Black man charged with hate crime against white victim during the "knockout game."

Discussion in 'Race Relations' started by Channe, Nov 24, 2013.

1. Channe

Channe Well-Known Member Past Donor

Hate crime charges against a black Brooklyn man for assaulting a white man could raise the stakes over what to do about the so-called “knockout game,” where primarily young black men surprise white victims with a rain of punches – sometimes for a $5 bet.

Police have been receiving reports that indicate a wave of “knockout game” incidents primarily in the Northeast, and some police are now beginning to draw connections between individual reports. “I think it’s very real,” Sgt. Tom Connellan told the New York Times. “As opposed to a motive for assault, be it anger or robbery, this is strictly for a game.”

The apparent object of the game is to pick an unsuspecting victim and knock them out with a punch. The perpetrators are often described as ethically challenged teenagers, but the potential racial element has begun to be noticed more broadly by community leaders in places like Brooklyn.

Quoted by a local TV news station, Brooklyn Rabbi Yaacov Behrmann said that he believes the assaults are part of “a disturbing game by some African-American teens.”

For the record - I was born in one of the poorest nations on Earth and my father worked his ass off and today he is a professor living the American dream. I'm a liberal, and I'm not white - but what I cannot stand is the belief by many of today's inner city blacks that they know what real poverty is. Real poverty doesn't come with a welfare check every month or the time and ability to play something as idiotic and immoral as "the knockout game." These punks wouldn't last a day in a truly poor nation.

It is about damn time these simple minded sociopaths were dealt with for their primitive and inexcusable behavior. One of the biggest group of racists are the under 30 hood rats from the thug culture. They have no morals, no drive, no ambition. They are lazy and crime prone because it's the fun and easy way out. They look at educated blacks as sell outs and believe the white man owes them everything. They have no idea what true oppression is and basically run around like animals destroying not only their culture but those around them. There's a reason no one take the thug culture seriously anymore - as a people they have marginalized themselves into the least respected group of Americans. The only problem is far left people like Mellissa Harris Perry who love to propagate blacks and women as constant victims of "the white man."

http://news.yahoo.com/brooklyn-attack-arrest-knockout-game-hate-crime-195925327.html

2. conhog

conhog Banned

I'm no fan of hate crime laws but if ever something cried out for their use this seems to be it

3. Dispondent

Dispondent Well-Known Member Past Donor

Hate crime because the victim is a Jew, let me know when its a hate crime because the victim is just a white person...

4. Channe

Jews today are a faith, not a race. The victim was white. Idiotic deflection attempt on your part.

5. Dispondent

Wrong, its not deflection at all. We've seen this so-called game played out plenty of times, but only when a Jew is involved do we see hate crime labels bandied about. The non-Jewish white victim doesn't see hate crimes being attached to their assaults...

6. Dutch

Dutch Well-Known Member Past Donor

Wait until a Muslim is assaulted. You ain't seen nothing yet.

- - - Updated - - -

That's because you've no European roots in you :)

7. Dispondent

Actually my point would be that if its a hate crime in one instance it should be a hate crime in all instances, regardless of who the victim is. This pick and choose method of determining the level of 'hate' in a crime is arbitrary and quite stupid, which is why I actually oppose all hate crime legislation...

8. Mac-7

Mac-7 Banned

I'm happy that the cops are starting to take this seriously.

With or without invoking the hate crime law libs are better off dealing with the problem themselves than letting white gun owners put a stop to it.

9. Channe

at least it gets on the books, right ? even if your assertion that it took a Jew to be a victim before a charge was filed is true, at least a charge was filed.

- - - Updated - - -

these thugs don't see political affiliation - they see race. if you're white, arab, asian, indian, or mexican then you are fair game in their eyes.

10. Ronstar

Ronstar Well-Known Member Past Donor

if this Hasidic Jew was black, they would not have attacked him.

yes, there are black Hasidic Jews in Brooklyn.

11. Dispondent

I cannot with good conscience agree to such. It is or isn't a hate crime, if we are to have such laws on the books they must apply equally to all such victims or to none. If we are to believe people are chosen randomly, then it would appear there is no call for hate crimes whatsoever, but if it were to be applied simply because one victim is more protected than others, that becomes a travesty of justice in its own right...

12. Channe

i know there are - only proves my point that Jews are today a faith and not race as I contend that all the Jews of the Bible were Middle Eastern, brown-skinned, Jews.

13. Shangrila

Shangrila staff Past Donor

Could they tell the man was Jewish? I don't see a picture.

14. Dispondent

Irrelevant, a rabbi is calling for a hate crime, and if it comes to pass its solely because some people are getting special treatment under the law than others.

15. Ctrl

Ctrl Well-Known Member Past Donor

Jew. This word has three meanings. A person of the jewish faith, a descendant of Shem (Semites), and a resident of Israel. This is not at all by coincidence.

Jews have been protected by hate crime laws since their inception. This is not a victory for justice and equal application of the law... it is just more of the same.

16. Wizard From Oz

Wizard From Oz Banned at Members Request

However it is a way to create precedence in the law

17. Dispondent

If one creates precedence by unequally applying the law, they are setting a really bad precedent...

18. Shangrila

Shangrila staff Past Donor

But could the kids tell he was Jewish, or could they only tell skin color. I apologize, again, I have not seen a picture.

19. Oldyoungin

Oldyoungin Well-Known Member

Do they charge all involved or just the actual attacker?

20. Wizard From Oz

Wizard From Oz Banned at Members Request

How can the law be applied unequally if it has never been applied in the past?

21. johnmayo

johnmayo New Member Past Donor

Indian? Indians have a tendency towards lefterism. Big government Gandhi economics is why they are poor and if Indians love anything it is economics that land them in poverty.

22. Dispondent

If reports are to be believed the victims are chosen randomly, which would mean there is no pre-existing motive that would include grounds for a hate crime. It makes no difference if this person appears 'Jewish' or not. Herein lies the real problem. The media and law enforcement are actually going to have to make a stance on this, either its race/ethnicity related or its not. Its either a hate crime or its not. I expect that decision is unsavory, so the stories will recede back to oblivion, regardless of how many more instances occur...

23. toddwv

toddwv Well-Known Member Past Donor

A senseless "game" that merely demonstrates sociopathy on the part of the participants and recommends that they be locked up for a very long time because they are a danger to themselves and others.

However, does it justify a "hate crime?" I don't know.

24. Dispondent

I know you are foreign and all, but hate crimes aren't new, allowing them to only be applied to certain random victims and not others would be the absolute worst possible precedent the courts could set...

25. Channe

this is the dumbest broad brush post i have read on here in a long time.