More racial protectionism from Holder, and a message to white Americans

Discussion in 'Race Relations' started by Wehrwolfen, Jan 15, 2014.

1. Wehrwolfen

Wehrwolfen Well-Known Member Past Donor

Allen West

When the concept of doing a website was presented to me, initially I scoffed thinking there wouldn’t be enough critical material daily to comment on — boy was I wrong. Every day I am amazed at the insanity I witness in our America and here is another example.

According to a report in The Hill, Attorney General Eric Holder is at it again with his racial preference policies,

Attorney General Eric Holder called upon the nation’s school districts Wednesday to rethink “zero tolerance” disciplinary policies that he said disproportionately punish minorities and push too many students into the justice system. Alarming numbers of young people are suspended, expelled or even arrested for relatively minor transgressions like school uniform violations, schoolyard fights or showing ‘disrespect’ by laughing in class,” Holder said during a speech in Baltimore.

What did his remarks really mean? They accompanied the release of new federal guidance from the departments of Justice and Education encouraging (i.e. threatening) schools to adopt disciplinary policies that are “fair, nondiscriminatory, and effective.” The guidance offers parameters for punishment as governed by federal civil rights protections, alternatives to exclusionary discipline and a comprehensive list of regulations on the books in every state.

So now the US Department of Justice under Eric Holder will use its power to enforce “civil rights protections” in school disciplinary actions. In fact, the DoJ and DoEd are putting schools on notice that they are prepared to use their authority to investigate the claims of racial disparity in the punishment of students.

And of course the American Civil Liberties union (ACLU) is thrilled with this policy. The ACLU offered research showing that black students make up 36 percent of those expelled, though they represent only 15 percent of students.”

Not to be outdone by Holder in the “stuck on stupid” category, Education Secretary Arne Duncan stated, “Positive discipline policies” can actually foster safer school environments, without a heavy reliance on suspensions and expulsions. Schools also must understand their civil rights obligations and avoid unfair disciplinary practices.

[Excerpt]

Read more:
    http://floppingaces.net/most_wanted...from-holder-and-a-message-to-white-americans/

So what Mr. Holder is telling us is that a black teenager in school can assault a teacher and he/she will not be held to accountable. But a white elementary school pupil in kindergarten can be expelled for using his finger to simulate a gun, or kissing his little girl friend. We have to have control and discipline in schools.

2. nra37922

nra37922 Well-Known Member

Home school or send your kids to a private school if at all possible. The family may have to work two jobs to make this work but your children will be better off in the long run.

3. Wehrwolfen

That's what we are doing with the grandchildren. Part of my retirement goes into the education of my grand kids.

4. Gatewood

Gatewood Well-Known Member

I'm peripherally in the education field and come into contact with a great many teachers and students. I will say that any parent or parents who can possibly put their child or children in private schools or home school them should do so rather than risk exposing their off spring to the third rate educational environments and cultural hell-holes represented by the typical U.S. public educational school system. Failing that then make it a habit to routinely deprogram your children during every summer vacation session.

5. Levon

Levon Banned

Any White parent who sends their precious offspring to a predominately 'minority' school environment should be prosecuted for child abuse.......... I had the privilege of going to all-white public schools where education was valued and we had very few disciplinary problems.......everyone graduated and 98 percent of us went on to college.

6. Ronstar

Ronstar Well-Known Member Past Donor

I'm sure Cuomo is heartbroken.

;)

7. Wehrwolfen

Writes
    mathman2 says:
    "Oh, Allen. You have not started a website yet? Shame on you.
    Holder is out to avenge 400 years of slavery. Of course there was not 400 years of slavery in the first place, and no American citizen (to my knowledge) owns, or ever owned, slaves. Some foreign nationals keep slaves in this country, of course, but they have diplomatic immunity.
    So Holder wants to hold me accountable for something I did not do.
    That is crazy.
    And disparate discipline in the schools is the same as no discipline in the schools. What does he want? A paper bag test before a student is disciplined? You can’t teach when students misbehave. That is just the way it is. Every student I have ever had would rather watch another student act out than pay attention to the material."

Like all Americans today we cannot relate to the horrors of the past. The despicable acts of the past cannot be taken out on those of today. Revenge breeds revenge. That is what is wrong with what is happening today. Plucking the eye out of the white man to avenge today what was never done to you is not justifiable. If that was the case we would still be seeking revenge for what was done to our families thousands of years ago.

8. Gatewood

Yes, that's true, and there's so much more besides. The public schools systems are generally speaking simply leftwing indoctrination centers with traces of educational bric-a-brac strewn around to make it look good and then we have this 'Common Core" educational travesty rammed down the throats of the students, and so forth and so on.

If you want the youngsters to have a meaningful and solid education then you have to send them to a real school that values traditional subjects treatments or do it yourself so that when all is said and done they can and DO read and comprehend what they are studying, they have a fundamental grasp of history and government, an overview comprehension of science, and enough mathematics studies to satisfy requirements. Of course they will miss out on much of the Left's Social Engineering propaganda . . . but them's the breaks.

9. Rainbow Crow

Rainbow Crow New Member Past Donor

I guess "zero tolerance" policies do have a "disparate impact" which is racism according to the left. Thing is, not all disparate impact is racism and this is a good example of why not. Are we really going to allow fighting in schools or something because more black kids fight? Turn our schools into rumbles or battlegrounds so that no one calls us racist?

In other words, should we let minority kids hurt other minority kids and get away with it because they're part of a minority? That is somehow not racist? Or will only the black kids from mixed schools get away with hurting others?

I would have hoped that people would see the madness of the "disparate impact" argument after the housing bubble but apparently not.

10. Professor Peabody

Professor Peabody Well-Known Member Past Donor

Holder is all done in 2 years.

