Martin Bashir, the Dixie Chicks, and Duck Dynasty = Right Wing Hypocrisy

Discussion in 'Political Opinions & Beliefs' started by Channe, Dec 20, 2013.

1. Channe

Channe Well-Known Member Past Donor

The right demanded the firing of Bashir for his comments on Palin - and remember the album burning and demands to have the label drop the Dixie Chicks after the lead singer said she was ashamed Bush was from Texas ?

Why was the right not advocating for their right to free speech ? Why, all of a sudden, should the right to say whatever you want also enable you to continue being paid by a private company who relies on your show for advertising and profit ?

Could it be that the right wing is, as usual, inconsistent in their morals and beliefs ?

You gotta be consistent and fair - otherwise it's just political cheer leading at its worst.

2. Pardy

Pardy Well-Known Member Past Donor

The RWNM only thinks that speech should be free if it suits their beliefs, and we see this daily.

The left needs to be personally accountable for what they say; the right is, well, just right. (The people who want prayer in school, but only if it's Christian prayer).

Edit:

While I do think that Bashir went too far (only with the defecation comment), what happened to the right's claim that they'll fight to the death to defend freedom of speech? In fact, they're quick to trample on the 'right' they claim to hold so dear.

3. nra37922

nra37922 Well-Known Member

Simplest solution is, if you don't like it, either turn the channel or not buy the CD. Be your own frickin censor and leave everyone else alone.

4. Channe

that's not what the right wing was demanding of Bashir and the Dixie Chicks - they wanted them fired and removed from the music industry

5. stekim

stekim New Member

Both sides are hypocrites. The left does not typically call for the termination or boycott of people who say something the left agrees with. Same applies to the right. That's why I can't stand either side.

6. garyd

garyd Well-Known Member

Three words sum this thread up, Pot vs Kettle.

7. savage-republican

savage-republican Well-Known Member

Would this be similar to the lefts handling of those they do not like, specifically Glenn Beck. How many times has the left boycotted shows and advertisers because of speech they do not like. Both sides should stop.

8. Taxcutter

Taxcutter New Member

Are the Dixie Chicks still together and performing?

9. Bluespade

Bluespade Banned

Lol, yep and how the (*)(*)(*)(*) is the left any different? Oh wait you aren't. All of you are hypocrites.

10. Draco

Draco Well-Known Member

Lol it's so dang funny to watch.

11. LivingNDixie

LivingNDixie New Member

Yep.

http://www.dixiechicks.com/events/

- - - Updated - - -

I remember the Dixie Chick thing, gosh that was a while back.

12. Toefoot

Toefoot Well-Known Member Past Donor

When you say the right....who exactly? Or is this thread an attempt for attention? You sure do paint with a broad brush.

- - - Updated - - -

Again, give me a name please.

13. Brewskier

Brewskier Well-Known Member

This could easily be turned around the left, who stood up for the Dixie Chicks and Martin Bashir, yet wanted A&E to toss Phil.

14. thintheherd

thintheherd New Member

Oh look.. another thread that absolutely no one group can claim high ground.

Hey, how about a Fresca? :smile:

15. Channe

I am consistent - I think Bashir and Phil needed to go - but the Dixie chick thing was mild and over blown by the far right

16. gamewell45

gamewell45 Well-Known Member Past Donor

No thanks, I think I'll have a V-8. :)

17. Goldwater

Goldwater Well-Known Member Past Donor

And do you remember how the righties on this site justified the suggestion of restricting their freedom of speech?

That was adorable...and epic hypocricy

They said it was criticizing the president "on foreign soil", and because of that the Dixie Chicks were helping the terrorists, getting US soldeirs killed, and souring our relations with England.

When I say it, or think about it now...I wonder how they ever put that one out with a straight face. These same posters on this site who hate the government now, were all for loyalty and obedience to the government back then.

18. johnmayo

johnmayo New Member Past Donor

Martin bashir pretended to be a news man. It was later too clear he is just a leftist propagandist to keep around. Piers Morgan is the right type of foreign or to run our state media arm. Hates America? As much as his viewers do.

The Dixie chicks have a label still. Nothing happened to them except their fans booed them. Not even a first for them.

Now did pelosi get to keep her job after saying klansmen Byrd was the heart and soul of their party? No way. The KKK is full on democrat. Did Trent Lott lose his for saying strom should have won? Yes.

See how the parties work their double standards?

- - - Updated - - -

Did the Dixie chicks get audited from the IRS the next week when they went back to work? Like Ben Carson?

What else do you call it when your citizens are sabotaging your war effort? They didn't lose their jobs. Nothing happened to them but some people got mad. Big deal.

19. johnmayo

johnmayo New Member Past Donor

The Dixie chick thing may have cost lives. Bashir and Phil wouldn't have cost a thing if people could get over "being called names" but the sissy kids have taken over the seats of power.

20. stekim

stekim New Member

Now THAT was funny. Partisans crack me up. So we have our first "my side is the pinnacle of virtue" poster. Which only proves the point made in the OP.

21. Pardy

Seems it was the right that was upholding freedom of speech while calling for the dismissal of Bashir because of his speech. You know that's hypocrisy, right?

22. Pardy

Well, God is on their side, after all. I guess that makes them right by default.

23. Gatewood

Gatewood Well-Known Member

I haven't followed the Duck Dynasty stuff but it was something about what the Patriarch thought the Bible said in regards to gays, wasn't it? Something about that and then he presented it along the lines of hate the sin and love the sinner, yes?

Bashir on the other hand recommended that someone urinate and defecate in Sarah Palin's mouth.

One was a direct answer to a direct question and involved religious philosophy -- if I understand the controversy correctly. The other was a request for someone to actually assault a woman simply because an opposition voice does not like her. So instead of comparing apples to oranges the OP is comparing apples to hand grenades. Bad idea that.

24. Subdermal

Subdermal Banned

The right demanded the firing of Martin Bashir? No they didn't; in fact, he quit. Are you going to even offer a single obscure right wing pundit to bolster your point? Would you think that would be enough?

Conservatives are extremely principled. The most Conservatives would wish to do is ridicule and criticize his position; point out the hypocrisies when they appear, and perhaps boycott anything dear to the liberals involved with Bashir.

The same with the Dixie Chicks. What exactly are you going to offer to support your assertion? Conservatives - once again - only suggested boycotting the band. That's it.

You keep on jousting windmills you fashion out of ether, OP. Your fabrications mean nothing except to add to the miasma with which you've replaced rational thought.

25. Hoosier8

Hoosier8 Well-Known Member Past Donor

LOL, the mean spirited idea that pissing or (*)(*)(*)(*)ting in someone's mouth is comparable to the Christian belief of hating the sin but loving the sinner is par for the course for liberals.