Black NFL Players Arrested Ten Times More Often Than White Players

Discussion in 'Race Relations' started by northwinds, Nov 30, 2013.

1. northwinds

northwinds Well-Known Member Past Donor

On this big football weekend, when most homes will have their televisions tuned to football games, it might be nice for folks to realize exactly who they are worshipping:

http://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/nfl/2013/11/29/racial-profiling-nfl/3779489/

Please note that the reasons cited in this article for the greater number of black arrests is "racial profiling" and not disparate behavior. I doubt the NFL really cares about their pet minority running rampant......after all, they did let someone involved in a double murder back in the league.......and he was slobbered over by the Drunk White Fans......now he's a talking head on ESPN.

2. fiddlerdave

fiddlerdave Well-Known Member Past Donor

Sadly, plenty of studies have shown profiling of minorities regularly occurs, and that committing crimes is pretty similar between whites and minorities, that the greater number of black arrests is quite LIKELY to be the result of "racial profiling", not to mention lower income meaning beating the justice system is much harder to do too.

Note that, as shown in the article, that if convictions were the criteria FEW of these well-to-do blacks would included because their expensive lawyers get them off all charges.

The assertion that white football players are any less "out-of-control" than black players is baseless and absurd.

3. Levon

Levon Banned

So you think that 'racial profiling' causes 10 times more arrests of black players......now that's funny I don't care who you are.

4. zbr6

zbr6 Banned

Hes a liberal. In his mind every police officer is implanted with some sort of "sensor array" that's calibrated to find only Black men. And these "studies" hes talking about are the same type of junk science Al Gore cites when he tries to convince us the Earth is going to literally catch on fire.

5. Pred

Pred Well-Known Member

Must be racial profiling. No other explanation for it=) Blacks aren't represented "enough" in multi-billion corporations, so it must be white people. They score lower in education, so its white people. Less graduate college, so its white people. More unwed mothers...thats obviously because of white people. And they commit a lot more crime, so thats all white people as well. If white people would just get out of the way, perhaps they wouldn't be held back? I guess we could look to Africa where they are left alone, but then thats not good either =(

They dominate statistically and demographically in many major sports, and show amazing musical prowess, but hey, thats because they're just more talented? When its good news, its all good, but when its bad news, its someone ELSE'S fault.

You could go waaay back and compare technology advancement between the African continent and the lighter skinned brothers to the north and east, but that wouldn't look too good either. Are statistics racist? Must be.

6. Joker

Joker Banned at Members Request Past Donor

It's interesting to note that the OP's article states that of all the black NFL players who are arrested, 30% end up getting the charges dropped. It's pretty bad police work when 3 out of 10 arrests end up being dismissed.

7. Toefoot

Toefoot Well-Known Member Past Donor

No credit for the lawyers?

8. mikezila

mikezila New Member

or damn good lawyering...which they could afford.

9. Joker

If it were all about lawyers, I'd think the percentage would be a lot higher.

10. Toefoot

Toefoot Well-Known Member Past Donor

Really? Guess it depends on the situation.

11. Eighty Deuce

Eighty Deuce New Member Past Donor

No. From what I know, getting 30% of charges dropped is typical of being able to afford good lawyers. Of course, you are welcome to back up your baseless partisan assertions with facts.

Rapunzel and (deleted member) like this.
  12. notme

notme Well-Known Member

Of course. You not aware that racist profiling is all about not looking what some races are doing, but just all jump on 1 specific case. How about in a full room of people you place your nose against my butt,.. and go aha when I fart, to than eventually conclude I am the only one that ever farts in the entire room.

13. BringDownMugabe

BringDownMugabe Well-Known Member

Aren't there like 10 times more African Americans than whites in the NFL?

14. Whaler17

Whaler17 Well-Known Member

I believe that is pure nonsense! Culturally criminal behavior is more accepted in some communities than others. That explains this situation.

15. CMPancake

CMPancake New Member

There's also more black players in the NFL. Coincidentally, I bet more white NHL players get arrested than black NHL players.

>>>Insult removed<<<

16. Ethereal

Ethereal Well-Known Member

Just because you've been arrested by agents of the state doesn't mean you've done something wrong.

17. Levon

Levon Banned

OK, being a liberal I'll go with your assertion and agree that black players are only arrested 7 times more than their White counterparts........

18. Joker

No, they are still arrested 10 times more then whites; it's just that 30% of those arrests were unnecessary.

19. Joker

Oh, "from what you know"..., that's how you back up your well-based bipartisan assertion? :roll:

20. Joker

I guess so.

21. Andelusion

Andelusion New Member

Really.

I pointed out before that most murder, happens within the same race group. So most whites are murdered by whites. Most blacks are murdered by blacks.

Are you saying... that despite the vast number of murdered blacks every years, killed by other black people, relative to white deaths killed by whites.... that in reality.... just as many white people are being killed.... but society just..... doesn't know it because the police are ignoring white deaths?

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

So in order for you to believe that whites commit just as much crime as blacks, you are suggesting that in reality, the homicide victims is 50/50, and the police are just ignoring all those white murders? Not to mention the millions of white Americans whose loved ones are killed, and they just say nothing?

On what basis do you make this claim?

22. Andelusion

Andelusion New Member

But it's a pretty safe bet...

23. AtsamattaU

AtsamattaU Well-Known Member

I'd be more interested in knowing the socio-economic backgrounds of the suspects more than their skin color. The NFL has become an employer and enabler of thugs, no matter their race. The athletes today claim "I ain't no role model" and the League doesn't care because the fan base is happy to pay money to encourage this thuggish behavior.

24. Andelusion

Andelusion New Member

That's an assumption. Look at Hollywood. When you have big stars breaking laws, they routinely get off the hook. It would not surprise me, if they really did break laws, and deserve jail time, but were let go for their public notoriety. The Police Department wouldn't want to be blamed for a major loss at the next big game.

Maybe they are just racists, and give Black players special treatment?

25. Joker

This is an assumption, too. So what?