79% of Obamacare Enrollees are Subsidized - Get Ready for the Bill America

Discussion in 'Current Events' started by HB Surfer, Jan 14, 2014.

1. HB Surfer

HB Surfer Well-Known Member Past Donor

2. HB Surfer

Also, the youth who signed up are no where near enough to pay for this catastrophe. That is also in the same link above.

Our nation is being economically screwed by Barack Obama and the Democrats to new never before experienced depths.

3. OldManOnFire

OldManOnFire Well-Known Member

http://www.marketwatch.com/story/no...acare-2014-01-14?mod=latestnewssocialflow&amp

Perhaps this will change by the March deadline?

The last report from the government they would not disclose how many have actually made a payment towards Obamacare?

An article yesterday implies that a majority of those on Medicaid through Obamacare are re-enrollees who had Medicaid before and now are getting the upgrades.

No one knows how business will respond because their deadlines have been moved way out.

Last I read, even if Obamacare unfolds exactly how Obama designed it, Obamacare still costs US taxpayers $180 billion per year.

Time will tell how this works out...

4. TheImmortal

TheImmortal Well-Known Member

Far more than $180B.

5. TRFjr

TRFjr Well-Known Member Past Donor

How much damage to this nation are you willing to accept waiting to see if it works out when all indications point to it not?

6. TheImmortal

TheImmortal Well-Known Member

And don't forget... any losses will have 75% of them paid for by the taxpayer.

7. Taxcutter

Taxcutter New Member

ObamaTax (I have heard it accurately described as ClusterCare) comes down to this:

Moochers win. Taxpayers lose.

8. Talon

Talon Well-Known Member Past Donor

THIS is why you can't keep your HC plan if you like it. Period.

9. Lunchboxxy

Lunchboxxy Well-Known Member

For those of you interested in actual facts

http://www.npr.org/blogs/health/201...ordable-care-act-pays-for-insurance-subsidies

10. OldManOnFire

OldManOnFire Well-Known Member

OUR Congress members and the president created the legislation and put it into law...there's nothing I can do about this until the next time I vote. It's not a matter of 'accepting' but at this time more about seeing how it unfolds. My only hope is that IF it is a disaster and is not sustainable, that instead of creating more national debt, they either terminate the program or greatly redesign it to allow for full funding.

I think the next shoe to drop is hearing actual stories of those who use Obamacare regarding the coverage, copay, deductibles, etc.

We already know from studies that emergency room use will increase instead of decrease...

11. Talon

Talon Well-Known Member Past Donor

12. Radio Refugee

Radio Refugee New Member

Adverse selection is well displayed and easy to assume. Every net loss enrollee is likely already signed up. All the old sick folks guaranteed to cost more than they pay were the first in line for this. I plan to buy it the first minute it's a net positive for me and not before. Most of the thinking world can do likewise, especially if they have only modest assets to protect.

13. HB Surfer

This was so predictable and even as it comes true Liberals are in complete denial. It's about authoritarian power and control for them. The want to see a USSR type rule over the American people.

14. Mac-7

Mac-7 Banned

That's what I'm thinking.

If libs admit to that much it will triple or quadruple before long.

15. Marine1

Marine1 Well-Known Member Past Donor

If you believe that, I have some beach front property here to sell you in Arizona. Does anyone believe when you hike the cost of drugs and medical devises that that cost won't be passed down to insurance companies and that the insurance companies won't pass that expense down to the consumer? Are you not robbing Peter to pay Paul in taking money from Medicare and switch it Medicade?

16. Ethereal

Ethereal Well-Known Member

You really should not take the guy's word for it that those projected savings will actually materialize. The chief actuary of Medicare is incredulous of them ever happening:

17. Marine1

You do realize those just over the line of government subsidies with Copper and Silver plans and have children, will be paying such a high deductable that unless they have a real big problem, most will pay out thousands of dollars on their deductible and never be able to collect a cent from the insurance company. It's not unheard of to have a six to eight thousand deductible for each person and that is renewed every year. That is on top of their monthly premium.

18. Marine1

What would happen if a family of four get's into a small wreck and goes to the emergency room for tests? Do you realize they could go bankrupt for that even if they all had nothing but bruises ?

19. Marine1

I just found this on how it will work in California. Read more.

Related: I'm signing up for Obamacare

California offers insight into how much participants will actually have to pay under Obamacare. The state, unlike most others, is requiring insurers to offer a standard set of benefits and charges in each plan level. The only variables are monthly premiums, doctor networks and carriers in your area.

For those in need of frequent medical care, the platinum or gold plans would reduce out-of-pocket costs for treatment. These plans have no deductible, and doctors' visits and medication are cheaper. But the trade-off is that they have higher monthly premiums. California has not yet released the premium range for these tiers.

On the flip side, a young man who never visits the doctor and wants to minimize his monthly charge could opt for a bronze plan. A 40-year-old enrolling in this plan could pay as little as $219 a month. But, if he did get sick, he'd get socked with a $5,000 deductible, $60 co-pays for primary care visits and a $300 emergency room charge.

http://money.cnn.com/2013/06/13/news/economy/obamacare-affordable/index.html

20. Knifeintheback

Knifeintheback New Member

The let them die crowd is still out there.

21. HB Surfer

Silly little left wing talking points from DailyKos do not an argument make.

22. Not The Guardian

Not The Guardian Well-Known Member

How is this a shock? We were told from the beginning the purpose of Obamacare was to help the uninsured, underinsured, poor, working poor, and those who couldn't afford insurance.

What point of universal health care do you not understand?

23. Knifeintheback

Knifeintheback New Member

I am not following them but you have to admit, the alternative to subsidized healthcare for the poor is no healthcare.

24. Marine1

We could do better. This plan was drawn up with only a few people with input. Right now, every American can get health care. Our biggest problem is those who need extended care for big problems. I don't believe we have to turn our heath care system upside down and inside out to take care of that one problem.

25. Marine1

Right now we require everyone who doesn't have insurance including illegals, to go to the emergency room for care, no matter how minor it is. That is the most expensive care we can provide. Billions could be saved right there if we allowed those with minor problems to go to Urgent Care Centers.