Israeli Arabs: We don't want to be part of Palestinian state !

Discussion in 'Middle East' started by MGB ROADSTER, Jan 7, 2014.

1. MGB ROADSTER

MGB ROADSTER Banned

While Foreign Minister Avigdor Lieberman was surprisingly bonding with the prospect of a peace deal with the Palestinians, his support for a land swap wasn't met with the same enthusiasm by those who would likely be part of the transfer.
    Lieberman said he supported the option of a land and population exchange with the Palestinians, clarifying that he envisioned the transfer of the predominantly Arab "Triangle" of communities and Wadi Ara, a main artery between central and northern Israel bordering the West Bank, in return for Jewish settlements in the West Bank.

"They define themselves as Palestinians," he said, "so why wouldn't they join their Palestinian brothers?"

But those living in the predominantly Arab region of Israel have a very different opinion.
    Revia Mahajna, an attorney from the village Musmus in the Wadi Ara region, said he sees no problem in calling himself a Palestinian and wanting to stay in the State of Israel.
    "From an historical perspective, I'm living on Palestinian land that was passed down from father to son way before the State of Israel was established, and on the other hand I have an Israeli identification card," he said. "I'm a Palestinian living in the State of Israel just like there are Palestinians living in Canada or Germany."
    Adal Mahajna, an insurance agent, also from Musmus, said even if Israeli Arabs call themselves Palestinians, the majority still prefers to stay in Israel.
    "Our life is in Israel, and a transfer like this will cut us off from our family and our friends, Arabs and Jews," he said. "It really doesn't have a chance – this is just Lieberman's trial balloon, it's not the solution to the Israeli-Palestinian conflict."
    Lawyer Alaa Atmanah from Kafr Kara said the foreign minister's plan is offensive and not feasible.

http://www.ynetnews.com/articles/0,7340,L-4473953,00.html

Residents of predominantly Arab 'Triangle' see Lieberman land swap plan as unrealistic, say most would move to stay in Israel: 'The population won't agree to give up their citizenship'

Arabs and Palestinians here curse Israel 24/7.. SO WHY DON'T THEY WANT TO BE A PART
    OF PALESTINIAN STATE ????????????????????
    Nobody will move them from their houses ( villas ) and land..

2. free man

free man Well-Known Member

They fear the day the Palestinian scam will backfire and they will be part of 'Palestine'.
    And rightfully so. Why would you want to live in 'Palestine' with GDP per capita of 3K$, religious zealots rule the schools and murderous organizations the streets, when you can live in Israel with law order and 30K$ per capita ?

3. Gilos

Gilos Well-Known Member

But but but but ..........what about the inhumane treatment of the zionists against the Arabs ????? surely they want to be "freed" from the "bondage" of zionism ?!?

At the moment of exercise the truth reveals....

4. Face. Your

Face. Your Banned

Surprising given the claims made by some on this forum which we are inundated with on a daily basis that Israel is an apartheid state. :roll:

A) Because Arabs have more liberties and higher standards of living than anywhere in the Arab world.

B) Because they look at Gaza and see the Talibanized theocratic hellhole for which the majority of non-Israeli Arabs voted for.

5. Margot2

Margot2 Banned

Where have you lived in the Arab world?

6. Aleksander Ulyanov

Aleksander Ulyanov Well-Known Member

But that's sort of the whole point of the objections. No. Israel ISN'T an Apartheid state...YET...but there are many, some Israeli and some Palestinian, who want to make it so.

This is probably the most tragic paradox of the many in this whole dispute. While both sides wrangle endlessly over a solution to the "Palestinian Problem" many thousands of Israelis and Palestinians, indeed, the majority of both of them to my understanding, have been finding their own remedy and simply living their lives in harmony with one another for years. It's the ideologically motivated fanatics on both sides who are continuing a conflict which neither side wants nor benefits from.

This may be the main problem of our age everywhere and has been for a long time. It is high time we end it.

