Obamacare Logistical Apocalypse Nowhere To Be Seen Yet

Discussion in 'Current Events' started by Agent_286, Jan 5, 2014.

1. Agent_286

Agent_286 New Member

Obamacare Logistical Apocalypse Nowhere To Be Seen Yet

By Jeffrey Yong | Huffington Post | Posted: 01/03/2014 5:42 pm EST
    Excerpts:

“The first days of Obamacare enrollment were a mess. The first days of Obamacare benefits, on the other hand, went quietly. The health care industry expects that to change soon.

More than 2 million people signed up for insurance under the new law by year's end. Those people have yet to flood pharmacies, hospitals and community health centers surveyed by The Huffington Post.

The White House and health care companies are nevertheless bracing for a flood as soon as people who lacked health insurance coverage begin to take advantage of their new access to health care.

"At this point, we've seen only moderate activity," Jim Cohn, a spokesman for the Deerfield, Ill.-based pharmacy chain Walgreens, wrote in an email to HuffPost. "We are anticipating a surge in activity beginning next week, following the holiday period."

The White House views January, the first month of new coverage, as a critical moment for President Barack Obama's signature domestic policy achievement.

The Obama administration has put in place measures to ease the transition for both those new to the insurance market and those switching from old policies, which have been discontinued at year's end, into new plans purchased via the exchange marketplaces.

HealthCare.gov, the federal portal to the health insurance exchanges in 36 states, and most of the state-run insurance marketplaces, have mostly recovered from major technological failures that hampered signups during October and November. Still, some of those who enrolled before the December deadlines for January coverage may find their benefits aren't in place. The enrollment period runs until March 31.

Health insurance companies are scrambling to process the hundreds of thousands of last-minute enrollments. Many customers haven't received invoices, while others who have paid don't yet have insurance cards.

Health care providers, led by drugstores, also are taking steps to smooth over problems. Major retail chains such as Walgreens, Walmart, CVS, Rite Aid and Kroger are offering patients whose enrollments are in doubt supplies of prescription drugs for up to 30 days. Smaller, independent pharmacies also are assisting patients who run into trouble confirming their health insurance coverage.

The emergency department at Los Angeles County University of Southern California Medical Center was busy Thursday, but no more than ordinary, spokesman Frank Toscano said. "So far, it's business as usual."

If enrollment in the exchanges continues to rise - the Congressional Budget Office predicted 7 million people would sign up for private insurance and 9 million for Medicaid or the Children's Health Insurance Program - patients without a medical home today will go looking for one. "We're expecting new patients," Morse said. ‘People are going to have access to health insurance and they're going to need a primary care provider.’ "

read more:
    http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2014/01/03/obamacare-benefits_n_4538407.html?ir=Politics&ref=topbar
    IMO: In the initial uncertainty of Obamacare’s entry into the American mainstream of medical care for every American, many people will soon have the quality medical care we should have been getting all along with the high priced private medical plans we previously had.

As Obamacare swings into action, Americans will be pleased to see the quality and breadth of benefits they will receive by joining the first universal quality medical plan for America; one that should have been in place decades ago but for the greed of private profit-making companies that paid off Congress in their lust for profit and power over the medical field in America.

2. Wehrwolfen

Wehrwolfen Well-Known Member Past Donor

What of the 6 million plus Americans that have had their Health Insurance canceled. Averaging out families of Husband, wife and 2 children, that means 24 million Americans without health Insurance. Sounds like cutting off the middleclass masses to satisfy a false utopia.

3. randlepatrickmcmurphy

randlepatrickmcmurphy Well-Known Member

Yeah I remember one of my poker buddies telling me before the election in 2008 that if Obama gets elected it would "destroy the country". Country's still here, folks. Don't see anything destroyed. In fact, the only thing that has been destroyed is the credibility of the Obama-haters.

4. Riot

Riot New Member

He destroyed the faith in the White House by continuously lying.
    Like if you make $250,000.00 or less your premiums won't change. LIE
    Like your doctor... Lie
    Like your plan....lie
    Won't raise taxes on the middle class. LIE
    Won't raise taxes on the low income... LIE
    Obama care isn't a tax....LIE
    No innocent killed in drone strikes...LIE.
    No more unbidded contracts... LIE
    Etc...... So many more.
    http://youtu.be/Q8erePM8V5U
    Care to explain. He did it twice right after this speech

5. randlepatrickmcmurphy

randlepatrickmcmurphy Well-Known Member

Who had faith in the White House before 2008? Do you even remember the former occupant? That was destroyed decades ago. In any case "faith in the white house" is not "the country". The country still stands. None of the horror stories told by lying conservatives have come to pass since Obama's election and re-election.

- - - Updated - - -

Yeah, I know my conservative poker buddy had his head up his ass when he made that idiot statement, but hey, he's my buddy, so I let it pass without comment.

