Hiding the Hacking at HealthCare.gov

Discussion in 'Current Events' started by Professor Peabody, Dec 24, 2013.

1. Professor Peabody

Professor Peabody Well-Known Member Past Donor

The Government won't even abide by the regulations they set down of everyone else, no surprises there. The Obama administration has shown time and again (Benghazi, IRSgate, Fast & Furious and Obama Care) that they believe they are above the law that applies to the rest of us. Breeches in Security that they were warned about, they feel no need to tell us if our social security numbers were compromised or not. But Target had only your credit/debit card info and they were required by law to disclose the breech.

OK folks sound off if you would trust these same people completely running your health care, considering they aren't responsible to anyone? Anyone.....anyone at all?

2. reallybigjohnson

reallybigjohnson Banned

The scariest part was when the report said that they only found 32 instances of "hacking". Really? The government rolls out their newest shiny toy and all but 32 hackers decided to take the month off? It seems pretty obvious that if you could only detect 32 instances that you might have a serious problem of NOT BEING ABLE TO DETECT WHEN YOU ARE HACKED!

3. AceFrehley

AceFrehley New Member

... assuming they aren't lying about the number of instances of hacking. It's hard to underestimate how depraved the Obama thugs are.

4. namvet

namvet New Member

ya get what ya deserve

[video=youtube;5TCtLtzSe6I]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5TCtLtzSe6I[/video]

5. Lee S

Lee S Moderator Staff Member Past Donor

The hacking at the site itself may not be the biggest security threat. If you have a computer or server that is secure, but it is linked to an unsecured device, your computer can be back-hacked through the unsecured connections. A security system is only as secure as its weakest portal, and if you connect to HealthCare.gov, then you are putting your system at serious risk. It is irresponsible of any website operator to subject their patrons to an unreasonable risk. The government should protect the public, above all else.

6. BestViewedWithCable

BestViewedWithCable Well-Known Member

What if hackers simply erase your allergies ?

You know, like if your allergic to penicillin...

7. SourD

SourD New Member Past Donor

The government will do it's best to escape responsibility that's for sure.

8. namvet

namvet New Member

[​IMG]

no padlock?? your on your own

Attached Files:

9. AceFrehley

AceFrehley New Member

Hackers? More likely that would be Obama operatives with a list of Republican voter rolls.

10. BestViewedWithCable

BestViewedWithCable Well-Known Member

or simply white male heterosexual christians....

11. Professor Peabody

The point is they DON'T HAVE TO TELL YOU if your information was hacked, Target has to tell you, the Government does NOT!

12. bwk

bwk Well-Known Member

Do you trust these folks to run your healthcare; http://www.msnbc.com/msnbc/the-gops-bogus-health-care-website A bogus republican healthcare website. The right will do just about anything.

13. Radio Refugee

Radio Refugee New Member

Nothing about it is bogus. It's a site designed to open the sheeple's eyes to the fraud you're shilling for. You've been duped by MSLSD, prolly many times every day. They don't air much that is news, in case you're unable to differentiate it from leftist agitprop.

14. Dispondent

Dispondent Well-Known Member Past Donor

WTF???? The government is now allowing others to take wealth without consulting the IRS? How sad...

15. bwk

bwk Well-Known Member

Did you not click on the link? The kentucky attorney general had to shut parts of Kentucky's website down because the right version of the site was being manipulated. By the way, learn to spell.

16. Professor Peabody

I would trust them before I'd trust these liars.....

SEN. HARRY REID (D-Nev.): “In fact, one of our core principles is that if you like the health care you have, you can keep it.” (Sen. Reid, Congressional Record, S.8642, 8/3/09)

SEN. RICHARD DURBIN: “We believe — and we stand by this — if you like your current health insurance plan, you will be able to keep it, plain and simple, straightforward.” (Sen. Durbin, Congressional Record, S.6401, 6/10/09)

SEN. CHUCK SCHUMER (D-NY): “If you like your insurance, you keep it.” (U.S. Senate, Finance Committee, Bill Mark-Up, 9/29/09)

SEN. PATTY MURRAY (D-Wash.): “Again, if you like what you have, you will be able to keep it. Let me say this again: If you like what you have, when our legislation is passed and signed by the President, you will be able to keep it.” (Sen. Murray, Congressional Record, S.6400, 6/10/09)

SEN. MAX BAUCUS (D-Mont.): “That is why one of the central promises of health care reform has been and is: If you like what you have, you can keep it. That is critically important. If a person has a plan, and he or she likes it, he or she can keep it.” (Sen. Baucus, Congressional Record, S.7676, 9/29/10)

SEN. TOM HARKIN (D-Iowa): “One of the things we put in the health care bill when we designed it was the protection for consumers to keep the plan they have if they like it; thus, the term ‘grandfathered plans.’ If you have a plan you like — existing policies — you can keep them. … we said, if you like a plan, you get to keep it, and you can grandfather it in.” (Sen. Harkin, Congressional Record, S.7675-6, 9/29/10)