7. Gilos

Gilos Well-Known Member

I agree but the resent you read from "Israelis" here is for the abusive attacks and lies and vicous propaganda we had to deal with all these years and in this site as well on how Israel is not just racist and facist but it THE racist and facist state in the whole wide world.....

Now if this fact that the Arabs dont want to be part of a Palestinian state but prefer Israel doesnt prove them wrong, then I say its just another blind hatred, not on Jews but on Israelis.

8. Injeun

Injeun Well-Known Member

So the Palestinians won't leave Israel, but they demand that Israelis leave Palestinian land? Talk about having your cake and eating it too! Of course life is better in Israel.....but that makes the wants of Palestinians no less childish.

9. Gilos

Gilos Well-Known Member

I think it means they want there to be an Israel...., otherwise they shouldnt have objected to be included in a Palestinian state, they were not supposed to be relocated, Liberman demands Israel to give that land to the Palestinians together with its ppl, no one needs to leave, the border moves not them.

10. Margot2

Margot2 Banned

Palestinans who live in Israel have a fairly good standard of living.. Its the Palestinians in the West Bank and Gaza that suffer.

11. Injeun

Injeun Well-Known Member

Well then, the West Bank and Gaza should emulate Israeli Palestinians and become part of Israel and live in peace as one nation. yes/no?

12. Injeun

Injeun Well-Known Member

So they don't really want to be Palestinians....and they don't really want to be Israelis.....they just want to be left alone while they go out of their way to be noticed? I am confused.

13. Dutch

Dutch Well-Known Member Past Donor

Of course not. Once the "former" palestinians have a say in how to govern Israel, Israel will become... GAZA.

14. Injeun

Injeun Well-Known Member

LOL! That's not exactly what I had in mind... ;-)

15. pessimist

pessimist New Member

"The East is a delicate matter"

16. creation

creation New Member

Why would this solution be good for these people?

Theyd be cut off from their jewish and arab friends, their jobs etc etc.

As for jews in the settlements, theyd be cut off from nothing since they already have no contact with the west bank people any way and are already Israelis.

So whats wrong with just giving up all the west bank or swappng uninhabited israeli land for the jewish west bank settlements ?

17. trout mask replica

trout mask replica New Member

Nothing wrong with it and everything right with it. However, the elephant in the room is the fact that Israel is an aggressive expansionist state that has no interest in peace.

18. Borat

Borat Banned

Hmm, Blacks in apartheid South Africa had highest literary standards and the highest standard of living in all of Africa. Yet despite that they never stopped fighting....Are you claiming that their arab brethren have less principles and can be bought for a few shekels? Is this the bigotry of low expectations towards the Arabs that western Israel haters so often expose....Or perhaps Israel is a flourishing liberal democracy, not an apartheid totalitarian, religious bigoted aggressor, a bunch of useless anti-Israel idiots are trying to portray it on this forum? Or perhaps both? LOL

The story is of course a huge embarrassment to the Israel hate mob, people they claim to represent just spit in their faces and tell them to get lost. Could not happen to more deserving crowd LOL

19. Face. Your

Face. Your Banned

There suffering is brought about by the fact that they have rejected every single peace proposal which does not call for the destruction of Israel through a demographic shift "right of return" and in fact they elected Hamas which not only calls for nothing short for the destruction of Israel but the extermination of world Jewry as well.

20. Jonsa

Jonsa Well-Known Member Past Donor

I haven't lived in the arab world, but I am unaware of any arab nation that compares to the freedom/liberty/free speech that Israeli arabs enjoy. Please enlighten me.

21. Doc Dred

Doc Dred Banned

oh here we go …This poster refuse to answer the most important question about the mid east due to being totally bigoted against Jews and the beautiful Zionist peoples.
    she think zionism is some evil thing instead of the simple patriotic beauty they profess…

she has no clue as to what an Arab is either than someone who she thinks hates Jews...

- - - Updated - - -

she won;t answer that directly at all…it will be so far off base and evasive as hell…

ask her if Jews like arabs deserve a sovereign state in the mid east due to the fact they all lived there for thousands of years...

