The difference between Russia and the United States

Discussion in 'Russia & Eastern Europe' started by domnd123, Jan 1, 2014.

1. domnd123

domnd123 New Member

(This is just a minor difference being discussed)
    The United States is the worlds superpower. They fail to support it. The only thing that keeps us Americans in that spot is our military. When the economy collapsed in 2009 it showed Americas growing weaknesses. As the world superpower America has the responsibility to be the worlds police. To keep everyone in line. And to an extent...they do.
    Edward Snowden. Many call him a hero...others a traitor. Personally I don't like him. He is an example of how weak America is becoming. The US cannot get him out of Russia. Even if the Government decided to use military action (which I know they won't) to get him out...they can't. Americas people do not back the gov't. That is the difference between America and Russia. No matter what Russia wants to do...her people are so loyal they would follow. This makes America weak. It is embarrasing for the country.
    Their weakness will be their fall. All great civilizations fall. It may be another 100 or thousands years but it will happen. History repeats itself. It may not fall like civilizations use to but it will seize to exist as we know it. It's unfortunate but it will happen. The question is who will be the next superpower? I predict China or Russia. It could be a European country though. Who do you think? I want to hear all your opinions. I know this is a little more off-topic from the title then what I meant and I apologize.

sharik and (deleted member) like this.
  2. EvilAztec

EvilAztec Banned

U.S. weakness in that they gave all their production capacity to China. Russia is a powerful state whatever the west says about Russia .

3. AboveAlpha

AboveAlpha Well-Known Member

Yes the U.S. Military is beyond a doubt the most powerful and lethal force ever existing on Planet Earth.

But you are wrong about the U.S. Economy which is #1 in the World at $17.7 Trillion a year...#2 China is just $6 Trillion a year and Russia is far behind at $1.4 Trillion a year.

AboveAlpha

4. AboveAlpha

Oh...and by the way....the United States is still the #1 Manufacturing Nation on the Planet.

China is #2.

AboveAlpha

5. tecoyah

tecoyah Well-Known Member Past Donor

I do not see the freedom to disagree with Government as not supporting it...nor do I see it as a weakness. In the U.S. the citizenry is more involved in the way Government functions than either Russia or China which allows for more rapid adaptation to virtually any circumstance.

If you want to see support....watch what happens when this country is attacked.

6. domnd123

domnd123 New Member

Thank you all for applying. I'm very open minded and my opinion can change so I do enjoy hearing others.

But...I'm talking about the change that could happen over the next 100-200 years. Even if America improves...if countries like China improve at a faster rate they will catch up. Just look at education...the US is falling behind even Vietnam now.

7. domnd123

domnd123 New Member

I never said the economy was no longer #1.

8. sharik

sharik Banned

what campaigns against what powerful enemy US forces have won to claim that status?

depends on how you count it, and you seem to leave out the US debt which if demanded 'on the nail' would destroy America completely.

9. sharik

sharik Banned

in manufacturing, say, electric cables, maybe yes, but as concerns the rest, no.
    also, the US production facilities placed in China can not be considered belonging to US nation, can they?

10. KGB agent

KGB agent Well-Known Member

Oh, how dare you!? That is the latest stuff Discovery channel and Faux News were reporting!

The last time US was fighting equal enemy on their own was 1812.

It falls at the moment. Decomposition of morality, no proper ideology, fragile economy.....exactly like USSR in the end of 80-th.

11. AboveAlpha

12. AboveAlpha

China leads the United States in the manufacture of cheap goods that hold absolutely zero strategic importance but the United States is by FAR the largest manufacturer of Big Ticket Items and High Technology specific goods.

AboveAlpha

13. sharik

sharik Banned

an example of what?.. of the baseness of methods the West employed against the USSR?

the world can force the USA alright as soon as it stops bringing back profit.

14. sharik

sharik Banned

all that is dependent on the world's investment into the technologies built on US soil, but the day may come that the world decides to support technologies elsewhere.

15. AboveAlpha

I stay out of Politics if I can...I only try to talk about the realities.

AboveAlpha

- - - Updated - - -

EXTREMELY UNLIKELY....given that even CHINA has more faith in U.S. stability than it does it's own manufacturing base in it's own country.

AboveAlpha

16. sharik

sharik Banned

but US reality is politics all the way, politics and public relation and advertising campaigns, until there's no reality left, only a myth, that is what the USA is really.

17. AboveAlpha

The United States is so complex and massive a system that just about any number of terms or words can be used and have been used to describe it.

The only one that fits is a Microcosm of all the world....multiplied by 320 Million.

AboveAlpha

18. sharik

sharik Banned

its not a matter of faith but a matter of facts... the expansionism the US has relied upon all this time comes to exhaustion. America has an enormous debt she tries to ignore, which only makes the matters worse, and as soon as the US stops being profitable for investors, the world will demand its money back and start the World War III (or the Cold War II) against America.

19. AboveAlpha

Here is the thing....those such as China who have lent large sums to the U.S. DEPEND upon such loan payments as these payments are MASSIVE and to not receive such payments would do extensive damage to these countries economies.

Thus China and others have a VESTED INTEREST in the U.S. Economy to remain successful and viable.

AboveAlpha

20. sharik

sharik Banned

first of all, the US is a lottery, and any lottery is supposed to bring profit to those behind it.

21. sharik

sharik Banned

not only China but others too, but as i said, this would last whilst it pays back, not any longer.

22. AboveAlpha

Understand just how dynamic the U.S. Economy is and just how powerful the U.S. Military is.

China with 1.7 Billion People....China under reports it's population by a bit over 350 Million to get certain Human Rights Groups and the U.N. off their ass.....China with 1.7 Billion People only generates a $6 Trillion Economy while the United States....in a period of deep recessions....is Generating $17.7 Trillion with just 320 Million People.

In an economic upturn the U.S. Economy could DOUBLE within 5 years.

The Military of the U.S. is at least 50 years ahead of China on a whole and will continue to make this gap larger and THIS is something I know about to a great degree.

AboveAlpha

23. sharik

sharik Banned

that only in Hollywood movies maybe, but don't mistake the propaganda brought to you by US mass media for reality, remember Vietnam and the American Depression.

24. sharik

sharik Banned

also keep in mind, the US military is quite a burden to US budget, and this bubble may explode any time.

25. AboveAlpha

This is not propaganda.

It is a simple reality.

AboveAlpha

- - - Updated - - -

The U.S. Military budget is TINY in comparison the entire U.S. GNP.

AboveAlpha