THEN-REP. TAMMY BALDWIN (D-Wis.): “Under the bill, if you like the insurance you have now, you may keep it and it will improve.” (Rep. Baldwin, Press Release, 3/18/10)

SEN. MARK BEGICH (D-Alaska): “If you got a doctor now, you got a medical professional you want, you get to keep that. If you have an insurance program or a health care policy you want of ideas, make sure you keep it. That you can keep who you want.” (Sen. Begich, Townhall Event, 7/27/09)

SEN. MICHAEL BENNET (D-Colo.): “We should begin with a basic principle: if you have coverage and you like it, you can keep it. If you have your doctor, and you like him or her, you should be able to keep them as well. We will not take that choice away from you.” (Sen. Bennet, Press Release, 6/11/09)

SEN. BARBARA BOXER (D-Calif.): “So we want people to be able to keep the health care they have. And the answer to that is choice of plans. And in the exchange, we're going to have lots of different plans, and people will be able to keep the health care coverage they need and they want.” (Sen. Boxer, Press Release, 2/8/11)

SEN. SHERROD BROWN (D-Ohio): “Our bill says if you have health insurance and you like it, you can keep it…”(Sen. Brown, Congressional Record, S.12612, 12/7/09)

SEN. BEN CARDIN (D-Md.): “For the people of Maryland, this bill will provide a rational way in which they can maintain their existing coverage…” (Sen. Cardin, Congressional Record, S.13798, 12/23/09)

SEN. BOB CASEY (D-Pa.): “I also believe this legislation and the bill we are going to send to President Obama this fall will also have secure choices. If you like what you have, you like the plan you have, you can keep it. It is not going to change.” (Sen. Casey, Congressional Record, S.8070, 7/24/09)

SEN. KAY HAGAN (D-N.C.): ‘People who have insurance they're happy with can keep it’ “We need to support the private insurance industry so that people who have insurance they're happy with can keep it while also providing a backstop option for people without access to affordable coverage.” (“Republicans Vent As Other Compromise Plans Get Aired,” National Journal’s Congress Daily, 6/18/09)

SEN. MARY LANDRIEU (D-La.): “If you like the insurance that you have, you'll be able to keep it.” (MSNBC’s Hardball, 12/16/09)

SEN. PAT LEAHY (D-Vt.): “f you like the insurance you now have, keep the insurance you have.” (CNN’s “Newsroom,” 10/22/09)

SEN. BOB MENENDEZ (D-N.J.): “If you like what you have, you get to keep it” “Menendez is a member of the Senate Finance Committee, which is expected to release a bill later this week. He stressed that consumers who are satisfied with their plans won't have to change. ‘If you like what you have, you get to keep it,’ he said.” (“Health Care Plan Would Help N.J., Menendez Says,” The Record, 6/19/09)

SEN. JEFF MERKLEY (D-Oreg.): “[E]nsuring that those who like their insurance get to keep it” “The HELP Committee bill sets forward a historic plan that will, for the first time in American history, give every American access to affordable health coverage, reduce costs, and increase choice, while ensuring that those who like their insurance get to keep it.” (Sen. Merkley, Press Release, 7/15/09)

SEN. BARBARA MIKULSKI (D-Md.): “It means that if you like the insurance you have now, you can keep it.” (Sen. Mikulski, Press Release, 12/24/09)

SEN. JAY ROCKEFELLER (D-W.Va.): “I want people to know, the President's promise that if you like the coverage you have today you can keep it is a pledge we intend to keep.” (U.S. Senate, Finance Committee, Hearing, 9/23/09)

SEN. JACK REED (D-R.I.): “If you like the insurance you have, you can choose to keep it.” (Sen. Reed, Town Hall Event, 6/25/09)

SEN. BERNIE SANDERS (I-Vt.): “‘If you have coverage you like, you can keep it,’ says Sen. Sanders.” (“Sick And Wrong,” Rolling Stone, 4/5/10)

SEN. JEANNE SHAHEEN (D-N.H.): ‘if you have health coverage that you like, you get to keep it’ “My understanding … is that … if you have health coverage that you like you can keep it. As I said, you may have missed my remarks at the beginning of the call, but one of the things I that I said as a requirement that I have for supporting a bill is that if you have health coverage that you like you should be able to keep that. …under every scenario that I’ve seen, if you have health coverage that you like, you get to keep it.” (Sen. Shaheen, “Health Care Questions From Across New Hampshire,” Accessed 11/13/13)