11. Rainbow Crow

Rainbow Crow New Member Past Donor

I guess the good news is that even the teacher's unions will have a problem with this once they start getting their asses kicked even worse than they already do.

12. TomFitz

TomFitz Well-Known Member

So, what we have here is Allen West, a well known right wing crackpot, extrapolating and injecting his own editorial comments into Holder's comments, and then the OP injecting his own twice removed projections on the sound byte of those remarks.

The race baiting here is too obvious to miss!

13. Gatewood

Translation. Because Allen West is not a leftwinger endorsed by the leftwing dominated Mainstream Media then he MUST be a crack pot.

14. JavisBeason

JavisBeason New Member

while I have no doubt Holders agenda with this is less than noble and completely self-serving.... I do agree, zero-tolerance laws SUCK

if a kid is harrassing your child, and your kid is sucker-punched but is able to defend himself and fight back, both kids get 10 days out of school for fighting. That's Zero-tolerance

bringing a butter-knife to school..... Zero-tolerance

bringing an aspirin to school..... Zero-tolerance
    giving said aspirin to a classmate because they have a headache..... both kids suspended.... zero-tolerance.

and of course, as a teacher.... I have no option but to turn in the kid with aspirin, or else I risk disciplinary action against my teaching certificate if it comes out I didn't turn them in. but then, once it hits the news "local teacher turns in kid for drugs over an aspirin... tune in at 6pm and we'll tell you his name, address, and point out everything he's ever done wrong since it's public record" I have everyone calling for my firing because I turned an aspirin kid in and told I shouldn't be a teacher because everyone knows how to do my job better than I do.

Zero-tolerance sucks

15. TomFitz

My remarks did not need " translation" into wingnutease.

Allan West is a crackpot, and has demonstated both his dishonesty and his political extremism and willing to pander to an audience on many occasions.

16. Gatewood

So he's actually Barack Obama? Sweet!

17. TomFitz

No one who is actively involved in any school system would make remarks as full of stereotypes and generalizations as you do.

I am involved in the education system, and I see things a lot differently. Perhaps it's because I really AM involved in these issues, not "perifially" involved.

18. Whaler17

Whaler17 Well-Known Member

So he is an "Uncle Tom"? leftists are the biggest hypocrites in the world.
    - - - Updated - - -

HAHAHAH Holder is a genius? :roflol: Wow , yeah your comments do need translating!

19. Whaler17

Whaler17 Well-Known Member

My take on the public school system after more than a half century on this planet participating in and sending my children to public schools is:

Since most teachers are women, the teaching style is geared toward female preferences. In general (not always) females can sit and listen to a teacher babble on incessantly on a subject and actually retain some of it. In general (not always) males have a hard time sitting still for so long listening to someone talk, and they do not retain much of the information. More hands on practical application examples would improve the results with regard to male students.

Many teachers (not all) are female and (since they have been in the school environment since they were 5 years old) do not socially mature beyond a high school level. They react to challenges from students as a high school girl would and handle conflict essentially the same way, only (since they realize they have the power in the teacher role) they take on the bully role with regard to personal conflict. Administrators and teachers in many cases remain apathetic and allow interpersonal conflicts among students to escalate until a physical altercation takes place, then they throw both kids out of school because that is just easier than doing the right thing.

The comments made to my wife and I by teachers and school office personnel when our children were wronged by either other students or teachers were exceptionally juvenile and apathetic. We only had a few occasions to address such situations but OMG it makes you skeptical of the entire system.

20. Gatewood

"No one involved?" Hahahahaha! Although the MSM refuses to pick up on not ALL educators are the lock step leftwingnut zombies they want them to be. Many of them actually think for themselves and -- gasp! -- do not swallow the Left's educational Kool-aid.

So keep your personal opinion regarding my character and my background to yourself. There are PF rules about that sort of thing.

21. sneakypete

sneakypete New Member

"Attorney General Eric Holder called upon the nation’s school districts Wednesday to rethink “zero tolerance” disciplinary policies that he said disproportionately punish minorities and push too many students into the justice system. Alarming numbers of young people are suspended, expelled or even arrested for relatively minor transgressions like school uniform violations, schoolyard fights or showing ‘disrespect’ by laughing in class,” Holder said during a speech in Baltimore.

What did his remarks really mean? "

They mean just like it sounds like. Minorities will be given a pass on anything they do,and once again whites will be the only ones the law applies to. After all,it's their fault they are white,right?

22. Radio Refugee

Radio Refugee New Member

Government schools are child abuse.

23. toddwv

toddwv Well-Known Member Past Donor

Actually, what it means is that, just like the "War on Drugs" is really just a war on minorities with longer sentences and less leniency even though use rates are similar, the academic "justice" system also tends to be heavy handed towards minorities while their white cohorts are given more leeway.

We're talking about equal crime equal time not the lopsided approach that sees minorities get the heavy end of the stick.

Anyone who reads more into it is just putting words in Holders mouth.

24. Radio Refugee

Radio Refugee New Member

The SAT scores of future teachers are among the lowest of all occupations. SAT is a good correlate of intelligence. Add in the estrogen bias and young males are doomed. We are destroying our future human capital one boy at a time.

sneakypete and (deleted member) like this.
  25. toddwv

toddwv Well-Known Member Past Donor

Lol. Your post is so full of bull(*)(*)(*)(*) that I'm willing to bet you can't find a credible source for your assertions.

SAT scores have little to nothing to do with intelligence. Anyone who says that is deeply ignorant of testing. The ONLY things that SAT scores are a good correlate for is preparation for the SAT. They're not even a good predictor of success in college. They do delineate socio-economic status pretty well because preparation requires time and money which impoverished students tend to lack.