22. alexa

alexa Well-Known Member Past Donor

You want to explain to me then why when I was travelling in the 70's a white south african told me he was confused. He had been to the States and had found black people to be as intelligent as white whereas in South Africa they were completely thick?????

P.S and I hate to break it to you but people do not like to live under White Supremacist or any other domination.

You believe Lieberman's policy of ethnic cleansing instead of justice is a surprise to anyone? The Peace settlement requires honouring Oslo. Once that has been done, a proper Palestinian state set up with it's own resources and security and all is settled down, then if Lieberman wants he can offer the other bits of land by which he hopes to create a Jewish only State. At that time when things are well settled in the Palestinians State and they are flourishing well and are have sufficient security to halt Israel aggression, he can ask them again....and they may still decided to stay in their ancient homeland with the new interlopers. ;)

23. Face. Your

Face. Your Banned

Abject nonsense they have exchanged land for peace on numerous occasions, had they been the aggressive expansionist country that you claim they would still be occupying Gaza, the Sinai, and Lebanon, Israel has accepted every single peace proposal which doesn't call for their destruction through a demographic shift that has been brought before them, in fact had Arafat not rejected a contiguous Palestinian state encompassing all of Gaza, 97% of the West Bank, and a capital in East Jerusalem offered to him at Taba things would look very different today, in fact had the Palestinians accepted Bush's road map to peace instead of using their first ever vote to elect a terrorist organization sworn to Israels destruction and the extermination of world Jewry, things would look very different today.

The latter itself is an interesting point as well, why if Israel is such an aggressive expansionist state did they grant the Palestinians the vote and sovereignty within their own territory for the first time in their history? Remind me again when did Egypt and Jordan allow voting and Palestinian sovereignty in Gaza and the West Bank?

24. trout mask replica

trout mask replica New Member

It's been very clear to me for a long time now that you are one of this forum's most intelligent poster's and I often enjoy reading your many interesting and valid contributions. However, your achilles heel is the propensity to which you regurgitate (arguably albeit unknowingly) pro-Israeli/Western propaganda. Your latest diatribe above is a case in point. I'm also aware that people like you mistake BS, as for example, outlined in your contribution above, on the one hand, for what you falsely believe to be the veracity of a particular position, on the other. Sadly, for you the two things too often go hand in hand. Throughout history, the various positions' adopted by intellectuals have been guided more by a deep-seated and entrenched commitment to ideology as apposed to having the ability to arrive at a set of conclusions based upon a detached and objective analysis of the facts. Gramsci coined the term "false consciousness" or "contradictory consiousness" to describe this trait:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/False_consciousness

So, after conducting in-depth analysis of mainstream media performance with the concept of false consciousness in mind, researchers at the Glasgow Media School were able to conclude that Western media coverage and commentary on the Israeli/Palestine issue is one of entrenched and systematic bias in favour of the Israeli position.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/More-Bad-Ne...&qid=1389219703&sr=8-2&keywords=more+bad+news

I'm afraid to say that your analysis above reflects this entrenched bias.

I doubt very much if anything I say from here on in will change your entrenched and distorted perspective, but nevertheless I respectfully ask you to take a few minutes of your time to read posts 14-16 from the link below and hopefully you might actually learn some truths.

www.politicalforum.com/showthread.php?t=338006&page=2

25. Moi621

Moi621 Well-Known Member Past Donor

What If: :ignore: :rant: :bored:
    Arabs living in the Jewish State, Israel - maintain a national citizenship with Palestine and Permanent residency card in Israel.
    Likewise, Jews living in Palestine would maintain national citizenship with Israel and Permanent residency cards in Palestine.
    Hopefully this would apply mostly is whose "national elections" are you going to vote and "local elections" would allow registered residents to register to vote.
    A second class citizen must have equal rights in Palestine as Israel. Such as ownership of land.
    :ignore: :rant: :bored:

Moi :oldman:

No :flagcanada: