OverDrive Well-Known Member Past Donor

Because speculation and gossip are so much more fun than boring facts... [​IMG]

19. fifthofnovember

fifthofnovember Well-Known Member

I think the OP is just upset that conspiracy-minded thinking has become so widespread. These are the political opinions of these people, and as such belong in any thread relevant to that. They should not be censored from the discussion just because some people don't like it, and I hear types of conspiracy theories from people of every political leaning, so it's not a left/right thing. Could just be that there is an actual conspiracy or two going on in the world. Nah, that's crazy talk. No one has ever conspired. Crazy.

20. YouLie

YouLie Well-Known Member

Oh, well let's just keep all of the conversations where the mainstream media and the Republi-crats want them. Don't talk about anything that doesn't follow the script.

21. Smartmouthwoman

Smartmouthwoman Bless your heart Past Donor

Good to know which posters consider themselves forum cops.
    Waaaah, I don't want to read that... make it go away!

Hilarious.

22. SMDBill

SMDBill Well-Known Member

OP, my personal view on it is it extends well outside the forum and there are just so many reasons for it. We're routinely lied to. The media gets caught lying to us, the politicians are caught regularly lying to us (remember ACA will save the average family $2500 and you can keep coverage? Remember Benghazi was over a videotape and was just a public outrage (check CBS's latest on that for confirmation it was all a lie)? Remember CNN's blue screen in the background and bad acting trying to convince the public they were taking enemy fire in Iraq in the early 1990s?). We're all hit with so much in the last decade...like those WMD's that didn't ever exist and then Cheney saying on video they really couldn't ever tie 9/11 to Bin Laden...that the lack of trust is growing. Eyes are opening and people are beginning to question more than I think they ever have. The internet surely helps that.

I have learned to question everything just because of my own experiences and the levels of deception, such as "we're not monitoring US citizens" and then we find out they're doing exactly that. The media and politicians can't just lie to us and expect us to follow blindly. That leads to us making assumptions and trying to connect dots that haven't yet been connected as evidence of something. That leads to theories and then people come here to relate what they believe to real life events we've already experienced. Or that's my view on it.

23. Smartmouthwoman

Smartmouthwoman Bless your heart Past Donor

Good post. I'm much more concerned about people who don't question anything Big Brother does. See my avatar for more on that subject. ;)

24. Fangbeer

Fangbeer Well-Known Member Past Donor

Crazy people only seem more prevalent now because crazy people have a better ability to communicate their ideas to a larger audience. There were always crazy people, you just never heard much from them because the sounds of their voices didn't reach outside of the padded rooms in which they used to dwell.

Now, the world is at their fingertips and they crave validation for their crazy ideas.

25. Validation Boy

Validation Boy Well-Known Member

See? You already know a lot about "conspiracy theories".

Why wouldn't you want to expand that area of interest you have, with newer theories you haven't heard yet?