6. Riot

Riot New Member

Lol really! I just listed just a few of Obama lies of so many. Yet you turn around and call the right liars. A bit hypocritical. lol some would say yes he has destroyed the country. And he has set us up for a future collapse. If it wasn't for the Feds saving his ass. It would of happened sooner. America is kissing it's hold on the petro dollar. We are fighting wars to hold on by our finger tips to the petro dollar. Every place we are at war with are trying to get away from the dollar or have. Losing it's hold on the Middle East. Losing science and technology jobs to other countries. Housing mortgages are down even with the Feds. Soon builders will be seating on so many houses. Thanks to Obama care taxes to middle class won't be able to afford a new home. The DHS is prepping for something to happen. Can't explain it any other way. Trades deal is so unbalanced and will continue to fall. Stocks are over priced and a reset will happen soon. Every corp is too big to fail thanks to Obama. Holder even said so. Our privacy is now a joke more than ever. Thanks Obushma !!!!

7. Professor Peabody

Professor Peabody Well-Known Member Past Donor

Half or less have actually paid the premiums. That is required to be covered ya know.

8. MolonLabe2009

MolonLabe2009 Banned

What percent of those 2 million were forced into Medicaid (subsidized) and what percent of those 2 million have actually committed to a policy and are paying monthly premiums?

Inquiring minds want to know.

9. Montoya

Montoya Banned

Who cares? What matters is they are covered.

10. goober

goober New Member

You know that posting a list of lies doesn't make them true.
    You may believe them, but then you have no BS filter.
    Here, I'll pop your balloon right here. Show me where Obama said no innocents would be killed in drone strikes, you can't

I'm not going to waste time on the rest of the nonsense, I test one, if it's crap, I just assume the whole list is crap....maybe you should too, you know check one out before you post....

11. MolonLabe2009

MolonLabe2009 Banned

Because I don't want to pay for them!

Do you understand!

12. MolonLabe2009

MolonLabe2009 Banned

YES I CAN! Hey that sounds like some campaign slogan. Anyways, here you go...

Did Obama keep his drone promises?

13. Montoya

Montoya Banned

Thats too bad. I don't want to pay for alot of things but thats just the way it is. In this country we are civilized, for the most part and take care of our people. I know you extremists would like nothing more than to totally do away with medicaid/medicare, SS, unemployment benefits, food stamps, and housing assistance. While giving that money to rich people for more corporate welfare because they are so "burdened". Give me a break, your kinds toxic ideology is not wanted in America.

14. MolonLabe2009

MolonLabe2009 Banned

Correct, I don't want to pay for other people's stuff.

And I don't want to pay for bailouts either.

15. Riot

Riot New Member

http://youtu.be/oMJxzueBxjQ
    http://www.dawn.com/news/1052933/drones-killed-67-civilians-in-five-years-pakistan
    How many more you need?
    The documents come from his administration and he is held accountable for them. Just as good as him saying it personally.

16. Smartmouthwoman

Smartmouthwoman Bless your heart Past Donor

Guess it depends on who you ask.

http://www.ijreview.com/2014/01/106...adaches-angry-americans-tweet-aca-complaints/

17. Riot

Riot New Member

Here is proof of his lying about unbidded contracts. http://m.newsbusters.org/blogs/tom-...era-no-bid-nature-cgi-contract-media-kept-sec

18. Riot

Riot New Member

Do you need me to prove if you like you plan lie?
    How about if you like your doctor?
    I can if you need me to or will you drink more koolaid and close your eyes to the truth.
    Do u need more lies?
    How about the NDAA. He personal said he won't sign it. Yet his lawyers wrote it for him.
    How about him saying the sequester wasn't his idea?
    Need more or your eyes closed yet?

19. Riot

Riot New Member

Need more lies. Here are just a few on Obama care from a left wing site. Even Michel Moore says Obama lied. Lol

20. bwk

bwk Well-Known Member

21. Riot

Riot New Member

Need more. Lol
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o8R5GvwUFU8
    I can prove Obama lies all day. You can't prove not a one isn't a lie

22. bwk

bwk Well-Known Member

23. Riot

Riot New Member

https://www.aclu.org/blog/national-security/civilian-deaths-cia-drone-strikes-zero-or-dozens
    http://www.nytimes.com/2011/08/12/world/asia/12drones.html?pagewanted=all&_r=0
    Here are two liberal sites. lol really how many lies do I have to post before one of y'all admit he is a lier?
    It's his administration. He is responsible for what comes out of it. If wanted he could have corrected this statement but choose to allow the American people to believe it. Promoting a lie is lying

24. bwk

bwk Well-Known Member

Where is the one that he said he has killed no civilians with drones?

25. Riot

Riot New Member

One post up. Put down your koolaid and look