SEN. DEBBIE STABENOW (D-Mich.): “As someone who has a large number of large employers in my state, one of the things I appreciate about the chairman's mark is — is the grandfathering provisions, the fact that the people in my state, 60 percent of whom have insurance, are going to be able to keep it. And Mr. Chairman, I appreciate that. That's a strong commitment. It's clear in the bill … I appreciate the strong commitment on your part and the president to make sure that if you have your insurance you can keep it. That's the bottom line for me.” (U.S. Senate, Finance Committee, Bill Mark-Up, 9/24/09)

SEN. JON TESTER (D-Mont.): “‘If you like your coverage, you'll be able to keep it,’ Tester said, adding that if Medicare changes, it will only become stronger”. (“Tester In Baker To Discuss Health Care,” The Fallon County Times, 11/20/09)

SEN. TOM UDALL (D-N.Mex.): “Some worried reform would alter their current coverage. It won't. If you like your current plan, you can keep it.” (“What I Learned: About Health Care Reform This Summer, By Your Lawmakers In Congress,” Albuquerque Journal, 9/8/09)

SEN. SHELDON WHITEHOUSE (D-R.I.): “…it honors President Obama’s programs and the promise of all of the Presidential candidates that if you like the plan you have, you get to keep it. You are not forced out of anything.”(Sen. Whitehouse, Congressional Record, S.8668, 8/3/09)

http://washingtonexaminer.com/27-de...uld-keep-your-health-coverage/article/2539245

17. bwk

bwk Well-Known Member

That's right! Even bogus republican websites.

18. bwk

bwk Well-Known Member

Except if you do a little research instead of floating nonsense around, you will find that no one in that list is lying. "you can keep your plan as long as your plan has not changed" is what was said. So no one is lying. Nice try though. Too bad you had to type so much.

19. Stuart Wolfe

Stuart Wolfe Well-Known Member Past Donor

20. Dispondent

Dispondent Well-Known Member Past Donor

Simply another sad failure by the Obama fans, we already know the IRS gets theirs, who are you trying to convince here? Oh, your lib organizations that haven't been hit yet??? Good luck...

21. Husky23

Husky23 New Member

It's a real shame, sad, and unjust that the same breaches of the law that would put private citizens and business folk in jail and fined the gov conveniently excludes themselves from this accountability.

And, we got folk that just go along with this crap...and, further support this.

22. thintheherd

thintheherd New Member

My jaw doesn't hit the ground very often but, at the moment... My chin is in severe pain.

23. AmericanNationalist

AmericanNationalist Well-Known Member

This is the most monolithic, arrogant administration in U.S History. The errors of the Bush Administration pail in comparison. The contempt the Democrats have for the American People is simply astounding(but not as astounding as how Liberals seem to think such an arrogant mindset of governance is in their best interests).

Only the Democrats would suggest a "Plan" and force subscription into it, a violation of any ethical philosophy of Self-Determinism. But as if that wasn't bad enough, when the House brought up the sensibilities of the issues(which we now know the Dems knew full well) and the suggestion of at the very least of a Delay,
    here's the Dems basic response.

"Screw you and yours, we don't care who suffers as long as our "legacy" is established."(Harry Reid LITERALLY said that, who cares about dying children. Same Party that remember, wants us 'all' to get HC).

You'd think Liberals would be angry that their party knew of the relative dangers, risks associated with the Plan but decided to do absolutely nothing. But the greatest form of treason was the Neo-Con, who has established his trench firm alliance with the New Left.

Those of us who are dissatisfied with the system know for a fact, that government no longer has any possibility of change, any possibility of reform. For the Neo-Con clings to the Liberal in order to be reelected. What did the Repubs(or more aptly the American People) gain from the "negotiations"

(Such as they were, because the country's most nepotistic party believes in mandates)? Mitch got a few billion for a pork barrel project. That's about it.

The "establishment" of the Neo-Cons and Liberals allied twice more in these later stages of 2013 to continue to insult our intelligence. They passed a huge pork barrel spending bill(Water Dams!) and claimed it would create jobs. Even if so, most of them will probably be temporary and average paying at best.

And of most recently, they peddled what they consider to be a "Budget". Few Americans, even few of the most impoverished "felt" the so-called Sequester(the hype of which was overstated so as to secure their overbloated government). Nevertheless, regardless of any economic realities, those closed, shallow walls of Washington was enough to allow their insanity to pass a budget that had been proposed many times before and is no different from Obama's budget which they previously rejected.

"We'll 'cut', but you just might not see those cuts for another 10 years." The Neo-Con then called this a "good deal'. Perhaps for them to be reelected. But for the Fatherland, it was more treason.

Traitors, all 535 of them. Not a single one has the country's interest, or any form of Patriotism. As a matter of fact, they may have lost all National recognition of the country.

24. Stuart Wolfe

Stuart Wolfe Well-Known Member Past Donor

Uh yeah. And the person on that list who made said quote was who again - ?

25. Professor Peabody

No one that I can see said the words "as long as your plan has not changed". I may have missed where they said that please re post it for me.